February 2013 Moms

I want to do a positivity post...

...but I'd rather whine today.  So I guess I'll combine the two.

Good - I'm feeling pretty decent for being overdue.  My SPD isn't nearly as bad as it was at this point with DD and I'm not feeling a lot of back pain and cramping today.  My only real discomfort is exhaustion from not sleeping last night.

Bad - I've had three people call me already today and I've only been awake for a little over four hours.  One person asked me if I am going to have the baby this weekend because they need to plan whether or not to come home.  Ummmmm......if I knew when I was having the baby I would let everyone know so they stopped bothering me, believe me!  The other two calls were even more annoying because people are just wondering if I'm feeling any new signs or symptoms.  Seriously.  Just stop, people.  The phone is now off for the rest of the day.

Anyone else like to share their good and bad notes for the day.

DS1 - 8/07           DD2 - 2/13           DD1 - 3/11          DS2 - 1/09 

Re: I want to do a positivity post...

• The Good:

I feel physcially fine. Baby is moving well.

The Bad:

I'm an emotional mess. Stop asking me how I'm feeling...FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY. I'm still pregnant, how would you feel? No I haven't gone into labor just because I called you, mother. You didn't answer your phone and when you called me back I was already back at work. This does not mean that I've gone into labor!!! Please don't call DH and MY BOSS to ask if I'm ok.

Also, stop asking me why I haven't give birth yet! I'm not due for 10 more days and no matter how much I want to be in labor..I'M NOT.

Thanks adamwife...I needed that vent...

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Photobucket
  • The good: had my 40 week check up today, baby is doing great and I feel fine..PLUS i only have 2 days of work left!

The bad: membrane sweep today, again...enough said. AND Please stop asking me when the baby is going to get here...HmmM let me consult my crystal ball..FFS

I feel better now too :D 

• Ugh, I would be so annoyed at the phone calls - especially ONE DAY after your due date! How ridiculous lol 

The good: Thanks to nesting, my apartment is cleaner now than it's been since I moved in - possibly even cleaner than then. I'm not a very tidy person, unfortunately, so I am loving my living space right now! :) Also, baby can come any time he wants, as I have had everything I really need for him for about a week now (yep, procrastinator lol) 

The bad: I am seriously dreading those first few months of my PP body. I know that's vain beyond vain, but for someone who started just getting stretch marks at 34 weeks, I. am. covered. I also weigh more now than I ever have in my life - up about 25 lbs, roughly. I had a pretty "cute" body before, so I'm just hoping I can get back to something remotely similar to that eventually Tongue Tied At least I never really liked bikinis, right? 

The ugly: (TMI warning) For the first time this pregnancy, I am seriously constipated. Like, *ouch* constipated. Like... baby is sitting on my intestines as such that it hurts to freaking move even a little bit constipated. Gross lol

Pregnancy Ticker
  • The good:  DH is great.  He tries to help, and he is working and taking care of a lot around here too.  I have heard of some horror stories of husbands on TB, and I am so thankful for him.  He knows I would rather have a fountain Diet Mt Dew than a rose.  He got me a LARGE chocolate covered cherry cheesecake blizzard from DQ, because I had a bad day yesterday, and he felt a small wouldn't have done the job : )

The bad: DH can not multi task or function well with less than 8 hours of sleep.  HE is a walking zombie, when the longest stretch of sleep I get is 3 hours.  Giving DS a bottle at 11 or 11:30pm is killing him...get over it.  I am BFing all day and night!

photo 997d7ce2-9f44-4a90-b78f-0ddf5f488d41_zps82d963f4.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The good: dh went into work a little late this morning so I could sleep until 8:30. It was glorious and my back isn't killing me.

The bad: I feel so horrible saying this, but my Grandma passed away yesterday so my family is on their way to the funeral. I'm upset thinking about them not being here to meet the new baby and I feel really selfish for feeling that way. I'm trying to keep the baby in now until they get back next week. 

• image lylahlove:

The bad: I feel so horrible saying this, but my Grandma passed away yesterday so my family is on their way to the funeral. I'm upset thinking about them not being here to meet the new baby and I feel really selfish for feeling that way. I'm trying to keep the baby in now until they get back next week. 

I'm so sorry for your loss :(

• Oh good I need this too!

Good: my baby is very active and my pregnancy continues to be uneventful and surprise free. Also, I have recovered very nicely and quickly from the Bells Palsy I got about a month ago. So happy about that.

Bad: my baby is very active and has recently found a nerve that may be my sciatic nerve because it runs down my bug to my leg, but it doesn't quite feel the same. I also feel like I was kicked by a horse in my pubic area, and am constantly getting fun little contractions that hurt a lot but never get regular. On top of that, I have a very creative husband who has been making art "before it's too late" and his stuff is EVERYWHERE. If I could throw everything in a bag and toss it, I would. I miss tidy counters and tables so much.
    BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers image From the poster formally known as mghalpert
  • The good: I feel good and have the energy to do stuff. I haven't been (painfully) constipated lately and I have been sleeping through the night. Also, we made it past valentines day without baby coming out. I didn't want her to have a feb 14th birthday.

The bad: I am getting bored and I just want this baby here. There are only so many new tasks I can invent for my to-do list. 3 days overdue and many texts have come in. It isn't so bad hearing from people, but there are other things I want to talk about besides babe's late arrival. The moment I respond that the baby isn't here, they just disappear from the conversation.

The funny: I made DH 4 fortune cookies for valentines day and he ate the first one and liked it! While he was eating it, I swear I saw a piece of paper slip in his mouth. But then I thought, *no, he knows they are fortune cookies. he probably already pulled the paper out!* A few hours later, he goes in for a second fortune cookie and as he bites it, he says "oh, there really IS a fortune in here!" ...

