Trying to Get Pregnant

Friend Update

Remember my friend that told me she wanted to get pregnant before me? (then an old condom came out when she peed?) Well she did, and the way she told me was super sh!ty. I called to se if she could take a long lunch and she said she couldn't becuase she is taking Thursday off but didn't want to tell me why because I would be mad at her...I said, are you pregnant? She said yes. Are you mad at me? (sorry for not doing the whole dialog quote thing)

The details: she is a slut, its a different guy than the one she was with last month. I'm happy for her but yes I am jealous and hate myself for it. Ugh, and now I am judging her lifestyle I need to stop. I truly wish her a happy healthy pregnancy. 

But, I think she is lying. She said she is 3 weeks and 4 days, doesn't that seem early? And, she has a Dr. appt on Thursday. I asked her why and she said to make sure everything was ok. I told not to waste her money and (she doesn't have insurance) because I didn't think they would even see you until 8 weeks or something. Anyway, hearing her talk about it made me realize how much I have earned from this board. I just wanted to thank you all for teaching me so much and apologize for being a bi-ach to some of you.

I'm sure some of you can relate to how I feel, I also know I may be opening the flame gates. BIO!

Re: Friend Update

• I missed the OP but a condom came out when she peed?! Eewww! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• It is too early for a dating ultrasound, but she could have her pap and bloodwork done, I guess. I wouldn't make such an early appt, but plenty of people do, and you might not know her medical history. Maybe there's a good reason why her doc wants to see her so early.

imageimage
    ~ It's a BOY!!! Expecting baby brother October 17 ~

• image CrayChristi:
    The details: she is a slut,

This is where I stopped listening.

People can have as many partners as they want. They can hump on the top of the tallest building, take it in the butt on their kitchen table, have sex with fifteen people at once while all underwater, whatever floats their boat. But, if they aren't hurting themselves or others, more power to them. This isn't for you to judge, to slut-shame, to even comment on, because it's none of your business.

If she chose to get pregnant by some random guy, that's for her to deal with because (cue lightbulb moment) it's her life. You can go cry about it in the corner but, newsflash, it's not for you to judge.

Boy the First 12.10.2010  I  Boy the Second 4.11.2012  I  Boy the Third 8.6.2014

• image Emerald27:
    It is too early for a dating ultrasound, but she could have her pap and bloodwork done, I guess. I wouldn't make such an early appt, but plenty of people do, and you might not know her medical history. Maybe there's a good reason why her doc wants to see her so early.
    She is fine as far as I know. She had her pap done in Oct. Her sister has PCOS. From what I gathered she just wants confirmation. I told her Planned Parenthood might be cheaper, I don't know if they do blood draw tests though or just use something similar to what we'd get at the store. Liars can only lie for so long, right?
  • image cruelsound:

image CrayChristi:

People can have as many partners as they want. They can hump on the top of the tallest building, take it in the butt on their kitchen table, have sex with fifteen people at once while all underwater, whatever floats their boat. But, if they aren't hurting themselves or others, more power to them. This isn't for you to judge, to slut-shame, to even comment on, because it's none of your business.

If she chose to get pregnant by some random guy, that's for her to deal with because (cue lightbulb moment) it's her life. You can go cry about it in the corner but, newsflash, it's not for you to judge.

I know you're right. I shouldn't have jumped on TB with these weird emotions towards my friend. 
  • I don't get why you say she is a friend. Neither of you sounds like a great friend to each other.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I'm failing to see why you're so obsessed with her being pregnant or not. Let's say she's lying, how does this impact you at all? Will you somehow feel superior or think, "HAHAHAH! Now I can try to get pregnant before her again!" so that you can start this stupid game all over again?

Boy the First 12.10.2010  I  Boy the Second 4.11.2012  I  Boy the Third 8.6.2014

• image MsCrispy:
    I don't get why you say she is a friend. Neither of you sounds like a great friend to each other.

I was thinking this too and I ETA on my first post but it didn't show for some reason. It sounds like there is a long history and you are pretty hurt by her to be this upset about something she is happy about. 

• image MsCrispy:
    I don't get why you say she is a friend. Neither of you sounds like a great friend to each other.

