Pregnant after 35
Options

Amnio Results

I am anxiously waiting for my amnio results (full panel - got FISH results last week), and I'm starting to go crazy 7 days out.  I'm pretty sure my doctor said 10-14 days, and the receptionist basically scoffed when I asked her today if my results were in (I had to call for something else and just decided to ask "in case").  Anyway, I've been googling up a storm trying to figure out how long people wait for their results, but I wanted to get some fresh input.  How long did it take you to receive your full amnio results?  

Thanks for helping out a crazy over-35-er here. 

Re: Amnio Results

• Options
    I did amnio with my first a couple of years ago, and I think it took about a week for the results to come in.  I remember being so nervous waiting for that phone call.
    Son #1 is already 2! Not too much longer until Son No.2 arrives! Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    You're not crazy at all! I remember waiting very anxiously for my amnio results hoping each day the phone would ring with the results.  I had my amnio on a Tuesday and got results the following Friday (so 8 business days).  Hang in there and good luck!! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think mine took about a week.
  • Options
    I know its different, but when I had my CVS, they didn't get enough of a sample for FISH results and the cells were really slow growing so it took over 2 weeks. It was awful!
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks, all. My doctor called today and my heart was in my throat. Alas, they were only calling to schedule my fetal echocardiogram the reason I called yesterday in the first place. Sigh. I have a HUGE work thing on Thursday and this wait is really hampering my ability to concentrate on/prep for that. Maybe tomorrow...
  • Options
    My results took 2 weeks at least. I did have it done the week before Christmas which might have slowed them down a little. Good luck. I hope you get your results soon!

6 year old daughter

Fraternal boys born on May 11, 2013 at 36 weeks 4 days

• Options
    Thanks, girls! I called my Ob yesterday to ask then not to call me this morning even if they got the results I have a big thing for work that really requires 100 concentration starting in just under 3 hours, but who's counting : and they shocked me by telling me that the results had come in and they were normal. Woo hoo! So, 9 days total for me.
  • Options
    Great news! Glad you finally got your results and happy for you they came back normal!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I received final amnio results at 14 days and 3 hours. 

Waiting was hard especially, because my OB had told me that the results would only take 7 to 9 days.  

I just got busy with work and the days passed away.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"