November 2012 Moms

as we start to think about solids...

mobile title: as we start to think about solids...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324662404578334423524696016.html?mod=dist_smartbrief 

This is in line with the research I did before starting foods with S. The ONLY reason we wait on nuts is because DH has a history of nut allergies and is still highly allergic to some. We got S tested (blood test) before we let her have the nuts he has allergies to, and will do the same with T. 

imageimage
AngelSmitty: This reminds me of something my college Human Sexuality professor used to say in class.  "Sex is between the legs.  Gender is between the ears."

Re: as we start to think about solids...

• This is a timely post for me. Because of H's allergies, I'm now terrified of solids and I don't think I ever want to start them. I haven't done any research yet though.

I was set on BLW but now I'm not sure. I mean, I can still let him feed himself. But feeding him what we're having will probably not be an option most of the time.

• I really don't know when I want to start them.  Evan is only 3 1/2 months, so he's not ready. I haven't decided if I want to give him cereal or just pass it.  I still have a lot of reading on the topic of solids. He's growing too fast!
  • I have a bad allergy to raw fruit so this is something I have been wondering about.  Really hoping that DD doesn't develop that allergy too.