November 2012 Moms

Wedding Wednesday: Favors

Wedding Wednesday: Favors

what did you give or make for favors for your guests?

Bonus..PIP (especially if you were creative) 

Re: Wedding Wednesday: Favors

My parents neighbor has olive trees and makes his own olive oil. So we did a bottle for each guest. It was a HUGE hit! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DH and I love gummy bears. There is a place in Indiana (Albanese Candy Factory) that has the best gummy bears in the world in every color and flavor. So we ordered 50lbs (I think) of gummies in our wedding colors, bagged them up in clear candy bags and tied a bow with ribbon that matched.

It was a hit and also kind of funny because everyone there knew how much we liked the gummies.

BFP #1- 11/7/10 ~EDD 7/20/11 ~M/C (bo) 12/6/10 @ 8wks ~Missing my Little Firework

BFP #2- 9/11/11 ~EDD 5/25/12 ~M/C (mmc10w)11/4/11 @ 11wks ~Missing my May Flower

BFP #3- 02/21/12 ~EDD 11/1/12  Audrey Lee Born 11/4/2012

BFP #4 ~EDD 6/20/14 stick baby stick!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Loading the player...
  • At the entry to the reception we had the organza favor bags filled with a mix of jelly beans, the special ones they only do at Easter. I think it was SweetTart, Hawaiian punch, and Lifesaver brands.

I had an unusually high amount of children at my wedding so they got their own special favors. The tables for the children were covered with white paper, and each place setting had a goodie bag of glitter pens, stickers, and other crafts to keep them entertained.

For the adults I gave out these D'lusso espresso sets.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageBabyMakes 3:

My parents neighbor has olive trees and makes his own olive oil. So we did a bottle for each guest. It was a HUGE hit! 

I love this idea!  Everyone can use olive oil. 

• image10Nessie:
    imageBabyMakes 3:

I love this idea!  Everyone can use olive oil. 

Thank you! It was a hit! And we bought little tags from the knot that had our names on them with our wedding date. 

• imageMandJS:
    imagepersephonerose:

At the entry to the reception we had the organza favor bags filled with a mix of jelly beans, the special ones they only do at Easter. I think it was SweetTart, Hawaiian punch, and Lifesaver brands.

I had an unusually high amount of children at my wedding so they got their own special favors. The tables for the children were covered with white paper, and each place setting had a goodie bag of glitter pens, stickers, and other crafts to keep them entertained.

O_O

Morbid curiousity here. How much did those cost, each?  

I think 10-12.00 each. But I had a small wedding. Only about 30 adults, and about 12 children from the ages of 2-13. 

• imageMandJS:
    imagepersephonerose:

At the entry to the reception we had the organza favor bags filled with a mix of jelly beans, the special ones they only do at Easter. I think it was SweetTart, Hawaiian punch, and Lifesaver brands.

O_O

I'm totally curious too!  I'm having 200 people, so my favor budget is like $2/person.  Hope they like Hershey bars with stickers.

• imageMandJS:
    imagepersephonerose:
    imageMandJS:
    imagepersephonerose:

O_O

I think 10-12.00 each. But I had a small wedding. Only about 30 adults, and about 12 children from the ages of 2-13. 

That's still... $300+ on favors? Yeeesh. I thought you've mentioned money is tight. So that must be a relatively new issue... 

That said. I'm totally jelly. I want one. 

Money is not really tight here. I am just cheap when it comes to spending on myself. I generally opt to put my spending money/gifts into my roth ira or savings. 

• I did homemade pinwheels. I used scrapbooking paper and pencils. I had a lot more kids than adults. Plus, my family is just a bunch if big kids. I also let them take the center pieces home. They were goldfish. The parents didn't find me all that amusing.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imageJKVogt:
    I did homemade pinwheels. I used scrapbooking paper and pencils. I had a lot more kids than adults. Plus, my family is just a bunch if big kids. I also let them take the center pieces home. They were goldfish. The parents didn't find me all that amusing.

