February 2013 Moms

Harper is here!

Hey ladies!

I'm currently sitting in my hospital room, post delivery, trying to work up the courage to go pee. Harper is actually in the nicu for the night, for low apgar because she wasn't breathing very well after delivery and she has some kind of infection. She is now getting antibiotics.

We came in to the hospital the morning of the 28th for induction. They hooked me up to the pitocin at about 8 or so, and checked me a little later, saying I was only at a 23. It took a long time for my cramping to get anywhere. By 11 they checked me and I was no more dilated, but had effaced more.

My pain was getting bad by 12 so I asked for something. I got some morphine. I got in the shower at 12:30. The morphine made me really tired. I was surprised I was not sick from it. I stayed in the shower for a little over an hour.

The nurse who covered for my normal nurse was quite something. I was getting DH I spray my lower back with hot hot hot water, it couldn't even get hot enough for me. Anyway, my skin turned red obviously. She came in and was like "you're burning her!" I tried to tell her that it was fine, but she kept insisting that he was burning me and was going to write up an incident report on us. She also kept demanding that I stand up so she could fix my monitor. I couldn't stand if I tried half the time, so I just kinda ignored her until I could, and then helped her fix the monitors. I wanted the epi but I wanted to wait till she left, because she was not a nice lady. Big mistake.

I said to DH while in the shower, "I'm gonna pee a little" and thought I did. Apparently it was my water. After that the contractions got way stronger and I felt like I needed to push. I pushed out a few globs of blood or something, and made my way back to the bed.

They checked me and said they were gonna break my water. At 1:45 I was at 9 cm and they couldn't find my membranes. I kept feeling the need to push. I said I wanted the epi. They tried to convince me otherwise but I wanted it. But they said I needed to sit still for 15 minutes and I couldn't. I had to push.

So they called the anesthetist and he came in but we could already see the head. I got fentanyl for pain relief and it worked great. I pushed for 2 hours or so, and they said she was sunny side up. They had me control my pushes, and she turned on her own on the way out.

She wasn't breathing so well, so I didn't get my delayed cord clamping, but DH cut the cord. He actually did awesome the whole time. Held my leg, and watched her come out. We all thought he might be a fainter. He proved us all wrong. After they took her to the nicu he got a little faint but he hasn't eaten all day so that's totally understandable.

She breathed ok after a little help and had a massive poop before they weighed her, and we got a bit of skin to skin before they took her.

She weighed in at 6 lb 7 oz. I have no idea how long she is, I haven't had much time with her yet. She isn't feeding well, she has no interest in sucking. I had to give her some formula to keep her sugar up. The nurse came and got her at 10 or so this evening and said she has an infection and needs to have IV antibiotics. I'm not sure really what's going on. I'm just gonna play it by ear I guess.

I'm recovering well, I had a lot of bleeding at first but it's better now. I had a couple 2 degree tears and it hurt worse than anything to have them repaired. They gave me laughing gas and fentanyl and froze it and it was ok after that.

I'm just trying to get my pee out without it killing me. I know I need to but it's really painful!

That's about it so far, I will post a picture of her when we get home, I don't know if I can do it from the iPhone or iPad. She is so beautiful! I can't wait to actually get some time with her!

Thanks for all of your encouragement these past 9 months ladies!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Harper is here!

• Lurking here. Congrats on your baby. And although it hurts to go to the bathroom, you wont be going nearly as much now that she is out. And try to keep ice down there for as long as you can. It really helps. Hopefully you will get a little bit of sleep without worrying to much. Good luck. Cant wait to see pics.
  • Loading the player...
  • Aw, congratulations!!  Hope she gets to join you soon.  Use your peri bottle to squirt water down there while you pee.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Congratulations on your baby... hope she's in your arms soon, happy and healthy!

• Aww, congrats! I am so glad your induction was successful - and I hope your LO gets better soon! I know you are anxious to get back home Smile
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Congrats! And I completely understand your fear of peeing, my peri bottle and pain spray were my best friends for at least a week afterwards!
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Congrats! And prayers for baby Harper. I understand your fear of peeing maybe try asking your nurse to catheter you a couple times before you go on your own? My nurse was awesome and did that for me and then when I was ready she took me and helped me potty on my own.
  • I've been following your story and was so excited to see your post this morning!!  Congratulations!! I love her name...Best wishes.
    ivy zofia born 02/20/09, eden fiona born 11/12/12, baby boy due 12/28/13!! Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Congratulations!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats on your sweet girl!  I hope you guys have a fast recovery.  Sorry that nurse completely sucked.  Please update us on how she's doing when you can! 

DD: 6/30/09. Mild pre-e DS: 9/5/10. Normal pregnancy Diagnosed 6/4/12 with dermatomyositis. Currently on Prednisone and IVIG therapy. 9/11/12: Normal a/s for DS2. No side effects from my medication, yay! DS2: 1/28/13. Thankful for healthy children! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Congrats on your baby girl!! I hope she joins you very soon! I ended up C section and waiting for them to bring my little guy to the recovery room sucked. He's made up for it though, he's attached 24/7 now.

I like cookies.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congratulations! I am so happy you stayed a Feb Mommy!
                    Our Blessing From God Through Adoption
                   Our Blessing After TTC for 6 Years (natural birth!)
                             EBFing, CDing, BWing, SAHM
  • Wow lady, what a birth story!  I'm so happy your LO finally came.  I hope your recovery goes well and LO feels better soon  

• Congrats! Definitely use the squirt bottle.. I was also scared to pee.  I filled that bottle with warm water and sprayed it the entire time I peed for the first few days, even though the nurse told me to spray then pee, spray then pee. Nope! I sprayed while peeing.  Definitely use it! I hope your LO is doing well!
    image BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"