Baby Showers
Options

Offered a Shower and Declined...

and now I feel like an a-hole. I called my grandpa today and his new wife answered (my Grandma passed away about 9 years ago and he remarried a little over a year ago now) so we chatted for a bit. She asked how the pregnancy was going then asked about throwing a shower. I respectfully declined as we have two children already that are 3 and almost 2 and saved EVERYTHING from them. We knew we wanted more children and that was a huge reason why we held onto it all.

I told her thanks but I wouldn't even know what to register for since really the only thing we'll need is diapers and we've been stock piling them since we found out about the pregnancy. I already got the car seats and rock n plays that I wanted and my MIL said that she would get the cribs as a Christmas present (early of course) but we plan on rooming in for the first few months. We have a crap load of clothes for both a boy and girl so that leaves us... diapers. I don't know why I feel so bad about this. Anyone been in a similar situation? What did you end up doing? 

Re: Offered a Shower and Declined...

• Options
    Don't feel like an a-hole.  Just drop it and move on.  You did the right thing!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    You did the right thing. A shower for baby #3 & 4 is too much.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How about you suggest to her that she can throw a meet the baby or similar type party. Just specify no gifts. She wants to please you and feel like she is taking part in your lives. Let her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image.
  • Options
    It doesn't sound like you were rude and you're more than justified in declining a shower for your 3rd and 4th children. Let it go.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    EmJ&BEmJ&B member

image526SadieSadie:
    It doesn't sound like you were rude and you're more than justified in declining a shower for your 3rd and 4th children. Let it go.

This!

Daniel ~ October 21, 2013

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"