April 2013 Moms
Options

Signs of labor

Maybe this doesn't exist, but I'm wondering if there are signs of impending labor OTHER than the big ones (water breaking, mucous plug, contractions)?  Like... tons of movement, nausea, sore nipples, etc...

Anybody have stories to share?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Signs of labor

• Options
    Weight gain stalling or weight loss and diarrhea/loose have been signs for myself and friends. 
    Isaac Levi 4/26/09 : BFP#2 - MC 9w : Ezra John 6/26/11 : Miriam Joy 4/12/13 : Naomi Ann 9/2/14

• Options

imagemirroredimage:
    I've heard from other moms on Jack's BMB that LO was really active, not active at all, that pets started acting differently the day they went into labor, they felt "off" or had more energy, etc. From what I've gathered if there are signs it's all very individualized and more of a hindsight is 20-20 thing.

Figures ;-)

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    FTM here, but i have heard of diarrhea being a symptom.  

BFP #1 4/10/12, lost at 8 weeks.
    BFP #2 EDD 4/18/13. Its a Boy!

• Options

imageMrs.Leah.Maria:
    Weight gain stalling or weight loss and diarrhea/loose have been signs for myself and friends. 

Was it a weight gain stall for like a week or more? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Adalyn 9/28/2010 & Peter 4/1/2013

• Options

imageMrs.Leah.Maria:

This is exactly what I've heard. Also an increase in discharge and a crazy nesting adrenaline rush.... although I feel like all I've been doing is nesting this whole time.

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options

I had been feeling totally normal (working from home all day) until about 4 or 5pm when I started noticing some irregular ctxns that lasted several hours & became more consistant & closer together.  By 9pm the ctxns were timeable at 5mins apart, but not really painful and I didn't have/notice any other 'signs'.  Shortly after that, stomach distress began (ie, the runs and nausea) and lots of cramping.  Once the tummy troubles started, I knew those ctxns were the real deal and it wasn't false labor.  We left for the hospital around 2am. 

My water never broke on its own, so for me the sign was the timeable ctxns that progressed.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    24 hours prior, DS really slowed down his moving.
  • Options
    It really depends on each individual, and hindsight is 20/20.  For me, I had timeable contractions that were less than 2 minutes apart the month before I actually went into labor.  I went to the hospital with false labor multiple times, and they monitored my contractions.  They were close enough together to warrant me going in, last for hours, got closer together, etc., but didn't dilate my cervix at all.  It wasn't until my water broke that I actually went into labor.  All of my other signs never got me for real labor.
  • Options

imagedrtarajp:

I had heard about this and it actually happened to me the night before I went into labor. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I lost my MP in the morning and just had a "sense" that it might come soon.  I had a serious nesting impulse to wrap up a bunch of stuff at work that day (fortunately).  My water broke that afternoon around 4 or 5 and I had some irregular cramping.  Admitted to L & D around midnight after confirmed my water broke and DS was born around 5 p.m.  I don't remember a change in movement level, but I do remember that I had been sleeping very poorly for days and then all of a sudden, the night before labor started, I actually got a full night of rest. 
  • Options
    imageMurraydog:

imagedrtarajp:

I had heard about this and it actually happened to me the night before I went into labor. 

This was me too. When I was in early labor I went to the bathroom about 15 times. Bonus: I didn't poop when I was pushing because my system was empty.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Diarrhea is a big sign...also for me, I was having severe lower back pain. (Tony was posterior, so I had wicked back labor and I'm sure that also had something to do with it!). The nesting urge definitely kicked in as well. I didn't have nausea or sore nipples or anything like that.
  • Options
    I had contractions that started weeks ahead of time.  The week or so before they were approximately 10 minutes apart.  They were not painful.  The day before they were approximately 4 to 5 minutes apart, maybe closer, but still not painful.  The day of they were 3 minutes apart all day, but they didn't start to get painful until my water broke on it's own.  They stayed 3 minutes apart throughout labor and pushing and DS was born 11 hours after my water broke.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"