February 2013 Moms

Kellan Mark is here..long.

Ive been too lazy over the last 5 days to give an update on our baby boy.

Thursday, Feb. 7, I went to L and D at 1:30 pm with strong contractions. They seemed to be about 2 minutes apart, but when they admitted me I was having 6 every 8 minutes. Strong and fast. I was dilated to a 4 and completely effaced. An hour after getting there my water broke. Which was really gross by the way. I had an epidural with DD when they broke my water and I didnt feel any of it. I was not a fan of sitting there feeling like I was peeing all over myself. My nurse said I had a lot more fluid than most people do. After my water broke they just let me continue to progress on my own. I had an IV as I was GBS positive.

Around 8:30 pm i got an epidural. By 9 i was dilated to an 8. It didnt take long to realize the epidural wasnt doing its job. The only numb parts were my calves and ankles and the sides of my hips. They came and pulled the epidural catheter out a tiny bit saying it was probably just pushed in too far. My body went completely numb after that, up to my chest, for 10 minutes then it wore off almost immediately. My pubic bone started hurting like crazy, like someone was slowly cracking it. They said it was too late to do anything about the epidural.

At 10:30 pm I was to a 10, but baby was still not as low as he needed to be. I was in so much pain at that point that they decided to see what was causing the hold up. Baby boy was sunny side up, which explained why it had taken him twice as long as they thought it would to get to that point, and also the pain. He was too low to flip so MW just had me deliver him that way. The pain was not fun. I only pushed for 20 minutes though, compared to the almost 3 hours with DD, that seemed really quick.

At 11:50 pm, Kellan Mark was born. He weighed 8 lbs 12 oz and was 21 inches long. A big boy with soo much black hair. I wish I could post a pic, but I have never been able to. Hes a really good baby. Hes either happy or sleeping. He eats every 3 hours in the day and I wake him up twice a night, every 4 hours, to eat. DD was 3 months old before I was getting as much sleep as I am right now. Im so happy with the family I have and being a mom.

Today is my due date, and I am soo glad he is already here!
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: Kellan Mark is here..long.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"