Birth Stories

Kaydence Ann's Birth Story

To be honest I didn't even look at this board, I wanted to share my story though. It's a little late but she was born Setember 13 2012.

I went in for a routine check up (was going every week for bpp ultrasounds) Becuase I was high risk. I had gestational Diabetes and I also had High blood pressure. It was anything but a good pregnancy for me. I would just throw up at the site of food in the first and second Trimesters. Once I entered the 3rd trimester I was getting SO excitd to be over and done with the pregnancy.

Kaydence was growing on the smaller side, ironically because I had GD so they wanted to continue to keep a very close eye on her. They kept doing BPP ultrasounds to check her progress of growth and also to check on her breathing. Everything had been going pretty good. I was 35 weeks and 5 days, It was September 12th I went in to have my routine BPP ultrasound ( I just loved seeing her in ultrasound every week :)  ) The ultrasonographer and I were joking that she didn't want to get her picture taken and my exact words were " Mommy, I don't need anymore pictures, you will get enough of me when I come out." haha. Well the ultrasound was done and over, I went to the restroom to give my urine sample. I had my hands on my pants to pull them down and the second I went to pull them down my water broke EVERYWHERE. I stood there not knowing whether to cry or laugh or be scared so I just stood there. I opened the door and told the lady "I think something just happened" (lol my first baby obviously) and she was kind of taken back herself becuase it's never happened to her before that someone's water broke in her room! She took me back to an exam room. As I'm waiting for the doctor I'm trying to get a hold of my SO to get him there by me. I was so nervous, I called my mom and my sister and they were so excited for me. I was scared, nervous excited all the above. All I kept thinking was she's too early, is she developed, is she going to be okay?!

We finally got up in the L&D, I got all settled in and SO finally showed up. I got all hooked up to everything I needed to be and the waiting game started. My water broke at 2:30 pm. By the time I started to have REAL bad contractions it was 9 pm. I was in HORRIBLE pain for 2 hours so about 11 pm I got my Epidural and I was one happy mumma after that! It took all my pain away and I'm sure that SO was very happy too =). Things were going semi smooth and once that epi got put in the baby's heart rate would drop at every contraction. They put in an internal monitor so they could monitor her a little closer. Well that wasn't working out because she kept moving around and was just in distress. at about 2 am they came in and told me they were going to prep me for surgery to have her C-section. I was at that point SO completely exhausted becuase I had to wear an oxygen mask and had to keep turning sides and was just uncomfortable so I got no sleep. Well SO gets prepped and they roll me into the OR and prep me. It's about 5 minutes later and SO walks in. I'm almost in tears thinking "Our baby will be here in no time! " Well at 2:27 he tells me "You are going to feel an extreme amount of pressure" I didn't feel that pressure but all I could hear is a little peanuts cry! I instantly started to bawl! They brought her over to get her weight and everything (She was 5 lbs 3 oz). They brought her to the nursey and daddy went with while they finished closing me up. Well it was the most pain ever!!! That was finally over, I went to my room still in shock that she was here and wanted sleep so bad! By the time I got to my room daddy and Kaydence were still in the nursey. Daddy came back and said they wanted to do extra monitoring on her because she was forgetting to breath every 20 seconds or so. So there I was waiting for my baby. It was about an hour later the ped came in and said they wanted to monitor her for another 2 hours and then check to see if she has made any improvement. 2 hours later he came in and told us that she was just not breathing on her own and they wanted to take her to the nicu. They wheeled her in so I could say bye to her. I wanted and longed to hold my baby SO bad! She went off to the NICU and I bawled my eyes out for the next 2 hours. Finally it's about 8 in the morning and I was ready to see my baby. SO wheeled me over to the NICU and the second I went in there again, I cried it was the scariest feeling ever!

She is a strong little fighter and did so well. She only needed an 8 day stay and everyday she progressed so well. She is now a sassy lots of personality, happy 5 month old! I'm glad for this board and getting to share my story! I still cry about it everytime I think or talk about it! It was the most amazing experience ever! Love her to pieces!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Kaydence Ann's Birth Story

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"