January 2013 Moms

I have exactly 0 pairs of pants that fit.

What a depressing feeling. I just tried on a pair of jeans and I coulde get them on, but I could barely get them buttoned and I have a SERIOUS muffin top. yuck. I know I'm only 8 weeks PP, but WTF. I've been working out and sweating my assss off almost daily and it sucks to know that I still have nothing but yoga pants to put on my asss.

Maybe I need some wine to go with my whine. It certainly won't help the issue...but it might make it not bother me so much! LOL.

Whine over.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I have exactly 0 pairs of pants that fit.

• You're doing better than I am. I wont even attempt to try my stuff on for at least 2 more months. I can't even wear my rings.

I went to a thrift shop and bought "fat clothes" so I could get out of maternity and sweat pants.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I attempted to put on a regular pair of jeans last week. What a joke. Couldn't even get them past my thighs. I totally sympathize!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have been wearing sweat pants every day to every occasion! I feel your pain.
  • I got my 28s on but couldn't get them even partially zipped. I think I should just throw away the 26s do I don't torture myself. I'll never be my prior size again.

• I am definitely in the same boat. I can't handle sweats anymore though. I am heading to Target after I pick my son up from school to at least buy a couple pairs of fat pants. I can get my jeans up but there is about an inch and a half gap preventing me from actually buttoning them. I keep hearing too that BFing changes your proportions so even if I get to goal, I am not sure if my old pants will fit.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ugh, frustrating!  Go treat yourself to a pair of pants that fit and make you feel good!  That way you'll have something you feel good in during this transition period.
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • My maternity pants are too big and my regular pants are too small.

I'm seriously contemplating smaller maternity pants.
  • Thanks for the support, girls. I really was trying to avoid buying any "fat" jeans, but I think I might need to bite the bullet on this one.
  • image stardust317:
    My maternity pants are too big and my regular pants are too small. I'm seriously contemplating smaller maternity pants.

Haha..right? Maternity pants are the shiit! So comfortable. Screw all that buttons and zippers noise.

• I hated Demi panel maternity pants when I was pregnant but have found them extremely handy postpartum. I went jeans shopping once and was so depressed by what size I needed I couldn't bring myself to do it. I'm within 10 lbs of pre pregnancy weight but things are soooo different.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image sbevmc09:
    Ugh, frustrating!nbsp; Go treat yourself to a pair of pants that fit and make you feel good!nbsp; That way you'll have something you feel good in during this transition period.

This! I got a nice pair of pants, a skirt, and a nice top to go with both. DH looked absolutely shocked when I came out for our first PP date night wearing the skirt and heels! It really made me feel much better!
    image image Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image MrsT0514:
    Thanks for the support, girls. I really was trying to avoid buying any "fat" jeans, but I think I might need to bite the bullet on this one.

Just call them your "transition" pair and go get them. I got a good pair from GAP and I feel better getting out of the house, even though the muffin top look isn't completely gone.
  • With DD1 it took at least 12 weeks to fit in my jeans and I gained 10 lbs more this time so I haven't even taken them out of storage and don't plan to for a whiiiiiile.
  • PS- last time I bought some stretchy jegging type jeans in a bigger size to wear until I could fit into my regular jeans. It was a good call.

And don't despair, ladies, you definitely may fit into your old jeans again before you know it! 

• I could have written this myself.  I am really bummed about the way everything fits now.  I can get my jeans on and zipped, but I have a huge pooch.

I lost 20 pounds immediately, but now my weightloss has stalled.  It's really doing a number on my self esteem to wear nothing but lounge pants and maternity pants.

Femara + Ovidrel + IUI | DD #1 08.09.11
    Surprise BFP | DD #2 01.02.2013
    TTGP Awards '11 - Cutest Kid
  • I hear you. :( I tried on my biggest pair of jeans the other day and could get them on, but not button them. It was sad. I've been wearing my maternity leggings whenever I have the leave the house, but the tops are starting to look ridiculous. I can't even imagine trying on my pre pregnancy shirts since my boobs went from a C to a DD and my lower belly is all squashy still. I haven't been cleared to exercise yet, but I can't imagine doing that either since I barely get any sleep and feel like a zombie. I'm about 10 lbs away from my pre pregnancy weight, but I'd like to lose a total of 40. I'm still not cooking because I don't have the time and we're eating like crap. I don't see this getting better soon. Boo.

image"width="180px">

image"width="180px">
  • image Allison546:
    I attempted to put on a regular pair of jeans last week. What a joke. Couldn't even get them past my thighs. I totally sympathize!

