Trouble TTC
Options

"curved cervix"?

I knew there was an issue doing my HSG... the doctor needed to clamp it and push pretty firmly. Today I had my first IUI and RE said, "Wow, your cervix has a significant curve"! She also had to clamp it... it was very painful and took a lot longer than expected. (I'm having some decent spotting, too) But everything went well.
I've never heard of someone having a curved cervix - anyone else been told that theirs is or have any info? Just curious! Thanks ladies.
TTC#2 Since July 2011
Me: 29, had two blocked tubes - left was cleared during lap, right was unable to be cleared. PCOS & Stage 2 Endo. DH: 32, SA = perfect
CLOMID: 4 rounds, 50mg + TI = BFN's. FEMARA: 1 round = no response
12-24-2012 : Laparoscopy, Softball sized cyst/endo/scar tissue removed.
Cycle #14 - Feb 2013 : 50mg clomid. Ovidrel Trigger. IUI on 2/14/13 = thin lining, multiple cysts.
Cycle #15 - no meds, still have cysts, no follicles. Boo!
Forced break. Continuous BCP for 6 weeks to give my jacked up ovaries a break.
Cycle #16 actively trying (May/June): Femara, TI = BFN
Cycle #17- #20 - Med/Treatment break, trying on our own = BFN's all around.
Cycle #21 - Femara, MORE Femara, Ovidrel and a Christmas IUI = BFN
MY BLOG -- About DD, TTC and everything in between!

Re: "curved cervix"?

• Options

I have a curved cervix.  Like you my doc had a terrible time getting the catheter in for my HSG (I attribute most of my pain and the severe cramping I had afterwards to this) and I spotted for 2 or 3 days afterwards.  My IUI was a little better, maybe only took 3 or 4 tries to get the catheter in, just a few cramps during and after the procedure, and I only spotted for a day.

From what I read, a curved cervix doesn't cause any fertility issues, it just makes treatments like IUIs a little more difficult.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    Hm, would this be the same thing as a tilted cervix?  My dr said mine is tilted very forward.  I have my HSG coming up.. and want to be prepared if it's going to be a little more painful!

TTC since March 2012
    DX: MFI (4% motility)

Cycle 13: Natural cycle w/ HSG test = BFP
    Identical twins! 
    Lost my angel boys at 10.5 weeks

Cycle 14-16: Natural Cycles = BFN
    Cycle 17: Follistim + Trigger + IUI = BFN
    Cycle 18: Natural Cycle = BFN
    Cycle 19: Follistim + Trigger +IUI#2
    Polyp found: SIS 11/11 - hysteroscopy 11/14
    Cycle 20: Follistim + IUI#2 = BFFN
    Cycle 21: Follistim (adj. dosage) + IUI#3 TI  = BFN
    IUI cancelled due to weather
    Cycle 22: Follistim + IUI#3.1 = BFN

Cycle 23: treatment break, IVF consult
    Cycle 24 - 26: natural cycle w/ acupuncture + Chinese herbs = BFN
    Cycle 27: Follistim + IUI#4 = BFFN
    Natural Cycles until IVF
    Cycle 30: IVF#1 - Starting with Menopur + Follistim + Ganirelix
    17 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 5dt w/ 2 blasts, 5 frosties

Betas:  #1-156(9dp5dt), #2-1200(13dp5) #3-6112(17dp5)
    Ultrasound #1 10/6: 1 bean!
    TEAM BLUE!

My Chart
    ~~ALL WELCOME~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageky29:
    Hm, would this be the same thing as a tilted cervix?nbsp; My dr said mine is tilted very forward.nbsp; I have my HSG coming up.. and want to be prepared if it's going to be a little more painful!

I'm not sure they are the same I just wanted to chime in here and say mine is tilted and my hsg was crazy painful, but I don't know if that's why. though they've had to use different speculums from time to time, but did ok placing catheters.

Me-28, DH-22

TTC since July 2011

ovulation confirmed in blood test

progesterone blood test normal as well as thyroid

saline sonohysterogram all clear

DH SA shows excellent swimmers

Sept 2012,1st round of Clomid 12, 15, 18mm follies:BFN

Oct 2012, 2nd round of Clomid, one 19mm egg upping dosage 100mg clomid for November in hopes of doing IUI-BFN

November 18th 2012, IUI #1-BFN prescribed progesterone supplements for next cycle, monitoring appt Dec 12th.

