February 2013 Moms

What to do for a baby's stuffy nose

Baby has a stuffy nose.  It whistles when she breathes and now she is periodically snoring (which is super sortable, but sad).  I tried the aspirator but nothing cme out.  Any suggestions?

Re: What to do for a baby's stuffy nose

• You can use saline then use the bulb syringe. They make some just for little ones we always use the little remedies brand
  • Though I haven't had my baby yet, all of my friends SWEAR by the Nose Frieda. Its a bit of an odd devise, but everyone I've known to use it is a convert. They say it works 100 times better than the traditional aspirator. Plus you can actually see what you are getting out!
  • I was told that its normal for them to be a little congested for a few weeks. DS still sounds a little congested and snorts but it's not at the point where I feel like I need to do anything because he can still breathe while nursing.
  • image Moira711:
    Though I haven't had my baby yet, all of my friends SWEAR by the Nose Frieda. Its a bit of an odd devise, but everyone I've known to use it is a convert. They say it works 100 times better than the traditional aspirator. Plus you can actually see what you are getting out!

Best aspirator ever! 

Derek - February 2013        Caelyn April 2011
    imageimage

• image Vespah:

image Moira711:
    Though I haven't had my baby yet, all of my friends SWEAR by the Nose Frieda. Its a bit of an odd devise, but everyone I've known to use it is a convert. They say it works 100 times better than the traditional aspirator. Plus you can actually see what you are getting out!

Best aspirator ever! 

this. I ordered one, and have had it now for 24h and it's amazing. I'm so glad to be rid of those germ-harboring blue bulbs, too.

I also got a bottle of baby saline spray. That seems to help loosen stuff up!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Our gal has a stuffy nose, which she caught from our toddler. We've been using the Nosefrida mentioned above, along with Little Noses saline spray, a humidifier in our room next to our bed & where she sleeps elevated in the Rock N Play. 
  • Put breast milk in her nose.  Yes, I'm 100% serious.
    Missed m/c discovered 3/15/12 at 8w2d: "Henry."

imageView Full Size Image
    Jack 04/29/10 dairy, egg, peanut and seasonal allergies; Sensory Processing Disorder
    Rhys 01/25/13 Peanut and tree nut allergy, MSPI
    Lilypie - (q2ek) Lilypie - (nqAF)

"We are in Buckingham Palace, the very heart of the British nation.  Sherlock Holmes, put your trousers ON!"