I don't post on here often, but as my LO is starting to get older and I am beginning to think about baby #2 I hope I might be able to find some support from you ladies
I had my first LO 7 and 1/2 months ago, and had an unplanned csection. I had contractions for 3 days straight, less than 5 minutes apart, with very little dilating or progress. LO was sunny side up, and was causing my labor to progress inconsistently. I was determined to have a med free birth, but after 3 days of labor and progressing to 7 cm's. my LO's heart rate started to drop really low and nothing was helping to bring it back up so I ended up having an unplanned csection. I had a lot of complications (an illeus (surgery paralyzed my intestines temporarily), bad reactions to the medicines and spinal, bad reaction to the pain meds that caused me to throw up to much they almost put a GI tube in me to stop it, I was allergic to my internal stitches and ended up with open sores along my incision for several weeks, and I got MRSA from being in the hospital so long. I am very determined to have a VBAC the second time around.
I'm wondering - for those of you who were successful in having a VBAC, how long did you wait to TTC? I'm considering TTC when my LO is a year old, but I'm worried that it won't be long enough and doctor's will want me to have a RCS. My doctor said I should wait 18 months, but I am planning on switching doctors before TTC due to difference of opinions on VBACs, and I'm not sure if her suggestion is the norm. Thanks for any insight you might have