October 2013 Moms

11-13 week NT scan

Who is doing it? I think for me it is optional but because of the loss at 10 1/2 weeks, and current issues I will be doing it.

  
photo f5b87909-fb54-49d9-91f2-1c11ca11c6c6_zpsb539db06.jpgTHIS is my new solution to everything.

Re: 11-13 week NT scan

  • The doctor I am seeing here, says its optional. I have not talked to my doctor back in Texas. He has requested I see him Monday morning (I fly back tomorrow) so we can discuss the next steps. I never had it done with either of my sons. I am not sure I care to do it this time. Maybe after seeing what he says next week I will know what I want to do. If he recommends it, then I will go through with it. If he makes it optional, I won't.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker image
    DS#1: 19 May 2003 DS#2: 21 Sept 2007 BFP#1: 13 Aug 12 M/C: 15 Sept 12 BFP#2: 27 Jan 13 EDD: 4 OCT It's A GIRL!!!
  • I think I will be doing it. Just to be on the safe side after my losses.
    BFP 6/19/2012- Natural M/C 6/21/2012

    BFP 7/21/2012- Natural M/C 8/24/2012 @ 8w1d No HB

    BPF 1/24/2012- Stick, baby, stick!



    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers


    image

    BabyFruit Ticker
  • definitely doing it.  I see no issue with being prepared. 

    image
  • We did it with our first.  It was comforting.  I am older so my risk factor was high...but then after the test they said my risk factor was lowered.

    We will do it with #2.

  • AjoydAjoyd
    2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Third Anniversary
    member
    I am doing it. I would also like to be prepared plus it is my only option for seeing the baby before I am a lot further along.


    Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 since September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. DS born 10-16-13.
  • I'm not doing it, but only because insurance won't cover it.

    R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

    BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

    BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

    BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

    13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9



    My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart
    image
    image


    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

    [URL=http://www.makeagif.com/rXoLR9][IMG]http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/3-31-2014/rXoLR9.gif[/IMG][/URL]
  • Definitely doing it. We are planners.
  • We did it with DD and will be doing it again.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am doing it.

    My Happily Ever After <3
    image

    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not doing it.  My insurance does not cover it since it is an elective/option test.

    imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

  • I didn't have it done with dd bc i didn't want the added stress from worry and it wouldn't have changed any thing for us. I plan to have it done this time, i would want those extra months to prepare since i already have a toddler to care for.

    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Yes we are definitely doing it. Appt on the 3rd of April. I'm 27, so the doc said risks are low, but would rather know.
  • Insurance covers it so I am doing it. Had it with DS as well.

         image  image

       Lilypie - (HuyY)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

  • Doing it. My old doc didn't offer it and when I had my afp test, I came back super high risk for downs. Had I also had the NT they could have combined results and probably seen everything was likely fine. With only my horrible blood results to go off of my risk was one in 40, we opted to get the amnio so I could be prepared. I'd rather not get an amnio if I can avoid it this time.
    imageimage
     

    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I will not be doing it. It's not a definitive test and I wouldn't follow up with an aminio. I'm not high risk and wouldn't terminate.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • We did it the first time and will do it this time.  It's nice to see the baby and for us, it was a calming appointment because I'm AMA (even more so now) and our risk was lowered.

    We would never terminate, nor do invasive testing, but this is an easy one for us and our insurance covers it.

    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Emergency ileostomy 11/28/10, CF dx on 12/3/10 and ileostomy takedown 1/24/11, feeding tube placed 7/1/11...still going strong! Little one lost 5w5d, 5/27/2012. CP 8/26/2012
  • I have new insurance and I just emailed asking if it will be covered. I forgot about that lol.

      
    photo f5b87909-fb54-49d9-91f2-1c11ca11c6c6_zpsb539db06.jpgTHIS is my new solution to everything.
  • EmJ&amp;BEmJ&B
    2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its First Anniversary
    member
    No because it isnt covered.
    Daniel ~ October 21, 2013
    image


