Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Postpartum PUPPP

(PUPPP- Pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy) 

Is anyone else dealing with this? DD was born almost 4 weeks ago and I still have this awful rash. Its all over my abdomen and back and all down my legs. I saw the Dr for it and she gave me a prescription for hydrocortisone cream and told me to use Sarna. I've been using Gold Bond anti-itch lotion which has the same active ingredient as the Sarna plus menthol. It works wonders but the itching is driving me crazy! I woke up almost every hour last night super itchy. The rash isn't as visible anymore but the itching hasn't gotten any better and I think its spread to my upper arms a little bit too.

Does anyone have any other remedies? How long did it last for you?

Thanks! 

Re: Postpartum PUPPP

• Omg I feel your pain... I had puppp before delivery.. So bad they induced me for it and because baby was transverse. But only relief I got was grandpas pine tar soap. It's available at gnc... Smells funky but it gave me a few hours of relief. I took 3 to 4 showers a day with it. Lotion I found made me more itchy since it moistens your skin

Good luck I am so sorry your dealing with this!! But I swear the soap works!!

photo ecba2e48-bd74-4395-8ca1-47ae6b5df68a_zpsfd491ced.jpg photo 5d7e0910-4031-45ed-a61f-09e4245b7ac6_zps1b85690c.jpg photo 341b9e4e-8eea-4939-9d55-a1c1cf07a00c_zpsa176d7dc.jpg

photo 84a2920e-2954-4acf-9275-ad8708055b12_zpseb05b8cb.jpg

Me and DH - 26years old; IF DX: PCOS, Hypothyroid/Hashimotos(me)
    IVF #1 April 2012- 15 ER (4/13), 13 Fertilized, 1 transfered (4/16), 3 frozen
    Beta #1(4/28)-127 Beta #2(4/30)-301 Beta #3(5/7)-5570!!
    First ultrasound showed 1 strong little heart beat! (5/25) 7/16.. ITS A BOY!
    Brayden Nicholas Born Dec 29 2012 - 7 lbs 10 oz 20 in
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I thought it was PUPPPs but was told it could also be an allergic reaction to damn near anything even things I hadn't reacted to before because of the hormone imbalance and the mess BFing makes of your estrogen levels specifically. What I have sounds exactly like you though all over my stomach and legs. DON"T SCRATCH. It's so hard but its helping it heal faster. Also I'm using a hypoallergenic lotion 3 times a day, hydrocortisone cream, and I stop using soap on my stomach and legs just warm water. It's finally healing but SLOWLY. I'll be a month PP on Wednesday so almost 3 weeks with this crap.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Try aquaphor and hydrocortisone cream mixed half and half. I had a doc tell me that for eczema for ds then when I thought I was getting pupp she said it would work on it also.
  • Try Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap.  I have PUPPP when I was pregnant and it completely cleared it up in a week.  You can order it from Amazon.  It smells horrible but it totally worth it.
  • All of the above and take Benadryl in case it is an allergic reaction, or simply for the antihistamine. GL!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers