Success after IF

Clomid, ovidrel, no iui?

Let me start out by saying I have pcos and am currently on 1500mg of met.

So today I had a follow up with my RE and she wants to start me on clomid next cycle along with an ovidrel shot so naturally I've been doing lots of research. :)  All the posts I've seen talk about doing clomid+ovidrel+iui...anyone done the clomid and ovidrel but not the iui?

Me (Valine) - 29 PCOS/IR
DH (Isaac)- 28 All clear
Married 7/22/05
TTC since Sept '05
Metformin 1500mg
HSG 1/21/13 All clear!
3/13 - Clomid 50mg, days 5-9+ovidrel+TI = no response, induced AF
4/13 - Clomid 100mg, days 5-9+ovidrel+TI = 1 mature follicle - BFN
5/13 - Clomid 150mg, days 5-9+ovidrel+TI = no response, induced AF
7/13 - Clomid 200mg, days 5-9+ovidrel+TI = no response, induced AF
8/13 - Gonal F+Ganerelix+Ovidrel+TI+progesterone suppositories = BFN
RE break due to major health issues of my MIL
Began clean eating & TTC naturally for now

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Clomid, ovidrel, no iui?

• erkieerkie member
    We used clomid without ovidrel or IUI. Got pg on the 3rd cycle with 150 mgs of clomid.

ETA: good luck to you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi
    We got pregnant with twins on 100mg of clomid ovidrel and timed intercourse. We did an Iui our first treatment and I regret it bc dh doesn't have sperm issues. Our old RE was a complete idiot. Anyway our new RE was less apt to jump to do an Iui and wanted to see how we did just with TI. Ended up she was right. On our second month with her, we were successful. I believe clomid 37 and I gave the shot to myself on cd16. Best wishes to you!!
    TTC #1 Since January 2011 Dx: PCOS and Anovulatory April 2012 BFP! Beta 1 5/22 - 1,000+ Beta 2 5/24 - 3,009 1st u/s 6/5 - TWINS!!! A/S Reveals we are Team PURPLE!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image  12/27 - surprise BFP - due August 2014
  • Loading the player...
  • Oops meant to add I have lean pcos and don't ovulate as a result.
    TTC #1 Since January 2011 Dx: PCOS and Anovulatory April 2012 BFP! Beta 1 5/22 - 1,000+ Beta 2 5/24 - 3,009 1st u/s 6/5 - TWINS!!! A/S Reveals we are Team PURPLE!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image  12/27 - surprise BFP - due August 2014
  • Clomid did not work for me. GL!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageDucky719:
    I did, 3 times. Unfortunately, it was not successful for me. I hope it works for you!

Same here. Then we did several IUIs (2 or 3 with Clomid and another with Femara) that were unsuccessful. We got pregnant on our first IVF.

ETA: A friend who went to the same RE I started with did the same plan. She got pregnant the first time with just the Clomid, trigger, and TI. Second time she did Clomid, trigger, and IUI. She has 2 kids now.

• I did one clomid cycle without iui & had no success but given that I did not have success with iui's either, it was inevitable that we would end up with IVF.  It really depends on what issues you are dealing with.  GL!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I was ovulating (maybe) every three months and had 2 surgeries for advanced Endometriosis. I got pregnant on Clomid alone, on my first cycle. I sure hope it works for you!
  • This is how I got pregnant with this one!  I have pcos, I was on 2000 mg metformin.  I tried to get pregnant for many years before starting clomid but my first medicated cycle was clomid + ovidrel + progesterone and now I have a healthy (but breech) baby sticking her head in my ribs.  But totally worth it... good luck, it can happen for you :-)
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"