December 14th- Missed ovulation, doing TI instead of IUI.-BFN

January 11th IUI #2-BFN

IUI #3-Feb 13th=BFP

beta#1 2/25 12dpiui 61

beta#2 2/27 14dpiui 141 progesterone 21.2
    Tumblr_mdrohiKqJK1rubhgfo1_1280 AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I have a very tilted uterus, giving my cervix an unexpected curve. I am not sure if that is the same thing you are dealing with. I had significant pain with getting an IUD in in the past and my doctor had a lot of trouble as well. My HSG was awful- tenaculums were used, it took multiple attempts to get the catheter in and the GYN doing it told me she was concerned it was "almost stenotic" since it was so difficult. 
    I had concerns about the IUI and brought them up to the RE who was very encouraging and felt that this issue can typically be minimized if they know about it from the get-go, so perhaps that was part of it today? 
    Good luck, I hope this IUI is it for you!

ETA: I will say though that my RE felt there was nothing stenotic about my cervix during the IUI, but he also knew exactly which way it was going to curve and expected it, so no curveball (haha, pun intended) there. 
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • Options

imageky29:
    Hm, would this be the same thing as a tilted cervix?  My dr said mine is tilted very forward.  I have my HSG coming up.. and want to be prepared if it's going to be a little more painful!

I think it is different.  I think a tilted cervix is straight, but tilts one direction or another.  A curved cervix instead of being straight actually has a curve in it.

This is just the impression I got from research, so take it for what it is.  I could be completely off base.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    Also MrsM, do you know if your RE used a soft or firm catheter for the IUI? My RE said part of the problem with a firm catheter is that since it can't really bend you have to make the cervix fit the catheter, vs with a soft catheter it just follows any angles or bends easily. 
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
  • Options

imagecurlylocks3:
    Also MrsM, do you know if your RE used a soft or firm catheter for the IUI? My RE said part of the problem with a firm catheter is that since it can't really bend you have to make the cervix fit the catheter, vs with a soft catheter it just follows any angles or bends easily. 

She didn't say and I didn't notice... I just asked H and he said it looked firm with a slightly curved tip, but he wasn't positive. She didn't do my HSG so I am guessing it was just a surprise this one time and should be easier if we need to do it again. She said that she was putting a note in my chart that I have "a significant curve that goes to the right" to make things go smoother next time! Thanks for all of the info!

TTC#2 Since July 2011
    Me: 29, had two blocked tubes - left was cleared during lap, right was unable to be cleared. PCOS & Stage 2 Endo. DH: 32, SA = perfect
    CLOMID: 4 rounds, 50mg + TI = BFN's. FEMARA: 1 round = no response
    12-24-2012 : Laparoscopy, Softball sized cyst/endo/scar tissue removed.
    Cycle #14 - Feb 2013 : 50mg clomid. Ovidrel Trigger. IUI on 2/14/13 = thin lining, multiple cysts.
    Cycle #15 - no meds, still have cysts, no follicles. Boo!
    Forced break. Continuous BCP for 6 weeks to give my jacked up ovaries a break.
    Cycle #16 actively trying (May/June): Femara, TI = BFN
    Cycle #17- #20 - Med/Treatment break, trying on our own = BFN's all around.
    Cycle #21 - Femara, MORE Femara, Ovidrel and a Christmas IUI = BFN
    MY BLOG -- About DD, TTC and everything in between!

• Options
    imageMrsM507:

imagecurlylocks3:

She didn't say and I didn't notice... I just asked H and he said it looked firm with a slightly curved tip, but he wasn't positive. She didn't do my HSG so I am guessing it was just a surprise this one time and should be easier if we need to do it again. She said that she was putting a note in my chart that I have "a significant curve that goes to the right" to make things go smoother next time! Thanks for all of the info!

No problem! Hopefully there won't be a next time, but if there is it sounds like your RE feels that having the info about it curving (and which direction) will make a difference! Good luck staying sane through the 2ww!
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
  • Options
    Yep! I was told that I have a little bit of a curve to my cervix.  When I got my HSG done I had to have my cervix clamped with a tenaculum too.  I definitely never want to feel that again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"