July 2013 Moms

A/s question

Have my a/s tomorrow and I have a question do they do it vaginally? Or outside the stomach?

This is going to sound horrible but I'm really tired and need to know how much I need to "groom" tomorrow morning..I sound so lazy right now but just don't care!! Thanks in advance ladies! Lol

Re: A/s question

• It should just be your stomach. I did have a short transvaginal u/s at my a/s to check my cervix, but I don't think that's typical.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Mine was just stomach too.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Stomach!

image image

BFP: 12/01/2012      EDD: 07/26/2013    Birthday: 07/25/2013 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine is tomorrow too and I know I will be getting a short transvaginal also to check my cervix but I am considered high risk. It is not typical

• Lol this is funny because I had the same thoughts before my last appt. I so understand.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Mine is tomorrow too! yay!   At my NT scan they did a quick internal just to check my cervix and everything was fine, so I'm really not sure if they will do that again or not.  

I can't help, but I hope you have a good scan tomorrow!

DS born 7/25/13 - 9lbs 15oz and 20"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Mine was only abdominal too!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • It's abdominal, the Transvag ones are only needed very early when your baby is still hard to find in there.

But even if they were looking at your vag, you do not need to groom your vag for a medical professional. Wash it, yes. But OBs and Drs and the like are not going to have an anyeurism at the site of a hairy vag. That's its natural state! I would be more weirded out looking at ones that are shaved or trimmed or waxed etc because it immediately makes me think of them having sex.

Pubic hair is not the end of the world. Honestly.
  • image pepomntpat:
    It should just be your stomach. I did have a short transvaginal u/s at my a/s to check my cervix, but I don't think that's typical.

Mine was abdominal and they were able to check my cervix from that. Maybe the perinatalogist's office has better equipment?

Lilypie - (JeKz)
    J13 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing About Back To School
     Mr Sketch Smelly Markers    

Me:27 DH:39
    April 2012 DX: PCOS
    BFP 11/12/2012 EDD 07/21/2013 DS 07/23/2013
    Hoping for a little brother or sister since May 2014

• image somerandomchick:
    It's abdominal, the Transvag ones are only needed very early when your baby is still hard to find in there.

But even if they were looking at your vag, you do not need to groom your vag for a medical professional. Wash it, yes. But OBs and Drs and the like are not going to have an anyeurism at the site of a hairy vag. That's its natural state! I would be more weirded out looking at ones that are shaved or trimmed or waxed etc because it immediately makes me think of them having sex.

True! I'm sure they've seen some interestingly hairy or unkept vags.

I actually had an abdominal US for my dating scan at 9 weeks. Usually the transvag ones last through the 1stsame tri when baby is still tiny.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image somerandomchick:
    It's abdominal, the Transvag ones are only needed very early when your baby is still hard to find in there.

I wouldn't be trimming for the dr, I'd be grooming for myself because I would feel more comfortable. I couldnt care less about what they would think of me.