October 2013 Moms

GTKY: Wedding Dresses

PIP your wedding dress! 

QOTD: how much did you spend on your wedding dress? 

imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers BabyFetus Ticker image

Re: GTKY: Wedding Dresses

• Instruction on how to post a picture:

For online: Right click on the pic you want, go to properties and copy the entire url location. Then go back to The Bump, compose message and press the tree icon. Paste the location in the image URL spot and press enter. You can then resize the pic.

To upload: the best site is tinypic.com. Browse your files for the pic through the website, select the size (the small/message board is best), get the URL for the message boards, and go back to The Bump. Compose the message, press the tree icon and enter the code in the image URL spot and press enter.  
    imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers BabyFetus Ticker image
  • I can't PIP in my wedding dress. :(

It was traditional a-line dress with a medium train.  It was champagne.  I loved it, I think it is still pretty.

I think after everything (including alterations, veil, hairpiece, bra, etc. it was about 1,000).  I bought off the rack because it was being discontinued.

Charlotte 12.3.09
    Madeline 6.24.11
    Eleanor 9.30.13
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so tech challenged that PIPs are not happening for me. lol But to answer the question, I got mine on clearance for 290. The alterations cost me 200 though because it was a size 12 and I am a 4. I planned to spend 800ish so I was pleasantly surprised to find one I loved for cheap!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

The dress (off the rack, huge and kind of dirty) was $300, but the nightmare alterations cost another $300 and the dry cleaning that ruined the alterations was $140.

imageimage
  • I spent I think $350.  With veil, shoes, alterations and under garments I think around $600.

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I don't have any on my lap top to upload but I can link the website to our pics! https://jessikafeltz.com/blog/2010/11/17/kylie-and-derrick-wedding/

Dress was $1900 but after alterations and adding in bra cups it was probably closer to $2400. It took me 14 different stores in 2 different states. But it was worth it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I wore 2 dresses. I bought one and thought I loved it till, 6 months later, I saw another one and loved it more. Each one was $700, so I spent $1400 total. In retrospect I wish I would have looked more and just spent $1400 on the perfect gown. Oh well.

Here's the 2nd gown I bought. My bouquet is hiding the gorgeous beading along the stomach...

2nd gown--pick up style gown

We spent $300 on the dress, and I only needed to get the bustle done for alterations so we didn't have to spend much on that. I thought we were going to spend a lot more, I was very happy that I found this one and fell in love.

I can't find a full length shot, it had a pretty short/puddle type train.

It was around $1400 with alterations, my grandma got it for me!

GP February Siggy Challenge:
    Black History Month

TTC since Feb 2012
    Diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation
    2 round clomid 1 round femara--no response
    1st round injectables/IUI 1/31---BFP! BabyFruit Ticker
  • The dress has lace on the top and the bottom. I absolutely love lace but now I wish I would have gotten something with a little bit more zazz. :) It was over $1000 I think.... 

• imageLexiMS:

I can't find a full length shot, it had a pretty short/puddle type train.

It was around $1400 with alterations, my grandma got it for me!

OMG! How have I never seen your wedding photos? You look gorgeous, though you always do!

imageimage
  • I was married 8 years ago, so my dress is nowhere to be found online.  It was a Casablanca and very similar to this though:

i still love it!  it was about 900ish, i don't remember!

• image" onmouseover="undefined" onmouseout="undefined">

Love seeing all these dresses!  I loved my dress, wish I could have worn it again! I can't remember exactly how much it was, but probably somewhere around $1000 or so.  

Never posted a pic before so I hope it works!

• i can't get a siggy to work much less a PIP. But I spent $0 on my dress. My grandmother was a professional seamstress and she made my gown. I suppose she spent money on the fabric and such, but she surprised me with it and wouldn't let me reimburse her for it. And now that she is gone, that dress means sooo much more.
  • imageraeyn:

The dress (off the rack, huge and kind of dirty) was $300, but the nightmare alterations cost another $300 and the dry cleaning that ruined the alterations was $140.

I remember this dress drama!

GP February Siggy Challenge:
    Black History Month

TTC since Feb 2012
    Diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation
    2 round clomid 1 round femara--no response
    1st round injectables/IUI 1/31---BFP! BabyFruit Ticker

Excuse the cheap  gym look...I didn't want a spendy wedding!  My dress was...wait for it....$25 ordered from ebay from someone in China.  After shipping it was a whopping $88.  A lady custom made it to fit me..I did end up getting minor alterations on the jacket, but someone offered to do it for free. Can't beat that!  I love this dress!  

• Grr... This isn't working!

My dress was $500.  I love it and would totally wear it again!

• My dad bought my wedding dress and it was around $1k after all alterations.  About a month before DH even proposed, I was walking by the salon and saw the dress in the window in a champagne color.  I immediately thought to myself "that's my wedding dress"  Little did I know, it really was my wedding dress (just in ivory)!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sorry mine is ginormous.  I don't know why it's not working right!
  •  I didn't have any full length shots of just me on facebook so this is the best I can give without digging out the CD lol

EETA: I added the closer view of the top part since I'm kind of hiding it in the first pick...wish I could show the back!

