December 2010 Moms

Bf question

Hello! LO is 2 weeks old now. For about a week I've have a lump under my left underarm. It's tender to touch but not red or warm. I thought maybe it was a plugged duct and did warmth, and massage which didn't help. So I kinda forgot about it. But now a week later it is still there? Anyone had anything similar? I'm having no issues nursing and I've never gotten a plugged duct with my older daughter. Thanks!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Bf question

• If its been there for a week, it sounds like something you should get checked out. You definitely don't want it to turn into mastitis.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image missmuffin87:
    If its been there for a week, it sounds like something you should get checked out. You definitely don't want it to turn into mastitis.

Agreed! I had mastitis and it is HORRIBLE! I hope it goes away for you soon

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.
  • Agreed, get it checked out.  Is there a lactation consultant you can just call and see if they have any tips?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had it with Nate.  It wasn't a plugged duct, but an engorged duct since baby wasn't draining it.  Massage while feeding, and pumping after feeding and massaging, it took care of it.  I remember my LC saying it would dry up on it's own since it was unused.  I agree with pps though, you should have it checked out anyhow.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I have 1 in each armpit.  I have to squeeze the milk out of them because they get huge and painful.  I only had 1 with my first so this 2nd lump is fun.  I have no advice other than milk it.  Sorry!

Married 9/26/09 BFP #1 12/09 Blighted Ovum 12/23/09 D&C 1/10 BFP#2 5/1/10 DS born 12/18/10 38wks 10 lbs 1 oz BFP #3 6/25/12 EDD 3/5/13 RCS DS2 born 2-22-13 38wks 8 lbs 4 oz

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks everyone. I made an appt. for tomorrow. I emailed a LC from work and she said its prob. A plug but all the things I did didn't help resolve it. So ill see if the doctor has any ideas. I'm having no problems nursing on that side, it's just these annoying tender lumps.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I had this with DS and it was a benign cyst that went away on its own.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Something that helped me that wasn't mentioned yet is a lecithin supplement. I had mastitis twice with #1 and took lecithin with #2 to help prevent it. I pumped a lot and I think it was hard to properly drain. I forget the dosage... you can look it up on kellymom.com! GL!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers