Multiples

XP: If you've used the Miracle Blanket...

Any advice on how to make it fit a newborn? The girls are 4w old but still pretty small. The packaging says just to fold up the bottom part but it won't secure under the flaps you wrap around so their feet come out. We tried it with one of the girls last night and it still worked well, but she was completely un-swaddled on the bottom half of her body, so much that she could kick out.

Any suggestions?

Re: XP: If you've used the Miracle Blanket...

• We were able to get it secure. We had to wrap it around really tightly too though.

TTC since January 2009

May 2011: injectables + IUI#2= BFP!

beta 19dpiui=2,220

my two beautiful daughters born 1/6/2012 at 37w3d!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm not sure about this one specifically, but to get the regular swaddle blankets to fit we had to fold a receiving blanket in thirds, then wrap that around their arms/chest before we would put a swaddle blanket on them.  
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • We basically had to take that bottom flap with the curve and fold the curve to her belly, wrap it really tight and then tuck the bottom up into it so the feet were secured in the swaddle.  
  • We would take the top of the pocket and place it higher on the baby while the legs were in the pocket, then wrap tightly.
    Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

image image
    PAIF and SAIF welcome. IVF questions welcome, too.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Have you looked at swaddlepods Jessie? We got some from a friend who had a preemie baby and she said they worked better while her little guy was still small and the miracle blankets were too much fabric. Just an idea.

Did I miss a post with 1 month photos? I haven't seen your girls recently! Hope you're doing well with double trouble!

TTC since 3/4/2010
    Me: PCOS, DH: normal
    Started seeing RE 11/10/2011
    8/31/2012 = BFP!!
    First Ultrasound... TRIPLETS! EDD 5/11/13
    Baby w/ no HB @ 10w4d - We love you angel baby.
    Baby A & B doing great. A/S 12/10/12 - Healthy BOYS!
    Sawyer & Silas born at 33+6 on 3/29/13
    imageimage
    imageView Raw Image" height="250" width="375">

image"Lilypie">image