January 2013 Moms

time to panic...

I am scheduled to go back to work in 2 weeks and my sitter for DS just backed out! I have no clue of any child care providers in the area and never looked into it because this has been our plan from the time I got pregnant! This is seriously making me want to quit my job to stay home with LO but DH has NO benefits at his job! I am officially panicking now!
ETA and there are no licensed daycares in our town courtesy of being in a tiny community!
image image Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: time to panic...

• I have no suggestions : I am sorry though! My mil will be watching LO and I am going back mon thurs to give her Friday to herself she also watches my nephew and she doesn't have him that day. Yesterday she tells me she wants Tuesdays off too so she can volunteer with a friend. She waits until now!!! Thank goodness my aunt can watch dd for now in Tuesdays because no daycare will take an infant one day a week! Out of curiosity what reason did your sitter give you now to back out after all this time?

• Her husband's schedule changed so his days off are now Monday and Wednesday. They were Tuesday and Thursday. We only needed her to keep DS Mon, Wed, and Fri as DH only works part time...her husband vetoed it because he doesn't want his days off shanghaied.
  • You can use care.com to look up sitters, it is free just to run a search to see if there is anyone but you have to pay a fee to contact them.

Your state probably has a website listing licensed in homes.

Ask everyone you know. Put an sos out on FB and at church if you belong
  • image themrsbird:
    Her husband's schedule changed so his days off are now Monday and Wednesday. They were Tuesday and Thursday. We only needed her to keep DS Mon, Wed, and Fri as DH only works part time...her husband vetoed it because he doesn't want his days off shanghaied.

That is pretty crappy of him. 

Who watches your friends' kids...do they have any suggestions or can they offer any temporary help until you can find someone permanent?  

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

Anniversary

• Ugh, that is stressful.  I second the care.com suggestion, I've had friends use it for sitters and were really happy with it.  Hope something works out for you and soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • b0710b0710
    1000 Comments 250 Love Its Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    I don't have any helpful advice, just wanted to say that I sympathize :(  I think one of the most stressful things ever is worrying about childcare for your LO!  Best of luck!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • that sucks that they backed out so late in the game! our sitter backed out (because she was supposed to have room by the time he came & ended up not being the case) months ago, so i didn't end up going to work and will not until she really does have room. have you thought about getting an in home nanny for the time being to be there when you are at work until you can find a daycare? or just keeping a nanny?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Right now we're patchworking care together and I've got DS on some waiting lists...our original sitter will be keeping him Thurs Fri, my husband switched his Thurs off for Wed off, and my mom will keep him on Mon...until he's off the waiting lists.

Can I just say some of those waiting lists are RIDICULOUS! Sorry, but by January of next year he won't be an! 'infant' anymore...can I just put him on the waitlist for your 1 to 2 year room? And why would I PAY you to have his name put on a list?!?...seriously, one daycare has a nonrefundable fee of 100 to be put on the list!

Thanks for all the tips!