3rd Trimester
Options

vomiting today

So I guess I have a bug of some sort (hopefully it's only a 24 hour thing) and I have vomited 3 times today. I'm worried that it's hurting LO. Is she getting all the nutrients she needs? If I'm not better in the morning I'll be calling my doctor.

Pregnancy Ticker BabyName Ticker

Re: vomiting today

• Options
    Yes baby is fine. Placenta is still providing nutrients and you have a reserve. Don't worry about the baby.

I threw up for 14 hours a few months ago and didn't eat for a day and he's just peachy.
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I also threw up today and seem to have a touch of the flu. Food doesn't sit well with me but I have been drinking lots of water and peppermint tea to stay hydrated. Baby is fine without food for a day but the water is really a must, if you can't keep water down by tomorrow for sure go to the doc so you don't get dehydrated.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just keep hydrated, eat things you are able. Your body will take what it needs for baby, food or not.
    imageVincent Julian born on March 27th, 2013 DX with Down Syndrome image
    baby
      BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Baby is fine! I have thrown up pretty much my whole pregnancy!  This one and the last!  I bet both my boys love roller coasters when they get older- but everything is fine! Feel better
  • Options
    Baby is fine. Try to stay hydrated is all. I had the stomach flu a few weeks ago and purged everything in my system several times over the course of 12 hours. I was weak the next day but did recover. 
  • Options
    layuhlayuh member

I do feel much better today. I stayed home from work to rest but I have kept all my food down Wink

Thanks everyone!

Pregnancy Ticker BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"