July 2013 Moms

My butt cheek hurts...

I've read that sciatica pain extends from the hip to the back of the legs. The pain I'm feeling is just in my right butt cheek only. It feels like I've fallen off a horse or something, real sore. It comes and goes but last night I could barely use my right leg because my right but check and hip joint felt so stiff and sore.

Anybody else have this or know what it is??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My butt cheek hurts...

• Yup! Me! Same butt cheek and everything! I don't think it's sciatica either, because it's definitely not radiating. My massage therapist said it could be from something to do with my pelvis (she had a real term that I can't remember now)... Massage helped a lot, as embarassing as it is to ask someone to massage your butt, haha! Also stretching helps.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage
  • Sorry but it totally sounds like sciatic pain to me. It's awful and mine didn't go away until I had DD. You learn to deal. Exercises and stretches help. Talk to doc about the right kinds.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Loading the player...
  • Can you try using a tennis ball to massage your butt? I did this the other day, and it really helped. Basically, lie on your back on a rug or yoga mat, and put a tennis ball under one side of your butt. Use your foot to move around a little bit until you find a good spot, and let your weight provide the pressure for the "massage."
  • I don't know if it's the same pain you are having but if it's a sharp pain inside the top of the right butt cheek I had this REALLY bad for a week and now it comes and goes. I'd googled it and it seems pretty common...either a nerve is being pressed on or the general changes/stress your body goes through during pregnancy. Massaging helped but my favorite thing to do is the "happy baby" yoga pose where you lay on your back, put your feet in the air and hold them with your hands, and roll from side to side. I usually roll a lot more on my right side and it feels like a nice (but painful) massage. Unfortunately I haven't found anything to completely make it go away.
  • This happened to me during my last pregnancy and is just starting this pregnancy. I didn't know what it was last time and it was TERRIBLE. It was on both sides though and my OB kept dismissing it as typical pregnancy back pain but this was not typical. It was awful and made labor much worse. I couldn't sit or lay without being in pain, even walking hurt. I finally went to a chiropractor 6 weeks after I had DS when it still wasn't going away and he fixed it in a few sessions. Turns out it was my SI joints. The pain literally feels like it's in my butt cheeks and can radiate out. I'm definitely going to be proactive this pregnancy and go to a chiro to get it under control before it gets out of hand. I wish I had known what it was last time as I can still remember how much pain I was in.

It might not be as bad for you, but I'd definitely consider going to a chiro if it doesn't get better.

• After talking to a professional massage therapist and a chiropractor, I found out I'm having sciatica issues on my left side :/ It's no bueno and I really think it's what is affecting my cramps in my left calf because my right side is pretty much fine.
    Married 12.20.2010
    BFP#1: 11.22.2012 EDD: 7.22.2013 DS Born 7.24.2013
    BFP#2: 11.26.2014 EDD: 7.25.2015 *chemical confirmed 12.08.14*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"