October 2012 Moms

since we're being judgey

I don't consider a D.O. to be a legitimate medical doctor, and I often wonder what prompts someone to pursue such a useless degree.

Re: since we're being judgey

• Is this a ff post? I judge the hell out of bad baby names.
    Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• image Mrs.G123:
    Is this a ff post? I judge the hell out of bad baby names.

Define bad?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Furbabies Hayley and Charlie~Kayden~Angels Lucas, Serena, and Ana
    BFP#2 (5/27/2013) - EDD (2/3/2014) - Twins - MMC 7/3/2013 - D&C 7/12/2013
    BFP#3 (9/24/2013) - EDD (6/7/2014) - Natural MC (10/5/2013)
    BFP#4 (12/24/2013) - EDD (9/6/2014) - Please be our Rainbow!
    Beta #1 51 11 dpo ~ Beta#2 450 15 dpo ~ Beta #3 1445 18 dpo
    GIFSoup

• Fabricated, misspelled, mushedtogether, etc.
    Birthday

• Ok I don't like those either.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Furbabies Hayley and Charlie~Kayden~Angels Lucas, Serena, and Ana
    BFP#2 (5/27/2013) - EDD (2/3/2014) - Twins - MMC 7/3/2013 - D&C 7/12/2013
    BFP#3 (9/24/2013) - EDD (6/7/2014) - Natural MC (10/5/2013)
    BFP#4 (12/24/2013) - EDD (9/6/2014) - Please be our Rainbow!
    Beta #1 51 11 dpo ~ Beta#2 450 15 dpo ~ Beta #3 1445 18 dpo
    GIFSoup

• image Mrs.G123:
    Fabricated, misspelled, mushedtogether, etc.

With unnecessary 'y's and 'n's?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Oh I agree about the baby names.
  • I didnt even know what opeopathy is. I still dont understand after looking up the definition is this like holistic stuff?
    MurphyBearsMom Blog
    Born: October 9th, 2012
    Baby Girl, Audrey Elena

• image mbm1983:
    I didnt even know what opeopathy is. I still dont understand after looking up the definition is this like holistic stuff?

Yes
  • I think that the acronym FML is ridiculous and unnecessarily dramatic.

ETA: and I judge those who use it.

=BFP#1 11/2009, It's a boy! 3/2010, Our Angel Ian born sleeping 7/3/2010 (cord accident 37w5d); BFP#2 1/2011, mmc confirmed 2/24/2011, incomplete natural mc so had D&C 3/11/2011; BFP#3 6/19/2011, natural mc 6/21/2011; BFP#4 7/15/2011, no hb at 7w5d, D&C 9/7/2011; BFP#5 2/6/2012, baby boy born on 9/27/2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • My primary care doctor is a DO. She came recommended to me via a doctor friend and I've never had an issue. That said, I've only seen her for things like asthma attacks and sinus infections. I'd never know the difference if my friend hasn't told me.

• image carrotsoup70:
    I think that the acronym FML is ridiculous and unnecessarily dramatic.

Uh oh. Guilty as charged.
    Birthday

• image LauraT25:
    image mbm1983:
    I didnt even know what opeopathy is. I still dont understand after looking up the definition is this like holistic stuff?

Yes

Then they might as well have a doctorate in underwater basketweaving. Useless.

I actually think these type of doctors borderline scam artists.
    MurphyBearsMom Blog
    Baby Girl, Audrey Elena

• image RVASC811:
    image Mrs.G123:
    Fabricated, misspelled, mushedtogether, etc.

With unnecessary 'y's and 'n's?

My kid's name is Nnatiquiallieyii. Pronounced 'Natalie' obviously! The 'q' is silent. Duh! I don't understand how people don't see this!

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Oct Angel Babies
  • image mbm1983:
    image LauraT25:
    image mbm1983:
    Yes
    Then they might as well have a doctorate in underwater basketweaving. Useless. I actually think these type of doctors borderline scam artists.

DO's go thru medical school and actually have additional training for the holistic part.

That being said - I apply the bolded sentence to chiropractors.

Are we having UO a day early?Surprise

=BFP#1 11/2009, It's a boy! 3/2010, Our Angel Ian born sleeping 7/3/2010 (cord accident 37w5d); BFP#2 1/2011, mmc confirmed 2/24/2011, incomplete natural mc so had D&C 3/11/2011; BFP#3 6/19/2011, natural mc 6/21/2011; BFP#4 7/15/2011, no hb at 7w5d, D&C 9/7/2011; BFP#5 2/6/2012, baby boy born on 9/27/2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • image Mrs.G123:
    image carrotsoup70:
    I think that the acronym FML is ridiculous and unnecessarily dramatic.
    Uh oh. Guilty as charged.