So what you're saying is that I should have puppies as favors.  Just like Bridesmaids.

• imageBarooGirl:

DH and I love gummy bears. There is a place in Indiana (Albanese Candy Factory) that has the best gummy bears in the world in every color and flavor. So we ordered 50lbs (I think) of gummies in our wedding colors, bagged them up in clear candy bags and tied a bow with ribbon that matched.

It was a hit and also kind of funny because everyone there knew how much we liked the gummies.

OMG their Chocolate Covered Gummi Bears are AH-MAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We got married on Purdue's Campus and had the Boiler Maker Special to ride around campus in to take pics, so instead of handing out rice or bubbles when we left the ceremony we handed out train whistles. It was awesome. Here is a fun pic to enjoy :)

• imagekiraliz2:
    Nothing. I fed them, liquored them up, and provided a DJ for their entertainment. Wink

This. And instead of putting individually wrapped candy bags at every seat like evreyone does, I did a candy "serve yourself" bar and called it the flavored favor :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageMandJS:
    image143BabyCakes:

imagekiraliz2:
    Nothing. I fed them, liquored them up, and provided a DJ for their entertainment. Wink

This. And instead of putting individually wrapped candy bags at every seat like evreyone does, I did a candy "serve yourself" bar and called it the flavored favor :)

One of my BFFs had a serve yourself candy bar at her wedding and that was the favor. One of the best favors EVER, IMO. Smile

My FSIL did this at her wedding over the summer.  LOVED it.  Even if FI ate all of my candy.  The place we're having our reception includes a candy bar as part of the Viennese table.

• We did photo albums. The small-ish ones that has the 20 pages for single photos. We also had 5 centerpieces for each table grouped together so every couple could take one home.
  • imageLovinLife0710:
    imageBarooGirl:

DH and I love gummy bears. There is a place in Indiana (Albanese Candy Factory) that has the best gummy bears in the world in every color and flavor. So we ordered 50lbs (I think) of gummies in our wedding colors, bagged them up in clear candy bags and tied a bow with ribbon that matched.

OMG their Chocolate Covered Gummi Bears are AH-MAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We got married on Purdue's Campus and had the Boiler Maker Special to ride around campus in to take pics, so instead of handing out rice or bubbles when we left the ceremony we handed out train whistles. It was awesome. Here is a fun pic to enjoy :)

Yes, anything from there is amazing. It is crazy how much our family digs this place. We have a cousin that drives by frequently for his work and always stops to pick some up, then stops by our house on his way home.

And your wedding sounds awesome. I love the train whistle idea!

What years were you at Purdue? I was there '97 and '98 then switched to IUPUI in Indy.

BFP #1- 11/7/10 ~EDD 7/20/11 ~M/C (bo) 12/6/10 @ 8wks ~Missing my Little Firework

BFP #2- 9/11/11 ~EDD 5/25/12 ~M/C (mmc10w)11/4/11 @ 11wks ~Missing my May Flower

BFP #3- 02/21/12 ~EDD 11/1/12  Audrey Lee Born 11/4/2012

BFP #4 ~EDD 6/20/14 stick baby stick!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• kbl13kbl13 member

imagekiraliz2:

This. We decided to spend the favor $ on a well-stocked Open Bar and extra bartenders... no complaints from our (completely intoxicated) guests :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I knew the Albanese family at the time, so I ordered each of our guests a giant Turtle Big Smile
    Those who don't believe in love at first sight, have never given birth
    Big sister meeting little brother for the first time-
    <a href="http://s326.photobucket.com/albums/k409/YellowMiles/?action=view
  • I ordered little boxes of caramel filled chocolate squares for each table setting.  We had a small wedding and I'm cheap, so I didn't spend much.  They got a free dinner and drinks!
  • I had the seating cards on seashell clips. So those were the favors. I figured people could use them as a photo holder. They were about 1 a piece.
    Untitled Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We had a photobooth so we gave everyone a plastic bookmark sleeve so they could turn their photobooth strips into a bookmark to keep.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"