  • Not doing it. I can't go into labor because of some complications with my previous csec so they going to be doing a lot of growth monitoring at the end and no matter how many times I hear it's totally safe, I can't help feeling like less is probably best. Wow, that was quite the run on sentence! Lol... Just going for the 20 week and then nothing till the end!
  • image Nickisiebert:
    Not doing it. I can't go into labor because of some complications with my previous csec so they going to be doing a lot of growth monitoring at the end and no matter how many times I hear it's totally safe, I can't help feeling like less is probably best. Wow, that was quite the run on sentence! Lol... Just going for the 20 week and then nothing till the end!


    Haha! So this one time I'm Half asleep and thought we were talking about ultrasounds. Oh dear...so very very blonde...
  • I did it last time.  On one hand, I liked getting another look at her and was even told with 90% certainty that she was indeed a she.  On the other hand, I think it came back with some really small chance that something was wrong and I really didn't like hearing that.  It didn't change how I felt or make me want to continue testing.  In fact, it did the opposite.  I just put it out of my mind and kept thinking healthy thoughts.  In the end, I had a beautiful, healthy baby girl.

    I haven't decided if I want to do it this time.  Part of me says yes (since it's covered my insurance anyway), but part of me thinks I should just skip it since it won't change anything.





                                 August Siggy Challenge:                                        Our Family:
                                        Favorite E-cards                                         Texas Bluebonnets
           image image
                Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

  • image MrsWPT:
    We did it with DD and will be doing it again.

    same here

  • I'm not so sure.  We did it last time and we had to wait a few weeks for difinitive results because the test was slightly abnormal.  We'll probably do it again this time, even though it was a little stressful the last go round.  I guess I'd rather be informed than not and since my insurance will cover it, there's not a big reason for me not to.
  • Definitely doing it. I'd rather be prepared and know, also insurance covers it. 
    Oct 13 April Siggy: Bunnies
    The 33 Most Important Bunny GIFs On The Internet


    image

    DS born on 9/30/13 from IVF #1.2!
      Lilypie - (xNS5)
  • image shelley1002:
    Not doing it.  My insurance does not cover it since it is an elective/option test.

    This for me too. I would do it otherwise.  

    My food & craft blog: Fraises et Tartines

    image
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #2: 9/29/12; EDD 6/8/2013; m/c 10/5/2012

    BFP#3: 1/29/13; EDD 10/5/2013 - Baby Claire arrived 10/6/2013
  • This was our most fun u/s last time. I had spotting and a tough start to the pregnancy so this was a chance to just enjoy seeing our LO - who was doing squat jumps the whole time (totally in line with how she is now). We discussed what the results would mean for us and we decided we wanted to know of any risks. The honest truth is, there is a chance I would terminate if there was a very high risk that the baby would not survive.
         
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • image Nickisiebert:
    image Nickisiebert:
    Not doing it. I can't go into labor because of some complications with my previous csec so they going to be doing a lot of growth monitoring at the end and no matter how many times I hear it's totally safe, I can't help feeling like less is probably best. Wow, that was quite the run on sentence! Lol... Just going for the 20 week and then nothing till the end!
    Haha! So this one time I'm Half asleep and thought we were talking about ultrasounds. Oh dear...so very very blonde...

    The NT involves an u/s. It is used to check for certain genetic markers.

    We had it done with DS and will for this baby. I know there is a risk for increased worry, but I would rather have more time to be prepared/educated.


    My Heart!
    image

    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • We declined with DS and we declined this time around too.
     Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We did in '11 with our son and they just called to set it today for this time. I go April 5. I will be 11 wks. My ob thought it would be closer to 1213 weeks, but whatever! I love the doctor we see for that too.
    **Freddy** BabyFetus Ticker image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Definitely doing it. Mostly because I want to see the baby again. The appt is already set up and I go in a little over two weeks.


    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie - (g6UI)
    imageimageimage
Sign In or Register to comment.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards