3rd Trimester

Expectant Mother Parking Vent

2»

Re: Expectant Mother Parking Vent

• imagekirbabe:
    imageGeeksWithSqueaks:

I REALLY have no patience for people parking in the EM parking spots. The store here has 6 spots and they are almost always full, and almost always NOT by expectant mothers, or mothers with brand new little ones (I don't mind if they have really young kids, especially brand new ones).

I got one the other day and an old lady pulled into the one beside us (she had to be pushing 70-80) and I pointed out the sign thinking maybe she didn't know and she fingered me and kept walking so I asked when she was due because if she wasn't pregnant I would report her to store management, she started cussing me out about being a snitch and back in her day pregnant wasn't a handicap or lazy excuse.

or (my personal fav)

Three days before Christmas the store is a nut house, and we were circling and circling waiting for any spot that was closer then 14 stalls away and we notice that in one of the EX stalls there is a girl just sitting in the car talking on her cell phone, and I was like okay she might be waiting for a pregnant friend so I will just go ask. First she tells me to f*** off among many other things and that she was surprised I could get pregnant by a guy cause who would want to touch a tub of lard like me ('m a bigger girl to start and it shows though I look more pregnant now then anything). And I was so taken aback I just stood there in shock and asked again if her friend was pregnant if not if she would mind giving the stall up for me since I am not suppose to walk for longer then 10 minutes at  a time (store has scooters its why we shopped there, yay some independence).  To which she rolled he window up laughing and turned her music on, they occupied the stall for a good hour because she was still there when I came out.

Dude, I would never admit on a public forum I had confronted these people.  Entitled, much?!  People are lazy and they're not doing themselves any favors.  So what?  You kind of sound like the biznatch for telling an 80-year old woman you were going to report her!!! 

Not that I have ever parked in one of these spots (I only know of a couple of baby places that have them, anyway), because I knew that I could use the extra walking.

This and people who circle the parking lot wasting time just so they can get a little closer drive me nuts. You actually parked and got out to ask someone to move instead of parking a little further away and getting your shopping trip done and over with?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageGeeksWithSqueaks:

I REALLY have no patience for people parking in the EM parking spots. The store here has 6 spots and they are almost always full, and almost always NOT by expectant mothers, or mothers with brand new little ones (I don't mind if they have really young kids, especially brand new ones).

I got one the other day and an old lady pulled into the one beside us (she had to be pushing 70-80) and I pointed out the sign thinking maybe she didn't know and she fingered me and kept walking so I asked when she was due because if she wasn't pregnant I would report her to store management, she started cussing me out about being a snitch and back in her day pregnant wasn't a handicap or lazy excuse.

or (my personal fav)

Three days before Christmas the store is a nut house, and we were circling and circling waiting for any spot that was closer then 14 stalls away and we notice that in one of the EX stalls there is a girl just sitting in the car talking on her cell phone, and I was like okay she might be waiting for a pregnant friend so I will just go ask. First she tells me to f*** off among many other things and that she was surprised I could get pregnant by a guy cause who would want to touch a tub of lard like me ('m a bigger girl to start and it shows though I look more pregnant now then anything). And I was so taken aback I just stood there in shock and asked again if her friend was pregnant if not if she would mind giving the stall up for me since I am not suppose to walk for longer then 10 minutes at  a time (store has scooters its why we shopped there, yay some independence).  To which she rolled he window up laughing and turned her music on, they occupied the stall for a good hour because she was still there when I came out.

You might want to work on those anger management skills before the baby gets here. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Meh, I think your vent is silly.  I also think these spots should be for "Pregnant women and people with children."  It's much harder getting out of the car and into the store with a little kid. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Here in MN, we don't have too many places with Expectant Mother parking, but I use it when it's there. For me, it's not about how far the walk is, but rather the safety/risk of falling down. Most parking lots are icy and slippery and being closer to the door minimizes my risk of falling on my a$$ and having to worry about harming the baby. I think it's incredibly rude for non-pregnant people to take these spots for this reason.

Anniversary

• imageBelhurstBride:
    I never understood EM parking but man I wish more places had parking for families with young children. Not even to be closer to the store, but just some extra space between spots. I always end up parking in East Bum F so I can get the kids in and out of the car without hitting somone's car with my door... but some jackass always ends up parking right on top of me. 

This.  Even just a row of spaces that are wider so doors can be opened easier or so I don't get run over hanging out the car halfway while I buckle car seats.  :o)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers imageimage
  • imagemegandscott07:
    Here in MN, we don't have too many places with Expectant Mother parking, but I use it when it's there. For me, it's not about how far the walk is, but rather the safety/risk of falling down. Most parking lots are icy and slippery and being closer to the door minimizes my risk of falling on my a and having to worry about harming the baby. I think it's incredibly rude for nonpregnant people to take these spots for this reason.

Exactly!!! I live in MN too and am surprised I haven't fallen on my ass yet. I've only seen them at babies r us and some walmarts. I did park there during 1st Or 2nd tri once and felt bad. But i got super nauseous so made my husband park close so I could run in to puke.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • We don't even have though spots here anymore. We use to at some restaurants, but now those are the "TOGO"  spots IMO those ppl sound like jackas*es to me but then again I am a hormonal pregnant woman! 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Nothing like a good EM debate. Most stores here have converted their EM parking spots to "expectant mothers and families with small children" spots. I typically don't use them but if my 2.5 yr old is throwing a fit and I MUST get into and out of the store quickly I will park there in a pinch because there's nothing worse than being pregnant and having to carry a tantruming toddler over your shoulder like a sack of wiggly potatoes. Then again, if he's throwing that much of a fit I'm not sure I would even bother going in.  