Ding ding ding!
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    *Team Science Babies*
  • image cruelsound:
    I'm failing to see why you're so obsessed with her being pregnant or not. Let's say she's lying, how does this impact you at all? Will you somehow feel superior or think, "HAHAHAH! Now I can try to get pregnant before her again!" so that you can start this stupid game all over again?
    For me it isn't a game. You and PP are right. I am horrible. 
  • I don't think I would be friends with someone that told me they wanted to get pregnant before me. That is a little too b*tchy and competitive for me!

**Siggy/Ticker Warning**   

TTC #1 since May 2012

May 2013: First R.E. appointment

DH: SA is good

May 2013: CD3 Blood work-normal
               June 2013: Hsg-Right tube blocked

July 26, 2013: Starting Follistim for IVF #1

August 2013: IVF #1 Cancelled- Abnormal embryos

October/November 2013: IVF #2 w/ICSI

November 8, 2013: Transferred two early blasts (no frosties) 

November 18, 2013: First EVER BFP! 

Beta#1: 91  Beta#2: 288

1st U/S- 5w2d Saw yolk sac!

3rd U/S- 7w4d HB of 157bpm!

TEAM BLUE!

http://movingtolight.blogspot.com/

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• I was hoping you would not forget to update us! Sorry she won the baby race, but who wants to tell their child they were conceived after the condom went missing and came out after she peed?
    Photobucket
  • image krdesi:
    I don't think I would be friends with someone that told me they wanted to get pregnant before me. That is a little too b*tchy and competitive for me!
    Thank you. I totally understand being in your 30's and wanting to have a baby but the way she said it rubbed me wrong. I should have faded our friendship out then. 
  • I wouldn't say you're horrible, but I would say you might be making a bad choice by continuing to associate with this chick. I say that for her and for you. But part of me thinks you are totally into the drama and the competition and whatnot, so you aren't going to severe ties anyway.

• I'm confused.  First you were a MUDdy troll and now you're trying to 'actively' participate.  Are you a troll meister or just overly dramatic?

CFNBC Since 8/2011 - ALL Welcome

Lupus/MCTD (2009); Hashimotos (2012); Endo (2012); 

Complete Anovulation; Low Prog & E + High T & DHEA
    BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 EDD 7/25/2013 M/C 11/19/2012 @ 4w5d

BFP #2 - 2/4/2013 EDD 10/20/2013 M/C 2/11/13 

My Chart Is a Joke

• I don't believe this is even a real story.
               image     imageimage
                                    BFP #1: 09/22/2011 ---- DS born 05/25/2012
                                                       BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- CP
                       BFP #3: 08/05/2014 beta#1: 57  beta#2: 133 Beta #3: 441 
    NO more betas!  Sono on 8/29 confirmed HB at 147bpm!!!  GROW BABY!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • image cruelsound:

image CrayChristi:

I agree with Cruel. I can't get past you calling your friend a slut. Are you sure you are her friend?

TTC since 10/31/12 and 12 cycles into IF Treatments on a BREAK from all but meds and BFP on 8/27/14!! 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers 
    My Ovulation Chart   My Blog 
    Insulin resistant PCOS, Operating on only the left fallopian tube, retroverted uterus, prediabetes, and Vitamin D insufficiency DX

• image cruelsound:
    I'm failing to see why you're so obsessed with her being pregnant or not. Let's say she's lying, how does this impact you at all? Will you somehow feel superior or think, "HAHAHAH! Now I can try to get pregnant before her again!" so that you can start this stupid game all over again?

Exactly what I was thinking...didn't read it all though, too much crazy in one place.

BabyFruit Ticker

• image bbg676:
    I'm confused.  First you were a MUDdy troll and now you're trying to 'actively' participate.  Are you a troll meister or just overly dramatic?

I can't figure it out either. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    BFP 8-22-13~ EDD 5-06-14
    Diagnosed HG 11-18-2013
    A/S 12-09-13~ It's a girl!
    Diagnosed PIH 12-16-13
    Diagnosed GD 1-16-14
    Induced @ 36+3 for severe PIH

• I might be the worst friend ever, I call my friends sluts all the time.

Baby Boy ColeRose, sharing the same birthstone as Jesus since 2013 

*Everyone Always Welcome*

• image ColeRose:
    I might be the worst friend ever, I call my friends sluts all the time.

My BFF and I call each other horrible names, my favorite for her is a c*unt wrap supreme. It's like cutesy nicknames, except a lot more hilarious and offensive.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    BFP 8-22-13~ EDD 5-06-14
    Diagnosed HG 11-18-2013
    A/S 12-09-13~ It's a girl!
    Diagnosed PIH 12-16-13
    Diagnosed GD 1-16-14
    Induced @ 36+3 for severe PIH

• image Slapptastic:
    I think she's an AE that's trying to legitimize herself.
    Pugs with giant tits are legit in my book.

• image CrayChristi:

Remember my friend that told me she wanted to get pregnant before me? (then an old condom came out when she peed?) Well she did, and the way she told me was super sh!ty. I called to se if she could take a long lunch and she said she couldn't becuase she is taking Thursday off but didn't want to tell me why because I would be mad at her...I said, are you pregnant? She said yes. Are you mad at me? (sorry for not doing the whole dialog quote thing)

This is...disturbing!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • mrsashleyk

just had to say i love your siggy

EDD for #2 is December 8th, 2013, so excited for our 2nd team green baby! 

• image HatchetFace:

image ColeRose:
    I might be the worst friend ever, I call my friends sluts all the time.

My BFF and I call each other horrible names, my favorite for her is a c*unt wrap supreme. It's like cutesy nicknames, except a lot more hilarious and offensive.  

:Snort: That was nearly a spit take moment. :Dead:

TTC since 10/31/12 and 12 cycles into IF Treatments on a BREAK from all but meds and BFP on 8/27/14!! 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers 
    My Ovulation Chart   My Blog 
    Insulin resistant PCOS, Operating on only the left fallopian tube, retroverted uterus, prediabetes, and Vitamin D insufficiency DX

• image Slapptastic:
    If I cared enough to make an AE I would have after the first time I was flamed or my drunken rampage night. This is the Internet. This board is fun and interesting. Hopefully you or I will get our BFP this month so won't bother you with my posts anymore. 
  • image macylynn27:

image krdesi:
    I don't think I would be friends with someone that told me they wanted to get pregnant before me. That is a little too b*tchy and competitive for me!

Agreed. After my husband and I got engaged, his ex girlfriend (I've known her for many years but she is not what I consider a friend) got engaged and married in two months. She later told me she did that because she had to get married before I did. Then she got pregnant (more power to her, nothing wrong with that, obviously!) but told me that she is happy now because she has had a baby before I could. WTF. She is now in my phone as 'don't answer' because she is NOT a friend. I don't want anything to do with her and every time I talk to her i become a b!tch because she infuriates me, so I don't talk to her.

Sounds like you two just need to go your separate ways. If she only brings out the worst in you and vice versa, don't be in contact with her.

I"m going to try to be strong and start ignoring her. PP's are right, she brings out the worst in me. 
  • image CrayChristi:
    image Slapptastic:
    If I cared enough to make an AE I would have after the first time I was flamed or my drunken rampage night. This is the Internet. This board is fun and interesting. Hopefully you or I will get our BFP this month so won't bother you with my posts anymore. 
    So you both can't get a BFP this month? Oh wait, that's right, pregnancy is a competition.

• I found out I was pregnant last time at 4 weeks and some days. I called my family practitioner to ask what the next step was, and she had me come in to her to have a pregnancy test done to confirm (just a urinalysis). It was positive and she called an OB for me, but my appointment wasn't for almost 2 months later.

I agree with pp, maybe she has some problems (or since you say she's a sl*t, maybe she has some STDs that should be taken care of right away?). But like you said, she could easily be lying as well.

I think she is a biatch for saying she wants to get pregnant before you. That's incredibly rude (even if she doesn't know about your TTC journey). She seems very dramatic and into herself. I'd side eye her majorly and question if she is pregnant or not. Just know that you are the bigger person, because you didn't say that you wanted to be pregnant before her, and also because you want her to have a H and H 9 months. Screw her for being a biatch.

BFP: February 12 2012
    Joseph Scott born October 8
    7lb 12oz 20.5"
    TTC #2 Since February 2013

• image cruelsound:
    image CrayChristi:
    image Slapptastic:
    So you both can't get a BFP this month? Oh wait, that's right, pregnancy is a competition.
    Oh, FFS, that is not what I meant. I'm not trying to compete.