Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Where do you find what amount of baby food to start with?

DS is going to start solids today. I don't remember from when DD was a baby, how much do you offer at first? As much as they want or is there a chart somewhere? The pedi gave me a whole print out about starting solids, but it don't cover that and it didnt cur to me to ask when I was there. Jus wondered what amounts people are doing. Thanks!

Re: Where do you find what amount of baby food to start with?

• Options

Start with just 1-2 tbsp. Very very small bites at first to see if he's actually swallowing it. How old is he? If he's less than 6 mo. then definitely no more than 2 tbsp, once a day. Once he gets the hang of that after a few weeks, you can slowly start increasing the amounts and add another feeding when you notice his appetite increasing.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagemamaHippo23:

Start with just 1-2 tbsp. Very very small bites at first to see if he's actually swallowing it. How old is he? If he's less than 6 mo. then definitely no more than 2 tbsp, once a day. Once he gets the hang of that after a few weeks, you can slowly start increasing the amounts and add another feeding when you notice his appetite increasing.

Thanks! He is four months. He has been eating over 40 oz of formula a day pretty consistently, so the pedi told me it was time to try solids. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"