TTC after 35

I don't think I am going to get my birthday wish. :(

My temp is the highest it has ever been today at 15 DPO. I practically danced out of bed I was so excited!

I have been feeling crampy for 2 days with absolutely NO sign on AF..until today.  I think I just saw some color on the TP.  Crying

I understand I am old.  I accept that I have some IF issues.  But SERIOUSLY??? My chart has to get my hopes up SO high I might not survive the crash?  Not fair.

Me: 40 Dh: 41, TTC since August 2009, began Acupuncture and Herbs Sept 2011, began Temping and Charting Nov 2011. image

Re: I don't think I am going to get my birthday wish. :(

• Siggy Warning

I am so sorry, Llama.  I have been chart stalking you as well, and my heart sank the other day when your temp dipped.  I rejoiced when it went beack up.  I'm hoping and praying for you.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Oh I hope you are wrong :( but i am really sorry if you're right.

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

• I too have been chart stalking. I hope your wrong, your chart looks fabulous !!
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar

Me 42, DH 34 - TTC #1 since June 2012.
    9/12 3-day testing: TSH 3.76, T4 Free 1.1, LH 6.1, FSH 7.4, Prolactin 9.0, Estradiol 56. 12/12 HSG done & my tubes are clear!! 1/22/13 3-day testing: TSH 6.2, FSH 7.7, AMH 0.86, Estradiol 54, Prolactin 10.5. Thyroid almost doubled (hmmm), started Synthroid 2/4/13 and also 15,000 of Vit D 1/wk. 2/26/13 RE says I am in great shape, but DH has MFI - extremly low count along with morphology & motility issues. RE said IUI would be a waste, that IVF with ICSI is what he thinks we should do. Insurance does not cover IVF.... :(
  • I'm still holding hope for a happy birthday surprise for you!
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Sorry Llama :(

ME:46 MH:43 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957

image image 
         image   imageimage

• Very light spotting now.  It looks like AF is on the way...but why is my temp so high?  I have looked at pages of similar charts on FF today--all of them have after O temps rising steadily like mine.  Not one of them has a rise and AF on the same day.  Confused That little speck of hope is making me google every possible PG story involving high temps and spotting at 15 DPO.  I can't get it out of my head--may as well obsess right? 
    Me: 40 Dh: 41, TTC since August 2009, began Acupuncture and Herbs Sept 2011, began Temping and Charting Nov 2011. image
  • Until you are 100% sure it's AF I say obsess awayWink

I'm pulling for ya!!!

Me 39 & suspected PCOS, DH 42. Went off BCP when we got married in 11/11, seriously TTC since 3/12.  Six cycles of clomid = BFNs.  Suspected endometriosis & HSG showed both tubes blocked.  Sept 2013 IVF 5D transfer of two perfect embryos = BFN.  Started acupuncture and taking time off to drop some pounds & get healthier before FET in April 2014.
  • Llama,

I so hope that you are wrong. Your chart is beautiful. I will carry the flame of optimism. I hope that there is no crash from your high hopes. You deserve a birthday BFP!!!  

• Ticker warning...

I am holding out hope for you and sending hugs your way! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Two days before I got my BFP I had bad cramping and also spotting and I was sure AF was on its way. I remember crying in the bathroom at work. AF never came so I tested 2 days later and gotten BFP. So you never know...

• image *sparky*:
    Two days before I got my BFP I had bad cramping and also spotting and I was sure AF was on its way. I remember crying in the bathroom at work. AF never came so I tested 2 days later and gotten BFP. So you never know...

I would take back all the bad things I have said to the Universe over the last 3.5 yrs if I can follow in your footsteps.  :)  Thanks for the glimmer of hope.  

Spotting is still very light but much more noticeable.  :(  I hope it stays light and goes away all together soon.  I want to be one of those PG stories!

• image robbensm:

Until you are 100% sure it's AF I say obsess awayWink

I'm pulling for ya!!!

This EXACTLY!!! Super cheering for you!!!!

Me = 39 DH = 50 TTC (since 01/2009 after a short break, I stopped counting *cycles* in 2010)
    DX 2010 : Unknown Infertility , AMA
    HSG 2005 = Normal / HSG 2010 = Normal
    SA 2005 = Normal / SA 2010 /2012 = Slightly low count : motility, morphology GREAT!
    Chromosomal analysis, MTHFR, ANA's, Lupus, Protein C, Protein S, APCR = Normal 2011

M/C : 2005 (7wk), 2010 (6wk), 2011 (7wk)

8 IUI's 2010-2011 all BFN

IVF/ICSI antagonist 01/2012 #1 = BFN

IVF/ICSI antagonist long 06/2012 #2 = BFN

IVF/ICSI/CGH MDLF New Clinic/New RE 11/2012 #3 = One beautiful boy blasty frozen PGS normal

IVF/ICSI/CGH MDLF 02/2013 #4 = One more beautiful boy blasty frozen PGS normal

FET 6/20 : One 5AA PGS normal transferred Beta 1 6/28 = 53.9 / Beta 2 7/1 = 220 / Beta 3 7/3 = 550!

1 U/S  6w3d - Heartbeat 119 /  2 U/S - 7w5d- Heartbeat 169 / 3 U/S (OB) 8w5d - Heartbeat still great!

Baby G welcomed into the world 3/7/2014

SAIF / PAIF always welcome ****

• Wishing the best for you, Llama.  Fingers and toes crossed! 
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
  • I'm so sorry.  I was hoping for a bday bfp as well.  My temp was higher than usual for the past week, I thought I had some implantation cramping, then BAM my period started the day before my birthday.  It's so unfair.  I wish we didn't have to go through any of this.  Such a rollercoaster getting your hopes up then crashing back down.

At this point, to try to stay positive, I am telling myself that I could still get pregnant in my birthday month, I would just get the bfp the month after.  I know it's grasping, but it's all I've got.  Great big hugs to you and hey, if your temps stay high maybe you could just be having implantation bleeding?

My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Chart

Me:40, DH:39 First miscarriage, age 19, 1992. Lost twin pregnancy resulting in D&C, age 38, 2011. Blighted ovum resulting in D&C, age 39, 2012. Natural miscarriage, age 39, 2012. Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. Still hoping for a healthy pregnancy.