February 2013 Moms

Formula Feeding Mamas

How much and how often is your LO eating?
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: Formula Feeding Mamas

• LO will be 3 weeks tomorrow and is eating 3.5 ounces every 4 hours. At night she'll go 4-5 hours between feedings though. We may be getting ready to bump her up to 4 ounces here soon. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Little man is 2 weeks today. We switched to formula after he was a couple days old due to milk supply issues and he is now eating around 3 ounces every 3-4 hours. I have made him a 4 oz bottle in the middle of the night and he did finish that a few times though. My DR says the average is you take their weight and multiple that by 2.5. So if they weigh 8lb (like my little one now) than the average feeding is 20 oz a day. Mine eats a little more than that some days.
  • He is 2w2d. He eats 24oz every 24hrs. Sometimes though he will only eat 1oz and then pass out. So I'm working on waking him during the day to eat. At night he eats every 2hrs like clock work.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Using the mobile version and it took out the dashes.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • My baby is 1 wk old. 10 lbs 8 oz at birth only lost one oz after birth. She eats 2 oz every 2.5 hrs.
  • Thanks for your replies ladies. And thanks for adding your LO's ages in there, i should have asked that in my post. DD was drinking 2 oz every 3 hours until she was 6 weeks old. DS is 2 weeks old tomorrow, drinking 3 oz every 3 hours and would happily drink more. I was getting worried that I was feeding him too much. He feels like hes doubled in size since birth haha.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • DD's getting a mix of pumped BM and formula. She's 2w1d old and drinks about 3oz every 3 hours.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence