February 2013 Moms

Etta is here.

Hi ladies, 

Etta was born on February 11th. 6 lbs, 1 oz. She's adorable and labor was actually amazing and not nearly as scary/painful as I'd been anticipating. FTM, and labor was a relatively quick 6 hours, about 45 minutes of pushing. Doctor made a tiny little snip that required two stitches, but I've not had any pain/discomfort, even when using the restroom. 

Labor ended up going so quickly that we didn't have time for the epidural. I had previously been pretty positive that I would have one. When they said we didn't have time, I briefly panicked, but it was time to push, and to be honest, the worst part of labor was already over. Pushing/popping out Etta wasn't at all painful compared to the bigger contractions (which yes, just feel like really awful menstruation/constipation cramps), and I got through those by rationalizing that they can't last more than a minute or two...  

So just some reassurance for FTM's... it wasn't nearly as bad as I had built it up to be in my head. It was actually a pretty fantastic, positive experience. :)  

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Etta is here.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards