3rd Trimester

Super uncomfortable!!!

So this past weekend was a rough one for me!  Not only am I having an extremely difficult time getting comfortable to go to sleep but I feel like I can't breathe :( let me explain both a little...... I just really need to vent lol!

Sleeping - I am only comfortable sleeping on my right side..... If I try my left I am facing my guy and can't breathe.  So to attempt to get comfortable i'm laying on my right side with a pillow under my belly and a pillow behind my back.  Problem with this is I wake up in the middle of the night with a really sore hip from all the pressure as well as a sore elbow (i'm assuming from it being squished up and bent under my head).  Not to mention the 500 times a night that I get up to use the bathroom :( I know this is something that we are all going through, i'm just not sure how much more I can take!

Breathing - So this is a somewhat new problem i've been having and honestly i'm not even sure it is "breathing" really??? So getting up to do anything.... Walkl to the bathroom, standing and opening a loaf of bread, walking from my car to the store etc...... I get this extremely uncomfortable feeling like I can't breathe?? Except it isn't only my breathing I can feel it in my legs, arms etc.  Like it is literaly taking me every ounce of my being just to accomplish these simple tasks?  Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks for listening!!!

Re: Super uncomfortable!!!

• I have a hard time sleeping, too.  I am a belly sleeper, and trying to sleep on my side is hard.  I have a couople of pillows, but I invariably end up on my back t some point, and wake up feeling like I am drowning.  It actually didn't happen Saturday night, nor did I get up tp pee 100 times, so I had a good night sleep for once, but normally, I have horrible nights.

I get exhausted climbing up and down the stairs.  I also have a hard time bending over to pick things up.  I dropped 2 paper clips in my office today, and they will stay on the floor unitl they are vacuumed up or I return from maternity leave, whichever comes first.

Son #1 is already 2! Not too much longer until Son No.2 arrives! Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Trying putting a pillow lengthwise underneath of you so it extends from under your ribs all the way down to your hips. The extra cushion under my hips seemed to help me! It has to be a somewhat "used" and flimsy pillow though so you're not awkwardly up high.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • jlpevjlpev
    1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 25 Love Its Name Dropper
    Definitely discuss this with your Dr. Maybe a chiropractor could help. I know the baby puts a lot of pressure with this but I chiropractor might really help BC it might be your back and not the babies position
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I feel your pain!  I've been making my husband massage me with one of those vibrating massagers (Homedic?) when I lay down to go to sleep - it really helps me a lot, but I still wake up in pain (and usually on my back unable to breathe).  I've also started taking Unisom because I wasn't sleeping at all (half a pill per night).  I hope you get some relief!
    photo Gif_Dazed_zps21f03f3f.jpg
  • image MT-Head:

I get exhausted climbing up and down the stairs.  I also have a hard time bending over to pick things up.  I dropped 2 paper clips in my office today, and they will stay on the floor unitl they are vacuumed up or I return from maternity leave, whichever comes first.

This made my day. I sucked up and bought slip on shoes and have been wearing them everyday for the last 2 wks. It was too much work trying to cram my tennis shoes on, even if I tried to pre-tie them. Yea, everything is slowly feeling like a sport for me to accomplish.

Liz BabyFruit Ticker image image
  • Something that worked immediately for me in terms of sleeping on a particular side was the use of a body pillow. At my appointment yesterday, my OB noted my LO was favoring my right side which was keeping him a little high, so to try sleeping exclusively on my left side. I explained to her that I always started on my left, but then had to flip every couple of hours because I'd wake up with extreme hip soreness. She recommended getting a body pillow, which does better than a throw or regular head pillow because it rins the entire length of your legs; they're also a lot fluffier, so they give you better spacing to keep your hips aligned. I got one yesterday and slept almost thorugh the night (I've been having to wake up every morning around 3-ish to empty the bladder anyway), waking up with NO hip pain at all.

And yes, I do understand every task feeling like a sport. I'm sure I've been aggravating DH any time we go shopping because I have to walk at a snail's pace to keep me from getting tuckered out.