Babies: 3 - 6 Months

If you were induced...

for a medical reason (not because you were just done being pregnant), was your baby (or babies) born healthy?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If you were induced...

• I had a RCS at 37w2d because my first pregnancy ended in stillbirth at 37w5d. He was and is healthy.
    =BFP#1 11/2009, It's a boy! 3/2010, Our Angel Ian born sleeping 7/3/2010 (cord accident 37w5d); BFP#2 1/2011, mmc confirmed 2/24/2011, incomplete natural mc so had D&C 3/11/2011; BFP#3 6/19/2011, natural mc 6/21/2011; BFP#4 7/15/2011, no hb at 7w5d, D&C 9/7/2011; BFP#5 2/6/2012, baby boy born on 9/27/2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers imageimageimage
  • She was perfectly healthy and still is knock on wood. Just missed one point on the apgar test.  

• Loading the player...
  • I had to be induced after DD fell asleep during our natural child birth.  She was born perfectly healthy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had to be induced after my water broke but I didn't start contracting. (we waited over an hour and there was not a single contraction so they started the pitocin). I wound up with a C-section because he was facing the wrong way (up instead of down) and he was born completely healthy and still is thankfully.  I tell you all this because that is something to keep in mind,  if you are induced C-sections are more likely.
  • imagecarrotsoup70:
    I had a RCS at 37w2d because my first pregnancy ended in stillbirth at 37w5d. He was and is healthy.

I'm so sorry for your loss. 

• imageMrs&Dr2b:
    I had to be induced after my water broke but I didn't start contracting. (we waited over an hour and there was not a single contraction so they started the pitocin). I wound up with a C-section because he was facing the wrong way (up instead of down) and he was born completely healthy and still is thankfully.  I tell you all this because that is something to keep in mind,  if you are induced C-sections are more likely.

Do you mean he was breech or "sunny-side up"? My baby was sunny-side up until a few hours before he was born, and he never made it completely facing down. They had to vacuum him out and there was no talk of a C-section... 

• I was induced at 39w2d because I was starting to show signs of pree, high blood pressure and some protein in my urine. Since I was so close to my due date they just induced. I ended up having a csection 36 hours after bring induced, including 2.5 hours of pushing because she was stuck. It may have been an eventful entrance to the world but she was, and still is, 100 percent healthy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • oh man. baby was 8 lbs 11 oz, she was more than healthy lol. i was induced for pre-eclampsia. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Sunny side up. They tried to roll him but had no luck. He never got far enough into the birth canal for them to even discuss vacuum
  • I had cholestasis so I was induced at 37 weeks. Baby was perfectly healthy.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I was induced both times, first because of pregnancy-induced hypertension, second because it was getting close to being hypertension and my doctor didn't want to risk it and it was already past my due date. Both my babies were and are healthy. The second was on the larger side (nearly nine pounds!) and she needed blood sugar monitoring to make sure she didn't have diabetes, but other than that no problems at all. And I had them both without a C-Section and was in labor for about 16 hours with my first and 6 hours with my second.
  • I was induced at 36w 5d for pre-eclampsia, gestational hypertension, and DS's heart rate dropped several times during long term monitoring.  He was born perfectly healthy, big for his gestation (6 lbs 6.8 oz, 19.5 in).  The only problem was his mouth wasn't mature enough to latch for breastfeeding, but he has had no problems taking a bottle since day 1.  I just needed a vacuum assist since I have a very low lying pelvis. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I was induced at 39 weeks and he has never had a health problem. Inducing is perfectly safe, if done at the appropriate time under doctor's recommendation.
  • I was induced at 40w2d due to low fluid. Baby is doing fantastic. 
  • Induced at 39 weeks due to GD.  12 hours later, and 13 minutes of pushing he was here and perfectly healthy. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was induced at 41 weeks becuase I was still not dialated and baby hadn't dropped yet.  Even with induction, I was only dialated to 2, enough to break my water and never went any further.  I never felt any of the contractions and they were big ones too, and he never dropped and descended.  I ended up with a c-section 24 hours after induction was started and had a very healthy baby girl.  However, she had difficulty latching on thus, we couldn't breast feed.  My friend tried to tell me it was because she was induced and delivered by c-section, however, I know there is no truth to that.  Turns out after lots of blood work, my body doesn't make oxytosin (the hormone responsible for causing labor).  She was never going to come the natural way and I will never have kids vaginally either.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • I was induced due to signs of preeclampsia high blood pressure and migraines with vision changes. I was 37w4days. LO was perfectly healthy at 6lb 10oz and 18in long. He latched perfectly and we've been bf with no problems whatsoever.

I was induced with cervadil and only needed it for 2 hr and went into active labor myself and it came out and baby was born about 6hr later, no pain meds and no more induction meds.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I was induced with my first and my last pregnancies at 41 weeks 3 days and 41 weeks
    Both of them are healthy and perfect. Neither induction had any interventions or complications.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    'Til He returns, or calls me home,
    Here in the power of Christ I stand.
  • Induced at 39 weeks because of high fluid.  He was perfectly fine and my induction was super easy and quick.  I had been having contractions for 7 weeks - I think my body just needed a little push.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Yes, my baby was born perfectly fine. I avoided induction for a month with daily NST and AFI tests, but in the end, we needed to get him out 5 days past due because of very, very low fluid. He was born alert, happy and healthy. 
    Sept 2013 started TTC#2 (never got PP period so hoping for the first egg to drop)
    Jan 2014 - diagnosed POF (Premature Ovarian Failure) and told pregnancy not possible without egg donor because my ovaries would never function again with my hormone levels (FSH 136, LH 98.6, AMH <.03, estradiol 0, HCG 7) - using acupuncture, chiropractic care and TCM herbs / supplements
    March 11, 2014 ovulated despite every doctors prognosis!!!
    Oct 2014 hormones (FSH 48, Estradiol 89, HCG 1) not good, but heckuva lot better!