• imageGeeksWithSqueaks:

or (my personal fav)

An old lady fingered you in a parking lot????? I'm not sure I'd want to admit that on a public board. 

• If a store sets up parking spots for "Expectant Mothers" or "Mothers with Young Children" then I think those guidelines should be followed just like any other store policy (don't take your cart out of the lot, no checks accepted, whatever) and the people stealing the spots are breaking store policy. The argument over whether or not these spots are an appropriate use of store space has obviously already been decided by management, if the spots are there. I don't complain about stores offering a "senior discount" and quibble over whether or not they deserve it, so in turn, granny shouldn't be flipping people off and taking their spots.

I do agree that most of us could use the extra walking - I will say I found the spot at Target very handy once when I really had to pee but have otherwise left the spots alone.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageGeeksWithSqueaks:

or (my personal fav)

So you are only allowed 10 minutes of walking and yet you think the smart use of your allotted walking time is to confront someone in a parking lot rather than having you companion in the car drop you off at the front door so you can do your shoppingshopping?  You sound like a peach. 

• imagejkkg317:
    I never used it the first time because I was sure if I did someone pregnant with triplets would pull up or something and I didn't feel like I actually needed it that badly anyway. This time I have had trouble with my gallbladder so I have been in a lot of pain and if my H doesn't drop me off at the door we'll park there so I don't have to walk to far. Most of the spots here say Expectant and New Mother parking and I did use it more after with the car seat and diaper bag to haul around.nbsp;

This.
  • WOW!! WTF!! When did this thread become a lets talk s*** about other mothers!?? First of all isnt the whole point of this website for pregnant women or soon to be pregnant women or already had children women come together for HELPFUL advice??? Im pretty damn sure EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU learned the golden rule in school, if not let me help you out here "if you do not have something nice to say dont say anything at all!" If you do not understand that here is my version

SHUT THE F*** UP! and stop bashing other pregnant women!!! You can HAVE an opinion on the topic thread HOWEVER you do not need to state your opinion on the other expectant mothers on this site!! SHAME ON YOU!!!!

• imagecallieandaiden:

WOW!! WTF!! When did this thread become a lets talk s*** about other mothers!?? First of all isnt the whole point of this website for pregnant women or soon to be pregnant women or already had children women come together for HELPFUL advice??? Im pretty damn sure EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU learned the golden rule in school, if not let me help you out here "if you do not have something nice to say dont say anything at all!" If you do not understand that here is my version

SHUT THE F*** UP! and stop bashing other pregnant women!!! You can HAVE an opinion on the topic thread HOWEVER you do not need to state your opinion on the other expectant mothers on this site!! SHAME ON YOU!!!!

Oh this ought to get good.

Haven't been around much, have you? 

DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageKmfMjf1024:

If a store sets up parking spots for "Expectant Mothers" or "Mothers with Young Children" then I think those guidelines should be followed just like any other store policy (don't take your cart out of the lot, no checks accepted, whatever) and the people stealing the spots are breaking store policy. The argument over whether or not these spots are an appropriate use of store space has obviously already been decided by management, if the spots are there. I don't complain about stores offering a "senior discount" and quibble over whether or not they deserve it, so in turn, granny shouldn't be flipping people off and taking their spots.

I do agree that most of us could use the extra walking - I will say I found the spot at Target very handy once when I really had to pee but have otherwise left the spots alone.

Holy cow, THIS. The store has ALREADY designated the spots. How people feel about EM spaces in this case is a moot point. The spots were specifically for expectant mothers, you can't just break the "rules" because you don't agree. 

• imagecallieandaiden:

WOW!! WTF!! When did this thread become a lets talk s*** about other mothers!?? First of all isnt the whole point of this website for pregnant women or soon to be pregnant women or already had children women come together for HELPFUL advice??? Im pretty damn sure EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU learned the golden rule in school, if not let me help you out here "if you do not have something nice to say dont say anything at all!" If you do not understand that here is my version

LOL at "if you do not have something nice to say don't say anything at all!" coming from someone who just told everyone to SHUT THE F*** UP!

• Lurking

EM parking is great, especially if you're like me and walking any distance was very difficult in 3rd tri.

Also, I think it should be "Expecting Mothers and Families with young children" and that there should be more spots made available. I know that I hate walking around a parking lot with my newborn for safety reasons AND just needing to get in the car and gone asap.  

EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    EDD#2 2.20.16 I love you already! <3

BabyFruit Ticker
    FEB16 Siggy Challenge Fave TV mom
  • imageBelhurstBride:
    imagecallieandaiden:

Oh this ought to get good.

Haven't been around much, have you? 

9 posts, I doubt her cherry's been officially popped.  

EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Im pretty sure either you read what you want to read or you just decided to skip over the part where I clearly typed "if you do not understand that here is MY version" or the fact after I said shut the F up I said stop bashing other pregnant women!

:) Just in case you needed help reading!

• imagecallieandaiden:

This website was started to make money, pure and simple. Come in and ask for advice if you want, but know that whatever you say, whether it be venting, advice requests, or information you think should be shared with others, can and will be held against you. It's a PUBLIC forum. Go to Babygaga if you have a problem with the fact that we don't fart rainbows and skittles.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I agree with you.  Stealing a parking spot designated to a pregnant woman, especially when she's blatantly waiting for it with her blinker on, is just as bad as parking in a handicapped spot when you're not handicapped.  It's there for a reason, and that reason is definitely not laziness lol.  
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • At least you live somewhere that offers that luxury! So wish we had those here! I understand your frustration though. It always annoys me when people who are obviously not handicapped park in the handicapped spots and then proceed to run into the building.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imagecallieandaiden:

I have to troll you right now, because the Golden Rule is actually "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Similar, but not the same.

lol @ the rest of this thread. Wow...  

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"