Me too. Sigh. So glad I bought a couple of nice pairs of yoga pants. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I can button mine as well but it wasn't pretty so I bought a pair of jeans in a size up. I feel so much better to be in real clothes.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• image jeggomyeggo:
    image MrsT0514:
    Thanks for the support, girls. I really was trying to avoid buying any "fat" jeans, but I think I might need to bite the bullet on this one.
    Just call them your "transition" pair and go get them. I got a good pair from GAP and I feel better getting out of the house, even though the muffin top look isn't completely gone.

Yes

They really aren't fat pants.  Your body is still recovering from nearly a year of growing another human.  It's a transition period so don't feel badly about it.  You deserve to feel good in what you wear during this time.  It doesn't mean you need a whole new wardrobe, but a pair of pants that fits properly and makes you feel good is a necessity! :)

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I was lucky enough to fit into some pre preggo jeans 2 weeks after my c section... My gap jeans are my fav cause they are higher... I have officially retired my American eagle jeans lol I'm now 29 and my new shape has created a monster muffin top in them... Time to grow up!

• image sbevmc09:

image jeggomyeggo:
    image MrsT0514:

Just call them your "transition" pair and go get them. I got a good pair from GAP and I feel better getting out of the house, even though the muffin top look isn't completely gone

Yes

They really aren't fat pants.  Your body is still recovering from nearly a year of growing another human.  It's a transition period so don't feel badly about it.  You deserve to feel good in what you wear during this time.  It doesn't mean you need a whole new wardrobe, but a pair of pants that fits properly and makes you feel good is a necessity! :)

Thank you..and you're right. My body did something amazing, so of there is ever a good reason for my pants not to fit, this is it, and I'll take it! :
  • I know I'm in the same boat.  It sucks.  Go get some pants.  You'll get to use them again if you ever have more kids. 
  • image MrsT0514:
    image sbevmc09:

image jeggomyeggo:
    image MrsT0514:

Yes

Thank you..and you're right. My body did something amazing, so of there is ever a good reason for my pants not to fit, this is it, and I'll take it! :

Not sure if anyone is still checking this post or not...but I have found that a good pair of spanx or using the be-band has helped tremendously with smoothing out the muffin top or fitting into pants. It's a good investment for sure! 

TTC #1 since 2008 with PCOS
    12/09 IUI#1 - BFP!
  • I so could have written this. I almost cried yesterday when I tried on all my jeans and couldn't get a single pair past my thighs. I'm still up 15lbs from pre-pregnancy weight...lovely.
    nataliepic350 photo nataliepic350.jpg photo 099_zps0c6fc5c8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image bundymommy:
    I so could have written this. I almost cried yesterday when I tried on all my jeans and couldn't get a single pair past my thighs. I'm still up 15lbs from pre-pregnancy weight...lovely.

I am also still 15 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight - I wasn't even going to attempt my actual jeans until 6 weeks, but this thread has me curious...

Wesley Daniel - July 24, 2014

• image MrsT0514:

image stardust317:
    My maternity pants are too big and my regular pants are too small. I'm seriously contemplating smaller maternity pants.

Haha..right? Maternity pants are the shiit! So comfortable. Screw all that buttons and zippers noise.

AMEN SISTER!

• I can *almost* fit in my pre-preg jeans but the low waistlines irritate my c-section scar so I cannot wear them, yet. My maternity jeans don't look like maternity on my and are comfortable around my scar so I have no issues wearing them.  What I hate is the fact that none of my pre-preg shirts fit because of my expanded breasts so I am wearing maternity shirts which are super baggy and hide the fact that I have my old waist back.
    BabyFruit Ticker