San Diego Babies

corepower yoga

Does anyone go to corepower yoga? I recently found out I am pregnant and hesitant to go knowing that some position are not good during pregnancy. I'm guess C1's are the safest since it's not as hot.

Thanks! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: corepower yoga

• I have been to both CP and 24 Hour for Yoga. Avoid Bikram (Hot Yofga), but you can do regular/Vinyasa/Flow yoga. At the CP in Point Loma and the 24 Hour the instructor frequently noted when positions were not advised for pregnant and/or menstruating women. If they don't do that where you regularly practice, let the class instructor know in advance that you're expecting and she/he will state which positions to stop.

Also, UCSD offers prenatal Yoga at the Jewish Community Center in UTC/La Jolla (not sure where you're located), classes are $15 each or $100 for 8 week session.  

• Thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • There are four to five major rules for yoga once you become pregnant.

1. No hot yoga

2. No major Twists

3. No jumping (i.e. from forward fold to chadaranga)

4. No poses on the belly

5. No inversions, unless you do this already everyday

This is why a prenatal yoga class is so great! You don't have to worry about any of these poses. They will already format the class around your growing belly.

Prenatal Yoga classes in the North County include:

1. My class in San Marcos and San Elijo through the city of San Marcos recreation. www.lgbyoga.blogspot.com

2. Yoga Janda in Vista at Babies in Bloom

3. Yoga Jai Ma in Rancho Bernardo

4. Soul of Yoga in Encinitas

I am sure there are others that folks would like to share.

Good luck!

Lisa  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"