... he ate the first fortune. Indifferent  He did mention that the first one had a slight papery texture to it.  Now, he has one left, and then we can figure out which fortune he gobbled up.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • image Magnum13:
    Also, I have recovered very nicely and quickly from the Bells Palsy I got about a month ago. So happy about that.

I am so happy to hear this.  I have been thinking about you a lot lately and wondering how you were doing!

• image ohlordy:

The funny: I made DH 4 fortune cookies for valentines day and he ate the first one and liked it! While he was eating it, I swear I saw a piece of paper slip in his mouth. But then I thought, *no, he knows they are fortune cookies. he probably already pulled the paper out!* A few hours later, he goes in for a second fortune cookie and as he bites it, he says "oh, there really IS a fortune in here!" ...

... he ate the first fortune. Indifferent  He did mention that the first one had a slight papery texture to it.  Now, he has one left, and then we can figure out which fortune he gobbled up.

Ok, this seriously made me LOL. hahaha 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Good - Baby wasn't born on Valentine's Day as DH feared she would be. My ML should take me into mid-April at this point, so I will be going back when the weather's better. LO could be two different horoscope signs at this point (not that I'm really into that stuff, but it will be interesting to see which one she ends up being). I probably have time to crochet at least one more item of clothing for her before she arrives.

Bad- I feel like people are pitying me because I'm past my due date and it's annoying. Also, most everything hurts at this point, so that sucks. I REALLY don't want an induction next Thursday, so I hope LO decides to make her appearance this weekend. 

Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • Bad - I am so tired!!!!

Good - I'm tired because I have low iron and I started taking supplements Monday night so I should be better soon...

Bad - I have so much to do.

Good - I organized all our dresser drawers including baby's stuff yesterday.

Bad - I'm lying around watching The Rockford Files and playing Sims3

Good - I like it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Good: I've been on maternity leave for 3 weeks so I finally had time to do prepare for the baby. I've also had time to call and chat with family members that I hadn't spoken with in awhile, it has been so nice to have all this time.

Bad: Aside from the usual discomforts, feeling kinda lonely at home! Not used to being by myself all day, talking to the cats. Everyone I know around here works in the day. I have quite a few family members that don't work or are retired, but they are all in my hometown 4 hours away, I wish I could just pop over to grandma's house for lunch sometimes. And I miss my friends at work, but they are an hour away. I already signed up for an FTM support group that starts in late-March and I am really looking forward to meeting local FTM's.

Pregnancy Ticker
    20120611-154610-DSC_5742 imageimage
  • The good: Rory and I are doing pretty well BFing and he's been generally an easy-going baby. Plus he's so darn cute I can't stand it sometimes.

The bad: He was cluster feeding all night and into this morning. I got really overwhelmed and started to cry and DH had to take him on a little car ride to calm him down and give me a break.

The weird: I was happy to have that little break for a little bit, but then I got super weepy because I missed my baby! 

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• The good? I'm having home made chocolate ice cream tonight :)

the bad? Good lord. Sore throat. Runny nose. Bowel pain. Exhaustion. I need a shower BAD but I'm sooo lazy. I hobble around like an old lady. Hips ache. And more bowel pain.  

Oh and to top it all off my SIL is 3 weeks behind me and is so tiny and cute and has no aches and pains or whatever.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • The good: I have the most lovely little boy. He eats well, sleeps well, and his happy. Plus he clearly takes pity on his parents, who are still figuring some things out, like diapering and bathing.

the bad: I had an allergic reaction to surgical tape on my back so I can't sit without being itchy, I got a bladder infection so it hurts to pee and NOW, I think my episiotomy stitch popped so I have to go to the drs today for a check up.

All great reasons to go natural next time. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The good: I had a sub in the fridge waiting for me for breakfast!! Not to mention cut and ready to go Kiwi. And I have my 39 week appointment today.

The bad: People have gone from one extreme to the other. I got mad at a few because 3 times a day (im not exaggerating) they were fb, or calling me to ask if I had the baby yet (all people on the call list) or if I was having symptoms, one going to far as to ask my discharge levels (eww). Now no one calls or talks to me and when I call they do the basics to be polite and make a snide comment about since the baby is an off limits topic they don't feel like talking. T.T 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • The Good:  had a BPP yesterday and baby girl looks great- she got a perfect score.  Also good- my boss "ordered" me to take the day off today and relax= a "free day off" and Monday is a holiday, so 4 day weekend to spend here with my mom, son, and DH.

The Bad- have had a headache for 3 days now (had labs and spent the day in L&D yesterday to be evaluated for pre-e which was negative.)  I'm so sore, tired, cranky, etc, but trying desperately to make peace with things.  Have my next apt on Tuesday where we will "make a plan" for induction. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The good: I slept for a solid 4 hour stretch last night without waking up and I feel pretty good today. Also my 5, 3 , and 1 year old boys are behaving sooooo well and helping around the house. 

The bad: pretty bad sciatica and I am EXTREMELY emotional....I cry at the drop of a hat! Also getting sick of the calls asking why my fourth child won't make her appearance! :) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." - Dr. Seuss
                         Mom to 3 wonderful boys( 6, 4, 20 months), and one little lady ( born 2/17).
  • image lylahlove:

I'm so sorry. :( 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Good: Today was my last day of work! I am officially on maternity leave!

My sister has access to a car, so she will be able to come and help out during the birth.

Bad: I had something planned for dinner, but I have no idea where the recipe is so either I am going to have to wing it or find a recipe to replace it.