Success after IF

wedding rings

I had to take my rings off in the third trimester and still can't get them back on. Some of my friends say it will take more time, but I think it is time to get them resized. If you had to remove them, when could you get them back on? If you are on mobile, 6 months post partum

ttc since 05/2010 with PCOS and MFI
2 IUI's = BFN
IVF with ICSI, ER 11/28/2011 ET 12/03/2011 1 blast transferred
4 snowbabies
BFP! EDD 08/20/2012
Everyone Welcome
baby girl joined us 8/23/2012
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: wedding rings

• I wouldn't resize them just yet, I was at the point that you are at & thankfully was talked out of resizing & I am finally back to normal & my ring fits perfectly.  I am sure you will hear conflicting stories but once you resize them you compromise the integrity of the ring so you want to be pretty sure things are not going to change again before you resize.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It took me about 6 months postpartum to get my rings back on and even then it wasn't easy. I don't t know about you but prior to pregnancy my rings were already pretty snug and my finger got a nice little "indentation" in it. When I removed my rings I lost that "indentation", thus extra fitting room. I pretty much just shoved them on when I thought they were close to fitting. Everything is ok now but I still feel they are a little snug at times. I agree with pp, dont resize unless you are sure.
    Also just FYI at 6 months postpartum I was pretty much back down to prepreg weight and my rings were still tight.
    image DS 7.6.2011 TTC#2
  • I'm no help.  Mine fit after 2-3w. However, mine have always been a tiny bit loose and slide around on my finger. 

How close are you to your Pre-preg weight? How close are your rings to fitting?  

TTC Since 3/2010
    Me-34, Unexplained Infertility, DH-33, all clear
    Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
    Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
    IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
    ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
    ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
    Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!

Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Anatomy Scan at 19w looks great!
    Team Green!!

Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!
  • Since they say "nine months on and nine months off", I would wait another 3 to 4 months before you get them sized.

Mine fit about 2 months post partum.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    TTC#2 - 
    Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo

TTC # 3 June 2014
  • I am six months and my rings don't fit. I think that they never will, but I'm going to wait until I have another one if we get so lucky. I just bought a cheapy diamonique from QVC.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • I was able to put my wedding band back on as soon as I got home from the hospital. I was able to add my engagement ring a day or two later.

TTC#1: 4/2010 - Me: 31 DH: 31 – unexplained
    9 medicated/monitored cycles = BFN | IVF 1.2 = BFP!!
    Beta#1: 162 | Beta#2: 535 | Beta#3: 2,445 | Beta#4: >9,000!

Sophie Joy was born 2/10/2013

TTC#2: 2/2014 - pre-testing completed to prepare for FET#1. Surprise BFP the cycle before FET!!
    Beta#1: 301 | Beta#2: 612 | Beta#3: 3,200 | Beta#4: >11,000!

Praying for my sister, RunCC37, to have her own miracle!

• I'm no help, somehow my rings fit my entire pregnancy and when I got home from the hospital. If it makes you feel better though, my prepregnancy pants still aren't close to fitting 7 months PP.
    I agree though, I would give it longer. They never seem the same after resizing.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

imageimageimage
  • I had to take mine off in late 3rd tri and just got them back on a month or so ago. It's not easy though. I have to reeeeeeaaaaaallllllly push :) And sometimes they feel tight and I have to take them off because they hurt. 

You're not alone :)  

TTC#1 since oct 2009, DOR
    IUI #1-3 (jan-mar 2011), all BFN 
    IVF #1 oct 2011, BFN      
    IVF #2: dec 2011, BFFN
    FET #1: feb 8, 2012, BFP!!!  chibaby born october 29, 2012!

TTC #2
    FET #2  sept 5, 2013-BFFN
    new RE
    IVF #3    feb 2014-BFFN again...
    Headed to CCRM 
    IVF #4 oct 2014 

• I think mine were 7-8 weeks. I could get one on at a time at first. Now they are back to normal, but it was a really slow process. I also had hand pain that lingered for a few months and I couldn't wear my shoes for months either, but now I can. 

Sometimes inflammation is really slow to go down, it's a tough call. I'm sorry you're dealing with this. I guess it's an unfortunate side effect of growing another person. It's no fun.

After a loss and 4 IUIs, a surprise BFP while on rest cycle due to cysts and "supercharged ovaries" brought us baby M.

• I say get them sized. Some women's hands change size, just like their feet can during pregnancy.
    *Bumping since 2007*
    had to change my sn :) TTC # 1 since Jan 06
    Miracle Baby #1 - March 2012
    Miracle Baby #2 - June 2013
  • Mine fit now but are pretty snug still.  I only wear them if I go out somewhere.  Most of the time I don't wear them.

TTC #1
    IVF w/ICSI #1 March 2012 - DD born January 2013

TTC #2
    FET #1 January 2014 - Loss at 9w5d
    FET #2 July 2014 - BFN

No snow babies left.  We are officially one and done. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards