May 2013 Moms

3 hour GTT

Ugh, 3 hour glucose test in 5 hours and I haven't gotten any sleep. I'm going to be one crabby momma tomorrow!! As if starving myself wouldn't already do that!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers BabyName Ticker

Re: 3 hour GTT

• I had a hard time sleeping before my 3 hour, also.  Hopefully they can give you a bed so you can nap between blood testing, like they did me.  Although, I must say, I felt like the little kid from "Big Daddy" while trying to get comfortable on the exam bed paper.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicbaby development December Siggy Challenger Ugly Christmas Sweater Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I had my 3 hr. GTT today, and didnt sleep well at all last night.  They didn't give me anywhere to lie down either, so I was stuck in the waiting room the whole time.  Also, I was responsible for getting myself to the lab at every hour, so I was clock checking the whole time.  Ugh.  Time for a nap.
  • I was specifically told during my 3-hour that I was NOT allowed to sleep.  They actually checked on me to make sure that I wasn't sleeping.  I find it strange that so many others were able to sleep.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1: 1/10/12; EDD: 9/20/12, born too early on 5/7/12 (20w4d) due to IC/PTL/chorioamnionitis.
    BFP #2: 8/30/12; EDD: 5/9/13, emergency cerclage placed at 22w5d, dx cardiomyopathy, strict bed rest for 14 weeks. DD born at 39 weeks.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    All ALs always welcome
  • They told me that I couldn't sleep too, wasn't expecting that but she said that it could raise the levels so it was a bad idea and if someone saw me sleeping they'd wake me up...it was so busy at the lab that I would have felt way too weird sleeping in front of everyone anyway...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards