November 2012 Moms

How did you tell DH?

Since we are coming up on the one year anniversary of when we first found out we were pregnant, let's reminisce a bit. How did you tell your DH you were expecting?

I was about 3-4 weeks along when I found out. I had DH hold out his hand and put a poppy seed in it. He was pretty puzzled, but then was so happy when I told him that was how big our baby was. It makes me grin just thinking about it. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How did you tell DH?

• He came home from work and as soon as he walked  in I said "sit down, we need to talk" I was still in total shock.

After I told him, he went to the bathroom, pulled out another test and made me take it again just to make sure. 

Then the giddiness kicked in.

• Aw this makes me feel all sappy! I love the poppyseed thing!!! We also got pregnant within a few weeks of deciding to try. But I took a negative test, and had some bleeding so figured we weren't pregnant. Well, turns out it was implantation bleeding. I took a test while DH was at work first thing in the morning and it was positive. I laughed and cried and prayed(to say thank you) =)

I bought a giraffe blanket and tied the positive test to it. As soon as he got home I handed it to him. He said, "you're going to be a mommy?" It was an awesome night.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagegnomemom:

Since we are coming up on the one year anniversary of when we first found out we were pregnant, let's reminisce a bit. How did you tell your DH you were expecting?

I was about 3-4 weeks along when I found out. I had DH hold out his hand and put a poppy seed in it. He was pretty puzzled, but then was so happy when I told him that was how big our baby was. It makes me grin just thinking about it. 

This is so cute! I'll admit it made me choke up a bit!

We had been through a loss about four months before so we didn't want to get too ahead of ourselves.

We took three tests and then just smiled and cried and danced around. It was like a freakin' movie, haha.

• Aww you guys have cute stories!

DH and I found out together. Two weeks after the embryo transfer we went to the IVF clinic for a blood draw and appointment. The doctor told us then that we were pregnant. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I took some tests but couldn't tell if they positive or not, I would send pictures of the sticks to DH and he would say "of course they're positive" but I couldn't believe it. So I did a blood test, when i got the result I told DH: "remember when we weren't sure if I was pregnant?". 
  • We had been TTC since the new year, but for some reason I was convinced I wasn't pregnant. The day before I had some cramps and was just waiting for AF.  DH said if I took a test he would go grocery shopping with me. It was positive. We were shocked and thrilled and we celebrated with some grocery shopping. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

photo 9c28f28c-5aae-4b20-8f02-ea27ec37f516_zpsdaed06b5.jpg
  • After two losses and almost a year of trying, I took a test that morning.  When it came up positive, I call my Dr.'s office first to make an appointment for blood work.  After I made the appointment I called DH at work by saying, "I took a test this morning, it was positive.  I got my bood drawn this morning and we'll know tomorrow if it's good news."  We didn't let ourselves get excited till we saw our little "dot" on the ultrasound two weeks later.

TTC #1 since 3/11

BFP #1 5/4/11 EDD 1/12/12 natural m/c 5/17/11

BFP #2 8/9/11 EDD 4/18/12 ectopic pregnancy (methotrexate) 8/24/11 ruptured tube and removal 8/29/11

BFP #3 3/9/12 EDD 11/19/12 Logan born 11/18/12

BFP #4 10/21/14 EDD 6/30/15

~*~*Everyone Welcome*~*~
  • I woke him up by waving two positive pee sticks in his face. He was, to say the least, not happy. By the end of the day we were both happy about it though. Definitely a huge surprise since I had been on the pill for years. Best surprise ever!
  • imagesnowflake91011:
    I took a test on St. Patrick's Day and H was in Vegas with his friends. The test was so faint I needed to run to my mom's to see if she saw a line so I called him and said "I might be pregnant but I'm not sure!" I wanted to tell him before anyone else!

HA! My DH was in Vegas the weekend I told him.

Actually I had a sneaking suspicion that I was pregs so I took a test on Wednesday. It was positive. So I made an appointment for my doctor on Friday morning to confirm. So as I was driving to my appointment, DH was driving to the airport for his buddy Vegas bach party!

Doctor confirmed baby and I made our dog a sweater (we're obsessed with our dogs) that said "FUTURE BIG BROTHER". When DH came home on SUNDAY (yes... i waited all weekend. I was so nervous he would tell his friends!!!), our pup met him at the door. After a weekend in Vegas all he could say was "Really?" :)

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love reading this thread :)

DH and I had also been trying since the new year, and it was a little early to test (like, 3-4 days before I expected my AF) but it was our 5 year anniversary that day. SO I wanted to test. I POAS and when I got the results I went into our bedroom, got in DH's face (he was still sleeping) and I whispered, "I think I see a line!" His eyes whipped open and we both ran to the bathroom. Then we hugged for a really really long time. Loved every moment :)

• I POAS while we were both getting ready for work one morning. I immediately saw a faint line, but didn't say anything.. Instead I had DH look at the test after waiting the 3 minutes. He goes "nope, not pregnant". Confused because I could see the bright line from accross the bathroom, I asked if he was sure. He said "isn't there supposed to be a plus sign?" I said "no, there are supposed to be 2 lines that look exactly like that". There was hugging, a little crying, and then we both went to work.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• We always took tests together. We were in Vegas when we found out. I took the test and we sat and watched the digital turn positive :
  • We had been trying for over a year.
    I had a faint that was too faint to know for sure, so the next morning I took a test okay,I took a couple and was over the moon. I ran to the drug store over lunch and got a gift bag and card with baby feet on it, and a onesie I had bought in hopes we'd get pregnant someday.
    When I got home from work I woke him from a nap and gave him the bag. He looked confused as he opened it and his eyes filled with tears as he realized and just said "seriously??"
  • I was late but was going to wait a couple more days to take a test. But then the episode of The Office where Jim and Pam find out they were pregnant was on. I took it as a sign and it was positive. DH was in the shower so I asked him if he was almost done.. he was no where close. I stood outside the door til I heard the water shut off and told him he needed to see something upstairs. I couldn't wait for him to get dressed. He didn't know what to think when I showed him the test. We were thrilled. It was St. Pattys Day and we were hosting a party so I had to pretend to drink to avoid suspicion for a while!
    Untitled Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We found out in early May.  Yup, May.

I have PCOS and lost an ovary in my teens, so my periods had never been regular.  I had what I believed to be a period in March, and some weird bleeding in April.  I wasn't feeling well throughout most of April and thought it was weird I hadn't kicked my flu that I had in March yet.  FI (then BF of a few months) bought a test and brought it home for me to take, just to put our minds at ease.  I wasn't late, per se, since it's not uncommon for me to go 6-8 months without AF.  Obviously, it didn't put our minds at ease, and I spent an hour in the bathroom sobbing and telling BF to go away.  Going off my "LMP", I was due December 19th... until we went for the first sonogram and I was 17 weeks, not 12!

Looking back, it seems so silly how upset I was or that I ever didn't want kids.  I can't imagine my life without S or FI.  Some days, it's hard to even remember what my life was like before I was Mommy.  It's the greatest thing I have ever accomplished, being a good mom and partner.  Heck, we might even have another one soon.  ON PURPOSE!

• I had been feeling "off" for a few weeks, and the week prior peed on a stick and got a negative. Since I was still feeling weird and still no AF I bought another one and when that one had a positive I went into the living room and just said "welp, it looks like we got pregnant right away" ::we had literally just gone off the pill and weren't expecting it to happen so soon::
    050 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • FIhad already left for work when I woke up and decided to POAS...I was already 2 weeks late but in semi denial because I was sure we missed our window that month well it was positive I waited for FI to get home from work and showed him the stick...we were psyched! 
  • DH and I were doing last minute packing late the night before a vacation to Arizona... which, needless to say, was creating a little tension bewteen us. AF was late, and just wanted to confirm that I wasn't preggo before we went hot tubbing and drinking. I escaped into the bathroon to POAS.... when that line came up, a shock went through my body!

DH pops his head into the bathroom to continue our argument. I held up the stick, and the argument was forgotten. The look on his face was priceless. I started sobbing something about my life being over... I wasnt quite ready for it, but, of course, R is here at the perfect time and my life is not over.

I am so thankful DH was so supportive and excited from the first second, even when I was terrified. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic< br> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I Poas one morning before work. I let the dog out while I waited, went back and there was a super faint line. I didn't know if it was really there. I couldn't wait until dh got home to say something, so I called him at work and said I might be pregnant. I showed him the test that night and he saw a line too, but I woke up with him the next morning to take another to make sure. It showed up within a minute. I told dh as soon as I saw the second line show up. He goes "isn't it supposed to take 3 minutes?" Lol We were in shock but excited, we had been letting nature take its course for 13 months before our bfp.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I waited until the middle of April to actually POAS, so I guess I was already 7 weeks along. I had been telling DH for weeks that I was pregnant, but I couldn't bring myself to actually make it official. Anyway, I took two tests and left them out where he would see them when he got back from a work function. I think we were more like, oh shiit, than anything. Our one night of, let's just see what happens, is now our little drool factory!

image   My chart 

• DH was in New Orleans on a business trip when I found out. We had been actively trying for 3 months (after not trying but not preventing for a few months). The previous month (Feb) I was 3 days late. I am NEVER late...was convinced this was it and took test only to be disappointed again. I SWORE if I was late again I wouldn't take a test till 7 days late. 

Fast forward to March. I came home from work feeling sick one Friday... Then realized my boobs hurt something fierce. Thought it was AF and thought God---haven't been this PMSy since HS. When I woke in AM at 5:30 I still felt crampy and gross. Then realized I was a day late. Forced myself back to sleep---didn't want to test for another 6 days....didn't make it another 5 minutes! 

POAS and saw the digital positive pop up almost immediately! I sat on bathroom floor and cried. Then ran out to the store and bought an I Love Daddy sleeper, an expectant father book, and a baby names book. Wrapped it up and gave it to DH when he got home from airport. Told him exactly a year ago he had surprised me with an engagement ring, so this was a surprise engagement anniversary gift. 

We both sobbed when he opened it! 

IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Wow, you ladies who were two weeks late have WAY more self control than I do!

We found out on St.Paddy's day... I was eleven DPO.

I was suspicious because only one of my boobs was sore.  We were going to a party, so even though I thought it was too early to tell, I tested 'cause I didn't want to drink if I was pregnant.  SO works third shift, so he was still at work when I tested at 6AM (FMU and all).  When I saw the faint line, I said out loud "Holy flucking sh!t, I'm pregnant" (gonna love telling L that one some day).  When SO got home about an hour later I silently dragged him to the bathroom and held up the test strip.  He looked at it and said "I don't know what this means," to which I responded "I'm pregnant!"  We spent the weekend visiting friends and family, and it was SO HARD to keep it a secret.

kids with flags
  • Mine is super boring. I just told him I missed my period and poas. He thought I was kidding at first, but I made him look at it. OH, it was his birthday. That definitely counts for something!
    V|V TSP V|V
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We had been trying since Dec. but it seemed like a lot longer (as some of you know, TTGPAL is super stressful). I got up in the morning to test exactly 2 weeks past ovulation (DH still in bed) and when I saw the BFP, I got an instant huge smile off my face. I burst into the room and showed the stick, and my big grin, to DH and we both hugged and laid in bed awhile talking about it. (Nervous, scared, elated and overjoyed... all at once.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"