Baby Names

WDYT - Polly

I heard this recently and thought it was adorable. But I quickly thought of Polly Pocket toys. Are those still popular? What does the board think of Polly? What could it be a NN for? All I can think of is Pauline.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: WDYT - Polly

• I'd prefer Molly. Polly sounds so... crafty.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • reminds me of the movie Pollyanna. It's kind of cute for a little girl but not for an adult.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it's cute!

Traditionally, Polly is a nn for Mary, but it could work for anything with strong P and L sounds. Pauline would work, as would Apollonia/Apolline. I even think it could work for Penelope. 

• I think it's really cute, but can't decide if it works on an adult or not... and that's why I do think it needs to be a nn for a longer name. Pollyanna comes to mind, and I don't mind that!

I do not think of Polly Pocket right away.  And funny thing is, my mom just got my DD a Polly Pocket collection for Christmas and we play with all the time.  They are not the same as when I was a kid, but, yep, they still exist.  :)   I don't think that matters at all, though!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think it's really cute.  I have a third cousin who is named Polly (she's in her 60's).
  • Polly is cute...almost too cute. Its one of those names that starts to sound weird to me after a while. Polly...polly....polly....poolleeye
  • I know a woman in real life who goes by Polly but is really Pauline. She's in her late 60s though so I don't know if that sways you one way or another.
  • Dislike.

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Don't like it.
    Birthday

• Love it!!
    "Bedo" - Apr. 16, '13

#2 - EDD Nov.
    15, '14
    **RATE A NAME HERE!**
  • EmJ&BEmJ&B member
    NMS
    Daniel ~ October 21, 2013

• I see how it borders on "cutesy." But I also think it is peppy...I dont know. I have known only one Polly my whole life, and she spelled it "Paulie," her name was Pauline. Pollyanna is too Disney for me. I doubt H would ever give approval so it will have to be a GP name for me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i think it is great for  a bird...

not a 30 year old

• It's my dog's name, as in St. Polly  ( Pauli) Girl beer. ;-)
  • I know the sweetest little old lady named Polly so I like it! I also like Molly and Holly! Holly being my favorite!
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• I want to like Polly, because I like Molly, but I just don't.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I like it. I work with a Polly and I don't think anyone ever says anything about Polly Pocket. People would get over that association fast I think.

Danica 10.22.10 | Milo 12.23.12

PicMonkey Collage3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"