It was about $700

Eimage

• imagegammysgirl:

I absolutely loved my dress. I think it was around $1200 before alterations. This was actually a second dress I bought. The first one was okay. and then I saw this one and bought it on the spot.

Embarrassed  I did the same thing! lol

• photo 536_zpsf93372e4.jpg

I got mine on clearance at David's Bridal but it was still $600. I loved it though, it had everything that I wanted!

photo 46122502-649c-4d9b-a99e-dc22cf009d51_zpsf72c5124.jpg photo mason4_zps7f19f81c.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 07/2010, Dx with PCOS 11/2011, H's S/A= Perfect!!! HSG= both tubes clear!
    Round #6- 7.5mg Femara+ .5mg Dex+ 75iu Gonal-F+ hCG trigger+ IUI=BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)- 94 Beta#2(22dpo)- 1,619 Beta#3 (28dpo)- 11,396!!!

Just a Little Blog

• imageRobinSparkles81:

I didn't have any full length shots of just me on facebook so this is the best I can give without digging out the CD lol

EETA: I added the closer view of the top part since I'm kind of hiding it in the first pick...wish I could show the back!

It was about $700

Eimage

Your cuteness overwhelms me.  

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
       ADD3 | Oct 2014 (April 2001)
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Due with baby blob August 2021

Pregnancy Ticker

I spent about $1100 

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • All you ladies look phenomenal!! Even Stewie Stick out tongue

DH and I were eloped at the court house so no fancy dress for me Crying

However, I still love my dress and I'm just looking for an opportunity to wear it again. 

• $250 at a Brides Against Breast Cancer event!! SCORE!!

My goal for 2013...Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageyesthisiskim0401:

All you ladies look phenomenal!! Even Stewie Stick out tongue

DH and I were eloped at the court house so no fancy dress for me Crying

However, I still love my dress and I'm just looking for an opportunity to wear it again. 

You really look so cute! 

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My dress was about $800 plus around $250 in alterations. This was actually the second dress I bought. I bought the first one at a charity dress sale under pressure, but decided it wasn't me. This was the first dress I looked at (online or in-person), and I'm so glad I went back to get it. 

(This is my second time ever trying to upload photos, so fingers crossed...)

TTC since August 2011
    DX: Unexplained Infertility
    IUI #1: Clomid 50mg + Ovidrel + IUI: 11/3/12 - BFN
    IUI #2: Clomid 50mg + Ovidrel + IUI: 12/5/12 - BFN
    IUI #3: Clomid 100mg (CD 3-7) + 75 iu Bravelle (CD 9 & 11) + Ovidrel (CD 13) + IUI: 1/10/13 - BFP! EDD 10/3/13
    **P/SAIF welcome!**
  • I spent around $600 for everything :)

Hopefully this works :) That man in the pic with me is my dad, not my husband :D And I had to wear my cowboy boots ;)

• imageKittymom6:

My dress was about $800 plus around $250 in alterations. This was actually the second dress I bought. I bought the first one at a charity dress sale under pressure, but decided it wasn't me. This was the first dress I looked at (online or in-person), and I'm so glad I went back to get it. 

(This is my second time ever trying to upload photos, so fingers crossed...)

GORGEOUS! I love that!!!!
  • imagedbos99:

image" border="0" vspace="0" hspace="-1" mce_src="image">

Love seeing all these dresses!  I loved my dress, wish I could have worn it again! I can't remember exactly how much it was, but probably somewhere around $1000 or so.  

Never posted a pic before so I hope it works!

Love it! I loooove the veil with it, very beautiful.
  • Image and video hosting by TinyPic

We paid $1000 for my dress 

Me 26, Hubs 32
    Married 7.14.12
    DS 10.29.13
    BFP 06.20.16
    *It's a boy!*
    EDD 03.03.17
                                                          BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think I spent $199, it was so comfy and light!

• Now mine was 10 years ago January 4. We got married in 2003. We do not look like this at all anymore. DH shaves his head and had lasix surgery and I have redish hair now.

pregnancy calendar
  • Oh sorry I forgot, we spent about $475, bought it 3 days before we got married. The beads are a baby blue.
    pregnancy calendar
  • I am mobile bumping, so no picture, but my dress was the maggie soterro graceslim a line, all lace with beading details. I paid 625 and the only alteration I needed was the bustle hook for 10. That was six years ago, the same dress is in the boutiques now sold for 900ish. My sister is dress shopping now and prices have gone up!
  • I can't seem to locate a reasonable picture that will upload - so here is one from my blog https://pickles-and-onions.blogspot.de/2010/01/definition-of-happily-married-month.html

My nana made my dress and it cost about 200 USD. The shoes were red (favorite color) and were about 25 USD. I LOVED IT - easy to dance in.

• It was Pronovias Benicarlo, I can't put a pic in.  That and my veil came to over $2300  which I got tax free.  Otherwise it would have been over $3000

It was an organza ballgown, the bottom was all ruffles or ripped up, hard to explain, and feathers on the corset with a crystal satin belt

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"