July 2013 Moms

How's the baby?

I love my mom but every time we talk she asks how the baby is. Normally I just say good but today I was feeling annoyed and said "I don't know, just swimming around in there"

My question for all you ladies is how do you answer that question? Just because I am carrying her doesn't mean I can read her baby mind. Am I being crazy for being annoyed by the question?

Sorry for any errors. Mobile bumping hates me.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: How's the baby?

• It is nice she cares.  I'd just answer and go about my business.  You might as well get use to things like this.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I get tired of people asking me how I'm doing, too.  I think it's hormones.  Yeh, I'm super and so is the baby.  Everyone is just great!  Feel huge, hip is killing me, can't sleep, hyperpigmentation is awesome....no one wants to hear that stuff though haha

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I hate being asked this question. I know people mean well but I always answer with good and I feel like they are looking for more of an answer.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • I know. It is really nice that she cares and this is her first grandbaby and she is really excited but I guess the problem I have is that I don't know how LO is doing in there so I don't know how to answer. I say good because I hope good is the answer but it always makes me wonder how she is really doing in there. The suggestion about the activity level is a good one, especially now that I am feeling more movement. 
  • You could reply with "still baking, I'll let you know in July", "I'm not sure about the baby, but I am doing great!" or some other smart comment. ;O) 
  • I keep getting asked "how are you feeling" by the same people everytime I see them, which is at least once a week. It's nice that they care, I just don't know how to respond. I doubt they would like it if I said 'I feel like if I sneeze one more time ill have to change my underwear again' or 'I feel like I have enough gas to fill a 757'.

• I usually answer with "Good, we are both doing good." Then I will say "I have been feeling a lot of movement lately", or talk about my next doctor appt. just so I don't feel weird when asked that!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagekristanoah:
    I keep getting asked "how are you feeling" by the same people everytime I see them, which is at least once a week. It's nice that they care, I just don't know how to respond. I doubt they would like it if I said 'I feel like if I sneeze one more time ill have to change my underwear again' or 'I feel like I have enough gas to fill a 757'.

Love it. I get that one too.
  • I also get that question and never know what to say. My mom asks me "how is she behaving?" umm... she's kicking me all day. I'm not sure what else I'm suppose to say. 

It's flippin annoying. 

Oct. 2012: Clomid + Ovidrel = Baby A born 07.17.13 at 38 wks! 
    TTC #2 since Jan. 2014
    BFP#1 02/26/14 CP 02/28/14
    BFP#2 03/23/14 Stick Baby Stick!
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • "Good, as far as we know".
    I hate this question, too, especially considering our history of loss. I always think people are expecting the worst.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• imageMrsErinH:
    I think it's nice that people care enough to ask.  And okay you are lucky and there is nothing wrong but there could be. 

This.

It doesn't bother me at all.    I have a coworker who comes in every day to ask how I am feeling (he knows how bad the morning sickness was/is).  And to see if I need anything.  It's really sweet!

When other people ask, I just say "as far as I know, the baby is good!"

TTC since Feb 2012. Me: 39, DH: 37
    BFP #1 5/27/12- m/c 7/9/12 @ 10w2d (cytotec induced @11w).
    Fibroids, Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism
    BFP #2 11/18/12  EDD 7/27/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Lol! I posted on this a little bit ago. I find it less irritating now that I feel kicks etc. then before. I usually answer "she's in my belly, probably." Because it's so weird the conversation is changed away from baby stuff unless it's my mom who is used to me being nuts. 

Thankfully no one asks me about my weight. I probably wouldn't mind that too much considering I've hit a wall and havent gained anything in my last 2 appointments. I would be like "I haven't been gaining enough actually, so give me your food nom, nom." Actually, I think that answer is appropriate in any situation. Or just "enough," I think I'm becoming a guy because I'm starting to believe that "yes, no, and enough" can answer any question. 

photo ttgl_zps49ec0de7.jpg
  • KTZ17KTZ17 member
    My MIL asks me this and it annoys me, too.  I can't see what's going on in there!  I would rather she ask how I am, since I am the one carrying her precious grandchild.  I'll try to take the advice of some PPs, too, and appreciate that she's taking an interest.  

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • RDK24RDK24 member

imageliz&chris1017:
    I love my mom but every time we talk she asks how the baby is. Normally I just say good but today I was feeling annoyed and said "I don't know, just swimming around in there" My question for all you ladies is how do you answer that question? Just because I am carrying her doesn't mean I can read her baby mind. Am I being crazy for being annoyed by the question? Sorry for any errors. Mobile bumping hates me.

I think your response today was perfect! And I'd love to borrow it.

• I love it! I'm using this line.
  • I love these replies they are nice snappy. Your could also say "wait one sec let me go ask her" if you're feeling especially annoyed.
    ShelliyeShell Los Angeles, CA
  • I always just respond w "growing"..... It seems like a pretty legit answer
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"