Crafty Moms

Baby book

Hey everyone! I'm thinking about making my own baby book.  Anyone have any suggestions on page themes to put in it? 
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Baby book

• I bought a hardbound sketchbook no lines so I could write whatever I wanted and not be limited by themes or anything like that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've been making my own book, completely from "scratch". I made a cover out of chipboard and covered it with pretty scrap book paper. The pages are 12" x 12" Kraft paper cardstock. Everything is held together with binder rings, which will allow me to make the book bigger as baby gets older. 

The sections I plan on dividing the book into are:

Pregnancy- with ultrasound pictures and my baby bump photos

Baby Shower- including photos, cards, and other mementos

Birth and Hospital Stay- I had a c-section, so there's no graphic photos. The nurses who took care of me postpartum wrote me a sweet card. And maybe this is where baby's footprints will go.   

Baby's Firsts- this could be a few lists that get filled in, with space for photos.

Nursery- a place for photos and the story/inspiration behind her room.

Month to Month- this section is for documenting how she grows and changes monthly. I have some cute "pockets" with blank calendars on them I'll use.

You could also do holidays, outings, daily/weekly photos, family events, baby's favorite things, etc.

• image brinaroze1:

I've been making my own book, completely from "scratch". I made a cover out of chipboard and covered it with pretty scrap book paper. The pages are 12" x 12" Kraft paper cardstock. Everything is held together with binder rings, which will allow me to make the book bigger as baby gets older. 

The sections I plan on dividing the book into are:

Pregnancy- with ultrasound pictures and my baby bump photos

Baby Shower- including photos, cards, and other mementos

Birth and Hospital Stay- I had a c-section, so there's no graphic photos. The nurses who took care of me postpartum wrote me a sweet card. And maybe this is where baby's footprints will go.   

Baby's Firsts- this could be a few lists that get filled in, with space for photos.

Nursery- a place for photos and the story/inspiration behind her room.

Month to Month- this section is for documenting how she grows and changes monthly. I have some cute "pockets" with blank calendars on them I'll use.

You could also do holidays, outings, daily/weekly photos, family events, baby's favorite things, etc.

Thanks! I'm not super crafty so this will at least give me some ideas!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm digitally scrapbooking mine, which is pretty much how I do all this type of stuff these days. For me, it's so nice to do it on the computer, because I can walk away and come back later to finish without having a big mess in my house somewhere waiting. Then, when it's done, if Grandma wants her own copy, it's no problem because I can just have another copy printed...