February 2013 Moms

I'm a STM but I feel like a FTM

Stupid contractions!  10-12 minutes apart and they hurt but I know the whole 5-1-1 thing so I'm just timing and waiting.  I'm scheduled for a RCS a week from today.  Last time I had contractions 5 minutes apart and the dr said stay home and then my water broke the next morning and I went in and had my c-section.  This time I have the whole fear of what if things progress faster, what if I can't figure out when to go, what if my water doesn't break to tell me to go in?  I had no idea it would be more confusing and nerve wracking the 2nd time around but this time I have to factor in what to do with my DS and can't just pop on in to L&D.  I wish I could feel certain about things instead of clueless.

Married 9/26/09 BFP #1 12/09 Blighted Ovum 12/23/09 D&C 1/10 BFP#2 5/1/10 DS born 12/18/10 38wks 10 lbs 1 oz BFP #3 6/25/12 EDD 3/5/13 RCS DS2 born 2-22-13 38wks 8 lbs 4 oz

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I'm a STM but I feel like a FTM

• FWIW, I have been told by my OB that the 5 1 1 rule does not apply to STMs. May want to give your OB a call.
    Mommy to Seth (4) and Catherine Anne (13 mo.) Excited to welcome a third child in March of 2013!
  • Good to know!  The OB said unless I'm 5 minutes apart or my water breaks don't call but I really don't want to have this kid in my living room.  Especially since his 10 lb big headed self will get stuck (like his big brother).

Married 9/26/09 BFP #1 12/09 Blighted Ovum 12/23/09 D&C 1/10 BFP#2 5/1/10 DS born 12/18/10 38wks 10 lbs 1 oz BFP #3 6/25/12 EDD 3/5/13 RCS DS2 born 2-22-13 38wks 8 lbs 4 oz

• image onlymeggan:
    Good to know!nbsp; The OB said unless I'm 5 minutes apart or my water breaks don't call but I really don't want to have this kid in my living room.nbsp; Especially since his 10 lb big headed self will get stuck like his big brother.

So true! But I get what you are saying about feeling like a FTM. I'm 38 weeks and have had two rounds of false labor so far... One had me on the phone with the OB. A bath with Epsom salts cured both bouts of false labor for me. Maybe it would help you figure out whether you're having a baby tonight or not?
    Mommy to Seth (4) and Catherine Anne (13 mo.) Excited to welcome a third child in March of 2013!
  • My card from the OB says stms should go by 7 minutes, not 5. Can't remember what it said about the 11 part.
    imageimageimage
  • Found it...710 minutes apart, lasting 45 seconds to a minute, for an hour.
    imageimageimage