Birth Stories

Announcing - arrival of ?

Rudolph (Rudy) - sixth son arrives at 4:06 this morning!

We farmed our kids out with families - my folks took our two older boys; Bob?s parents came getting our next two; while my sister took the baby all were picked up by 9:30 yesterday morning; which helped. Bob (my DH) was then able to devote his time to me while I was having all those sometimes wild, mild, strange, crazy, sporadic, hard, and/or painful contractions throughout the day even as they progressed steadily. He?s so supportive just my support, rock; being great, fantastic - Oh so fantastic ? he seems to know (by now) what?s needed and where to place those big hands of his that simply melt me - taking away all even the most awful of pains! Thus calming, soothing the beast within ?

These contractions (which are a cut above - beyond those we all seem to experience as BH - so you just know) the real ones sometimes hurt! These began around 6:20 yesterday morning when labor really started kicking in strong. So, I spent the next 14+ hours prior to water braking (about 8:30) last night. All those contractions were running between mild-to-moderate; on to hot; hard-to-heavy throughout the day. However after water broke they became much more intense (harder-to-heavier); but, I was still able to manage (if I stopped, focused - breath through) while being somewhat sporadic - not really being in the 3 to 5 minutes interval/range; so I stayed home until we were able to time them at that 3 minute interval for about 30 minutes then left for the birthing center/hospital (about a 4-5 minute drive). Going through triage - being admitted into L&D around 1:30 this morning got prepped for birth - I was slightly past 8cm-100% effaced. So an epidural was not possible now (I didn?t really care - didn?t want one anyway) so I was given a birthing suite where I could still move about/around freely, use the tub, birthing ball, or lie down if so desiring. My assigned nurse (Janice) who was so sweet again checked to see how far I had progressed about 2:20 but, no change was denoted so I still had a little ways to go. I used that birthing ball when in really hurtful labor pains, tried getting some rest in-between contractions, maybe a little dozing, sleep before getting  ?ready to-push? command from doctor. Janice continued checking my progress every 30-45 minutes.

DH being a bit tired grabbed - (should say) took possession of that recliner; picked up one of those women?s magazines started reading an article; while waiting on me to reach the delivery stage/setting - then he?d step-up, ready, willing-n-able to help again! Then around 3:55 Janice once again checked - I was 10cm (really feeling - a strong, very strong urge to push) so with DH?s help I got back into bed ready to start pushing this baby out too; then with just three very hard, constant pushes we had our ((pop)) --- as out he came - my (our) sixth son ?Rudy? was here (joining us) it was 4:06AM this morning exactly as he was placed on my chest with his umbilical cord being allowed to continue its pulsing for some 5-6 minutes. It was clamped and then cut by DH on this Sunday morning; February 24th, he was then taken to get finally - cleaned-up, weighted, and measured.

He measured a whopping 22-1/2?; weighting 8.613lbs (8lbs-9.8ozs). He was the most filled out of all my sons no bluish tent-color or those wrinkles which so many newborns appear to have at first sight. I don?t know if he weren?t the most handsome of all my boys since he was so filled out - the largest by weight and length of all. He had a full head of medium brownish hair.

?Skin-to-skin?

I do remember being a little up-set (bitchy) earlier (hormones running wild) in my so desperately wanting; desiring this baby being that little girl this time around, seeming somewhat disappointed when first learning at the AS that instead there was another little boy (on his way) in there - well that?s all over, passed, gone, done with ? now; I wouldn?t take all the gold at Fort Knox for this - my new addition! I simply love this little guy all the more!!!  I don?t even think/believe that that a little girl could?ve been anymore wanted, loved than this little man!!! He?s mine - all mine - so precious, cute, cuddly, appealing, loved, oh - and so-so handsome ? just any mother?s pride; joy! Especially mine!

I?m truly the luckiest woman, wife, and mom on earth to have this (my) family of seven - that?s right; I said seven - men in my life - all six sons and the world?s most wonderful husband - all of whom I so dearly love ?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Announcing - arrival of ?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"