Nov. 16, 2015 FET of single adopted 5AA embryo - BFN
    Read all about my TCC Journey here in my Blog Taking Back My Ovaries
  • I was induced at 40 weeks and she was born perfect. I was given Cervidil 3 times (over a 2 1/2 day period) and pitocin and never dilated, just had contractions. I wound up with a c-section. 
  • At 41.5 weeks pregnant my body had not started to show any signs of labor. I was induced. Even after being induced my body still never really labored. DD#1 never dropped and I never dilated past 2.5cm after almost 10 hours of labor. I ended up with an emergency C-section b/c of fetal distress. She was born a whopping 9lbs 12oz. She had to have some oxygen for just a few min b/c she inhaled meconium. Besides that she was and still is completely healthy!
  • MiahTMiahT member
    I was induced due to Pre-E, LO was born at 37 weeks 3 days.  He was mostly healthy, but had to be readmitted four days after his birth to sit under the bili-lites for 36 hours because his bilirubin levels were dangerously high.  My doctor said the prolonged labor due to being induced and LO getting stuck on my pelvis and not dropping all the way (40 hours), LO being born a few weeks early, and the bruising caused by needing forceps and then the vacuum to get him out contributed to the elevated bilirubin.  A weekend under the lights and several blood tests later and LO was right as rain.
  • Induced for pre-e at 1 week overdue. The whole process took only 15 hours and went very smoothly. she is perfectly healthy.
    party-fails-crunk-critters-catnips-a-hell-of-a-drug Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker (formerly TTGP poster abfromva)
  • I was induced for pre-e and IUGR.  DD had colic and reflux, but is otherwise perfectly healthy she's just small.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • I was induced for my ds birth.... he is a very healthy 11 year old
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • BPerBPer member

I was induced on my due date due to calcification of the placenta. Everything went well, but they did use the vacuum for my final push because her shoulders were lodged underneath my pelvic bone.

She had a perfect apgar, literally no jaundice, and is 100% healthy. 

• I was induced at 42 weeks for being overdue. Unrelated to the induction her cord broke during delivery but she is completely healthy. I was able to have the unmedicated other than induction meds tub birth that I wanted.
  • I was induced after my water broke at 39 weeks and contractions never strengthened. LO was born 5 hours after the induction started and was and still is perfectly healthy/
  • imageChristyML:

imageMrs&Dr2b:
    I had to be induced after my water broke but I didn't start contracting. (we waited over an hour and there was not a single contraction so they started the pitocin). I wound up with a C-section because he was facing the wrong way (up instead of down) and he was born completely healthy and still is thankfully.  I tell you all this because that is something to keep in mind,  if you are induced C-sections are more likely.

Do you mean he was breech or "sunny-side up"? My baby was sunny-side up until a few hours before he was born, and he never made it completely facing down. They had to vacuum him out and there was no talk of a C-section... 

i had a vacuum birth as well after my induction. We were induced due to lack of movement and an irregular nst. He was healthy. 

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• imageMrsDr2b:
    Sunny side up. They tried to roll him but had no luck. He never got far enough into the birth canal for them to even discuss vacuum

This for me too.

TTC #1 since 3/11

BFP #1 5/4/11 EDD 1/12/12 natural m/c 5/17/11

BFP #2 8/9/11 EDD 4/18/12 ectopic pregnancy (methotrexate) 8/24/11 ruptured tube and removal 8/29/11

BFP #3 3/9/12 EDD 11/19/12 Logan born 11/18/12

BFP #4 10/21/14 EDD 6/30/15

~*~*Everyone Welcome*~*~
  • imageChristyML:

imagecarrotsoup70:
    I had a RCS at 37w2d because my first pregnancy ended in stillbirth at 37w5d. He was and is healthy.

I'm so sorry for your loss. 

Thank you. One other thing...because we knew we were going to have a RCS early, I had the steroid shots to help with his lung development.

=BFP#1 11/2009, It's a boy! 3/2010, Our Angel Ian born sleeping 7/3/2010 (cord accident 37w5d); BFP#2 1/2011, mmc confirmed 2/24/2011, incomplete natural mc so had D&C 3/11/2011; BFP#3 6/19/2011, natural mc 6/21/2011; BFP#4 7/15/2011, no hb at 7w5d, D&C 9/7/2011; BFP#5 2/6/2012, baby boy born on 9/27/2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers imageimageimage
  • Induced 2 weeks early due to preeclampsia and there was a vacuum assist due to his heart rate dropping.  He didn't spontaneously breathe due to the cord being tightly wrapped around his neck but once he got going he was and still is absolutely fine. 

• I was semi-induced with my first after my water broke but I never started having contractions.  He had some breathing issues and a suspected infection (turns out he didn't really have one) so he spent 5 days in the NICU but is a very healthy little boy.

I was induced with my third child as well and he was born perfectly healthy.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• I was induced at 41w5d due to low fluid (my placenta was quitting; I scored a two). He was wonderfully healthy; 9 out of 10 on the Apgar and he was able to come right to my chest like I wanted.

• Induced, Emergency C Sec and even had to be put to sleep during. We were all healthy and happy thank God!

• I was semi-induced at 40 weeks 3 days. I went in to be induced for high blood pressure and was in labor (didn't know it, haha). I was given pitocin and they broke my water. I was only in labor (after they gave the pitocin) for 10 hours. He was and is still healthy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"