Baby Names

Correct pronunciation/spelling?

We have decided on Ariana. "Are. ee. ah. na" I see it also pronounced with the "Air" pronunciation.

How do I determine the pronunciation, and spelling? Ariana vs. Arianna?

Is it personal preference with this name, or is there a correct way?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Correct pronunciation/spelling?

• Arianna to me looks like it should be pronounced "arr-ee-anna". With one N, I would pronounce it like you've mentioned you want it.

• The way you pronounce it is the same way I would with that spelling. Single or double N only change it from "ahna" to "an nuh"
  • Loading the player...
  • This is probably the name I have the hardest time figuring out pronunciation and spelling. 99% of the time I'm wrong. 

From what I have seen, the way you want it pronounced should be Ariana, but I still don't think there is a way to prevent the 'Air-ee-on-uh' pronunciation. You will just have to correct people and then they will catch on. 

• I think it's mostly personal preference. Just know that it will be mispronounced a lot, but you can just politely correct them and move on. I wouldn't think it would be a bid deal. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• imageanvloveskme:
    The way you pronounce it is the same way I would with that spelling. Single or double N only change it from "ahna" to "an nuh"

Agree
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Being a teacher I've met plenty of Ariannas and Arianas and there doesn't seem to be a link with spelling a pronunciation. Either way you spell it I prefer the are-ee-ah-na pronunciation.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"