Yes - but you think people are assssssholes for not vaccinating so you are forgiven.

• I wasn't planning on making it UO, but feel free :
  • Perhaps it is carrot!
    MurphyBearsMom Blog
    Baby Girl, Audrey Elena

• image carrotsoup:
    DO's go thru medical school and actually have additional training for the holistic part.That being said I apply the bolded sentence to chiropractors. Are we having UO a day early?Surprise

Well, it's not the same medical school. I know a lot of people who didn't get into med school for an MD because of grades/MCAT scores and decided to become DOs instead. The 'extra training' isn't any more special than MDs have to get. But I agree, chiropractors are worse.
  • But if I do my UO now, what will I have for tomorrow?!

This is more of an FFC but I am taking Alice to a public pool on Friday. She loves the water, and I NEED to get out of the house.

Oct Angel Babies
  • Chiropractors. I hate the sound of cracking joints. Gives me the willies.
    MurphyBearsMom Blog
    Baby Girl, Audrey Elena

• image mrs.ike:
    But if I do my UO now, what will I have for tomorrow?! This is more of an FFC but I am taking Alice to a public pool on Friday. She loves the water, and I NEED to get out of the house.

This is why I never have good UOs or FFFCs, I just say what I am thinking regardless. 

I'm assuming this is an indoor pool?  Because otherwise that is really effing cold! 

• image mbm1983:
    Chiropractors. I hate the sound of cracking joints. Gives me the willies.
    My mom took me to the chiro when I was little.  It really creeped me out and it smelled funny.  I can't remember what he looked like; when I try to picture him I see Steve Buscemi. 
  • I used to work with a D.O... basically my understanding was they have leanings toward more holistic medicine.. great guy, very knowledgable, didn't seem much different than an M.D., had the same privilages.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic  

• image LauraT25:

image mrs.ike:
    But if I do my UO now, what will I have for tomorrow?!

This is more of an FFC but I am taking Alice to a public pool on Friday. She loves the water, and I NEED to get out of the house.

This is why I never have good UOs or FFFCs, I just say what I am thinking regardless. 

I'm assuming this is an indoor pool?  Because otherwise that is really effing cold! 

Yep, indoor pool. I am all for swimming when it starts to warm up, but 30 degrees is still a bit chilly! ;]

And I love you for always saying whats on your mind!

Oct Angel Babies
  • i used to hire hospitalist when i was an  hr director at a hospital and i get that its your UO and all but DO's do go to med school and take the same exam to be licensed as an MD. 

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/osteopath/an02093 ;

Are plastic surgeons not doctors because they handle botox and help change the way people look? 

PersonalMilestone
  • Yes. Im aware they went to med school. Like i said i literally JUST read the definition. The fact that they went to med school was part of that.

"Quack" still comes to mind when referring to a doctor who practices holistic medicine. Sorry i think they're crazycakes. I'm sure there are a lot of decent ones out there. But i'd hesitate going to any of them. Just my opinion.

MurphyBearsMom Blog
    Baby Girl, Audrey Elena

• Obviously i just don't fully buy into that type of medicine. And when i see desperate friends of mine spending tons of money on this kind of thing with no results, it makes me think they are being taken advantage of.
    MurphyBearsMom Blog
    Baby Girl, Audrey Elena

• First off, nonvaxing because of any nonmedical mumbo jumbo is douchetastic and irresponsible.

That said, I do think there is absolutely a place for Eastern or holistic medicine in one's life. However, one should also not poohpooh western meds. A healthy mix is a good thing. I don't think its good to be all NO MEDICINE SHALL EVER TOUCH MY KID!!!!!!!111 But by the same token I think people tend to be too quick to give kids antibiotics when they have a cold. JMO

Also, I am kind of exhausted and half asleep so I really hope this makes sense. LOL

Oct Angel Babies
  • No you make sense and i do agree. I'm just a skeptic i guess of the unconventional.
    MurphyBearsMom Blog
    Baby Girl, Audrey Elena

• I swear by my chiro...He's helped me over come chronic migraines, get rid of my neurologist, my debilitating drugs, and I never would have survived pregnancy or breastfeeding without him.  I think you need to find a good one of course just like with any doc or really, any specialized person.