Preemies

Clenched fists

Hey ladies :)  DD is 6 months actual, 4 months adjusted.  She reaches/grabs/grasps/holds but still when not doing those things her fists are clenched (about 40% of the time).  At our last neonatal follow up, the Dr was not concerned (it was about 2-3 weeks ago) but said she would be if it was still the case at the next appt (in May).  The dr put her at the 5/6 month level at her last appointment...Thoughts/experience with this?  Thanks!!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
image image image

Re: Clenched fists

• My lo did that for a while. I'm not sure exactly when he stopped but I remember thinking that he was doing it longer then he should have. He's totally fine now. I wouldn't worry about it. Especially if the doctor isn't.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I would just keep encouraging opening and closing the hands.  DS loved to transfer linking rings around that age and chew on teethers (not teething yet, just liked things in his mouth).  60% of the time, she's not clenched, so that is the majority.  Smile
    Preemie Resources: http://preemiemomblog.blogspot.com/

DD1: BFP July 2010...HG in first tri, MC delivered vaginally at 18 weeks October 2010

DS: BFP December 2011...SCH at 5 weeks, SBR at 7 weeks, Placental Abruption at 13 weeks, Hospitalized at 25 weeks, pPROM at 28 weeks, PTL via CS at 31 weeks 

DD2: BFP January 2013...P17 shots, delivered via VBAC at 39 weeks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards