April 2013 Moms

Baby K'Tan vs. Maya Wrap Ring Sling

Mobile Users: Baby K'Tan vs. Maya Wrap Ring Sling

Does anybody have experience with either of these? (Or both!) It's our last semi-big purchase we have left to make before the little one gets here and I can't decide which one seems like the best fit. I would like something that I can use around the house but then also for carrying our LO when we're out and about.

Any rec's are welcome!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Baby K'Tan vs. Maya Wrap Ring Sling

• I can't really give you a fair comparison because I haven't used the Maya wrap, but I really love our baby K'tan! I've been practicing with it with my friend's newborn (well she's two months old now) and I love how simple it is. No tying or wrapping or whatever, you just slip it on and stick the baby in. Baby is snug as a bug and I feel like she's so content in there! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Like the PP, can't compare as I don't know the Maya at all, but I LOVED my K'Tan!  DD practically lived in it as an infant.  So easy to use, she just slipped right in and is held nice and small & compact against my body.  Was the only place she was content for much of the first month or two.

The downside is that it fits the adult, so unless you & your SO are the same size, it will only fit you.  It was never a problem for us, I did all the babywearing when DD was an infant.  By the time I went back to work around 3 months, she was over the KTan and preferred to stretch out in the carseat/stroller & look out at the world.

• Loading the player...
  • imageBeautyfromAshes:
    I can't really give you a fair comparison because I haven't used the Maya wrap, but I really love our baby K'tan! I've been practicing with it with my friend's newborn (well she's two months old now) and I love how simple it is. No tying or wrapping or whatever, you just slip it on and stick the baby in. Baby is snug as a bug and I feel like she's so content in there! 

Have you noticed it stretching out at all? I've read that as a common complaint.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageGracious1014:

imageBeautyfromAshes:
    I can't really give you a fair comparison because I haven't used the Maya wrap, but I really love our baby K'tan! I've been practicing with it with my friend's newborn (well she's two months old now) and I love how simple it is. No tying or wrapping or whatever, you just slip it on and stick the baby in. Baby is snug as a bug and I feel like she's so content in there! 

Have you noticed it stretching out at all? I've read that as a common complaint.

Hmm, no, but I've only worn it with a real baby twice. I could see how that might be a problem down the road though. I guess we will have to wait and see! 

• imageGracious1014:

imageBeautyfromAshes:

I did notice a little stretching, but it works b/c your LO is getting bigger and needs the extra room too.  Plus, the heavier your LO gets, then I think its recommended you use that extra tie piece for additional support.  We pretty much stopped using the KTan around 4 months though, just b/c she was getting heavy in it for me and she preferred the stroller and looking out anyway.

• imageblueandgray:

Like the PP, can't compare as I don't know the Maya at all, but I LOVED my K'Tan!  DD practically lived in it as an infant.  So easy to use, she just slipped right in and is held nice and small & compact against my body.  Was the only place she was content for much of the first month or two.

The downside is that it fits the adult, so unless you & your SO are the same size, it will only fit you.  It was never a problem for us, I did all the babywearing when DD was an infant.  By the time I went back to work around 3 months, she was over the KTan and preferred to stretch out in the carseat/stroller & look out at the world.

That is one downside for us for the K'Tan since DH and I have a foot height difference between us, but realistically I'm not sure how much he'll be wearing her.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had a hard time positioning the baby in the K'Tan -- not sure if I had the wrong size or what.  How do you position them in the "hug" position so that the head is supported but the mouth/nose are clear of your body and fabric?  I'm probably an idiot, but I couldn't get that coordinated.  I plan to get the infant insert for the Ergo this time. 
  • My maya wrap was probably hands down the best purchase I ever made. I used it forever. I'd still wear DD is she would allow it.

Layne-May 6, 2013

Callie-February 14, 2011

• FTM here, I bought the KTan and I am super excited to try it. DH and I are about the same size although my massive boobs might make it a bit tight on me.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"