October 2012 Moms

How long does your baby sleep at night total

Mobile: How long does your baby sleep at night total

This is not a is-your-baby-STTTN post. Mine isn't and I don't care if yours is, haha.

My LO goes down for the night around 8:30. Sometimes as early as 8 and sometimes as late as 9:30. I wake her up to feed her before work at 6:30 and she's up for the day. This will change tomorrow when DH goes back to work and I have to start waking her up earlier.

Between this schedule and 1 or 2 motn feedings (including time to feed her and get her back down), she's sleeping between 7.5 to 8 hours at night. That doesn't seem like much to me. Shouldn't babies be getting more sleep than that at night?? Especially now that she isn't napping as long during the day?

I'm tired because I can't go to bed at 8:00 and it takes me longer to fall asleep after the motn feedings. I'm just wondering if this is normal. I need some sleep!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic  Displaying photo.JPG Displaying photo.JPG
                                                   TTC since Feb 2010
                          BFP #1- 7.03.10 Missed MC, d&c 8.9.10 (10 wks)
                          BFP #2- 12.16.10 Natural MC 12.25.10 (6 wks)
                          BFP #3- 2.19.12 Welcome baby girl! (Oct 26, 2012)
                          BFP #4- 1.11.14  Due in September- 2 under 2
            Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How long does your baby sleep at night total

• My LO has typically been sleeping from 9-1 and then 2-6, so that is about 8 hours. Sometimes he goes back to sleep after eating at 6am.

• My LO is usually in bed anywhere between 7:30 and 8. She typically wakes up for one MOTN feeding (with the exception of the last few weeks due to swaddle weaning and the four month wakeful) and will wake up for the day between 6:30 and 7. I would say she gets anywhere from 10 to 11 hours of sleep. I'm not sure if this enough because she is a terrible napper. She will take 2 40 minute naps if I'm lucky. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 11 hours seems to be her norm. 7 PM - 6 AM or so. She wakes up a lot, lol. See Ferber thread below.
    DD 9/15/12
  • We are about the same. Down btwn 830 and 930. Up once or twice in the motn and up for "good" any where btwn 630 and 730 but back to sleep in the car to dc. Motn feedings ate no more than 30 mins each so maybe an hour total. Usually a total of 8 to 9 hours at night. One solid 1.5 or 2 hr nap at dc and two to four 20 to 45 min naps throughout the day.
  • G goes to bed by 9 and is up around 8 with 1 motn feed. Total hours of sleep: 10
    He has 3 to 4 catnaps of 45 min each during the day.
  • DS is usually asleep by 8:30p the latest.  Normally up 2x/night but he's half asleep while nursing and usually goes right back to sleep when we put him back in the crib.  His wake up time range anywhere from 6:45a to 8am.  After we put up black-out curtain panels last week, he is getting up closer to 8a instead of 7am.  So he gets about 10-11 hours of sleep at night.

Daytime is tough.  He was down to 20-min naps for 2 weeks, but the last few days he's able to sleep for 45 minutes in the crib or PnP.  He can sleep 2-3 hours if he's on me or in his car seat.  He took 4 45-min naps today. I try to make sure he gets at least 14 hours of sleep in a 24-hr period. 

TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
  • 12 hours or so, I think. He goes down at 6:30 PM and sleeps until around 7:30 AM. He wakes up around 2-3x per night to eat (usually 20-30 minutes per feeding). 
  • My LO usually goes down between 8 and 9, gets up twice usually, then up for the day between 5 and 6. So I think she usually gets like 8 or 9 hours. She's a pretty good Napper though, so I'm guessing that's why she doesn't get a lot of sleep at night. I asked the pedi ans he said between 8 and 12 is normal.
  • 7 to 7 give or take a half hour and depending on how much he tried to party during the night
    Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (K0aj)
    imageimageimage

• We have never STTN. We are up 3 to 4 times to eat, but we are both more or less asleep then anyways, no more than 10 minutes of nursing than easily back to sleep. I am usually getting her down to sleep between 7 & 7:30pm, and she's up for the day (besides naps and all) between 6:30 and 7am. So night time averages at least 11 hours a night, sometimes closer to 12.

• 8ish to bed up at 7ish up an hour in motn so 10. He is being wakeful so it is more now. However tomorrow he will be 5 month so wakeful will be over right right.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • image BrooketheCat:
    We have never STTN. We are up 3 to 4 times to eat, but we are both more or less asleep then anyways, no more than 10 minutes of nursing than easily back to sleep. I am usually getting her down to sleep between 7 7:30pm, and she's up for the day besides naps and all between 6:30 and 7am. So night time averages at least 11 hours a night, sometimes closer to 12.

This except she never goes down before 8, usually later. We have 3 wakes a night on average, sometimes 4. She's usually up for the day just before 6.30 but if I'm lucky she'll sleep until 7.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    N~May 2004     C~Oct 2012

It's the internet. Like you don't own shit. Even Al Gore doesn't say shit like that and he invented the internet. ~~Mbenit4
  • image BrooketheCat:
    We have never STTN. We are up 3 to 4 times to eat, but we are both more or less asleep then anyways, no more than 10 minutes of nursing than easily back to sleep. I am usually getting her down to sleep between 7 amp; 7:30pm, and she's up for the day besides naps and all between 6:30 and 7am. So night time averages at least 11 hours a night, sometimes closer to 12.

This except lately he's been pretty good about sleeping between 7 and midnight. Then up every few hours between midnight and 6:30. I'm trying to let him fuss or cry a bit to see if he'll go back to sleep and only feed him once or twice. He is taking a lot more in during the day now. With wake ups I think he gets 10 to 10.5.
  • Between 10 and 11 hours here. However LO is starting daycare tomorrow so that may change. She was getting up at 9 everyday but our new routine will be 5am. She should adjust....I hope.

IMG_3373
  • Typically I put him in his crib at 8. He is asleep by 8:30. He wakes up about 2 or 3 to eat and goes right back down. He wakes up again around 7 for the day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We put him down around 6:30-7:00pm.  If he wakes up at all, it is around 5am for a bottle and a diaper and then he's back to sleep until 7:00am.  So...he's sleeping 11-12 hour per night.
    image image image

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • bedtime is 8 but he often crashes a little before. He usually sleeps until about 7 with one feeding between 4-5AM. Though he's been WAY more fussy the last few days

he's not a napper, he takes about 3 30 min catnaps during the day 

• She usually goes down around 11:30-12:00 and I usually wake her around 6:30 before I go to work and then she sleeps till 9:30 or 10:30.  She usually gets about 9.5 to 10.5.  On Saturdays she will usually not do the 6:30 or it will be around 8.
  • 9-11 hours depending on the night.
    MurphyBearsMom Blog
    Born: October 9th, 2012
    Baby Girl, Audrey Elena

• 11-12 hours at night.  down at 7 (dream feed about 1030ish) wakes about 645-7.  i am aware i have yet again been blessed with a sleeper