Alaska Babies
Options

Anchorage

Hello! We're military and this is our first! Luckily the husband isn't deployed but I am trying to get used to this big change that's happening but it's so hard without any other family around. Any suggestions on how to build that support system?

Re: Anchorage

• Options
    I'm also in anchorage! Nice to meet you. I'm 33 and this is my second. I work on post and am an army reservist. How are you liking it here?
  • Options
    I'm also in anchorage I'm 27 this is my second I have an 18 month old son and a girl due August 9th.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How long have you been up here and have you had the chance to meet any friends on base? I just moved here in September and I don't live to far from base, across the bridge from the government hill gate. I have my family here but have yet to make any friends.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats! We live in wasilla and have 4 kids and I am 16 weeks with number 5.
    Tara
  • Options

Hi ladies!

I'm in Eagle River, but work in Anchorage.

I have a 3 year old and I'm due with baby #2 in November.

I gave birth to DD at the Mat Su hospital.  We had an awesome OB in Palmer, but we've agreed no sense in driving that far this time.

Curious as to which hospital ya'll think is better - AK Regional or Providence.

Whoops - got a little long winded, but glad to meet ya'all! 

March 21, I find out how far along we are. :)
  • Options
    we've been here about 3 years. I'm excited about having our first. We are using the base hospital. but i want to go to one of the downtown hospitals for different ultrasounds like 3D and maybe 4D. any suggestions?
  • Options
    We've been up here about 3 years now and only have 1 year left. I have a couple of friends at work but not a whole lot outside of work. When are you due? Are you staying on base during your pregnancy?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"