Baby Names

For fun: What were your favourite names when you were a teenager?

I found an old notebook with names scribbled in the back. Apparently, at about 16, I was going to name my future DS Lucas Michail and a future DD Brigitta Louisa.

Michail is Russian. I'm not. I guess that history classes on the Soviet Union inspired my name choice ;) I cannot get over how very 'Sound of Music' Brigitta Louisa is....

Did you fantasize about babynames in your teens? What were you planning on naming your future DDs and DSs? And, more importantly, did you use those names?  

I still like Lucas, but it's no longer a favourite. Michail is off the list. Brigitta is nice, but nowadays no longer my style and therefore also off the list. Louisa is the only one that's still going strong list-wise. 

Re: For fun: What were your favourite names when you were a teenager?

• I loved all of the Sound of Music names. 

I also liked Paige, Hannah, and Cole for a more realistic name set. My cousin used Hannah and instead of Cole, we opted for a more formal Nicholas (which was a name I have loved since college). 

Chrinstina (yes, there is an "n" in the middle) was a ridonkulous name I thought was sooo unique and awesome. LOL.  

• For a boy I wanted Isaac... I remember that at summer camp one summer, one of the counsellors had that name and he was really cool, haha. 

For a girl I wanted Abigail or Lillian (nn Lily), and I still love both those names but they're waaaay too popular for me to ever consider :( 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• I never really gave it any thought, but after reading A Doll's House in English class in high school, I fell in love with the name Nora.

Fourteen years later, that was the one name that DH and I absolutely agreed upon, and chose, for DD.

TTC since 11/05...ectopic pg 4/08...early m/c 6/09...BFP 10/5/09!
    Nora B...June 15, 2010...8lbs, 8oz...Med-free birth!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2 since 7/11...cycle #3 of Clomid + IUI = BFP
    Malcolm...September 21, 2012...8lbs, 6oz...Another med-free birth!

• I was obsessed with Boy Meets World and wanted my daughter to be named Topanga.
  • haha! I loved Jake for a boy (16 candles influence) and 

TIGER LILY for a girl

smh 

• I had a thing for biblical names (still do). I must have really been into 7th Heaven (tv show) at that point because these were the types of names on my list...

Matthew

Mary

Lucy

Simon

Ruth

Samuel

David

Mr. & Mrs. - Est. 10.03.2009

TTC #1 since 06.2011 Me-24 DH-24

12.2011 SA = Normal

06.2012 First visit with OB/GYN

10.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

11.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

12.2012 Clomid 100mg + TI = BFN

01.2013 First visit with RE

02.2013 Clomid 150mg + TI = BFN

03.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

05.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

06.2013 Femara 7.5mg + TI = BFN

*Taking a break*  

• Mine were bad. I liked Brianna, Simone, and Kennedy for girls. (I know.) For boys, Austin and Matthew.

Matthew is the only one I would even remotely consider now and that would only be if we had 10 other boys and truly ran out of names.

I also cannot believe that I am about to admit this but I loved the name Simone so much that I wanted twin girls and I was going to name them Simone and Symone.

I have no idea what I was thinking. This list could not be further from our current naming style.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • image ShoeFanatic614:

Mine were bad. I liked Brianna, Simone, and Kennedy for girls. (I know.) For boys, Austin and Matthew.

Matthew is the only one I would even remotely consider now and that would only be if we had 10 other boys and truly ran out of names.

I also cannot believe that I am about to admit this but I loved the name Simone so much that I wanted twin girls and I was going to name them Simone and Symone.

I have no idea what I was thinking. This list could not be further from our current naming style.

Hahaha!! This is hilarious!

I am also willing to admit I had not so sophisticated taste in names back then.  My favorite was Raven.  For either a girl or a boy.Embarrassed

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

• I liked Michael and Heather. I also liked Joseph. I still like the same sort of names.
  • Austin Jude was my top pick for a boy. I also remember loving Sydney, I was a Melrose Place fan.

I don't hate either name now, but both definitely seem dated now, especially as a sibset. 

DD#1 12/30/08 DD#2 5/3/11
  • Gage for a son.
    Emma for a daughter. I decided on Emma when I was four years old!
    ...then Ross and Rachel on Friends had to go and use it and make it uuuber popular! Ugh!!!

I have a son named Gage, and Emma WAS a top contender for this little girl, despite the popularity.

I've been pretty loyal to my name choices!
  • image Helenahhandbasket:
    image ShoeFanatic614:

Mine were bad. I liked Brianna, Simone, and Kennedy for girls. (I know.) For boys, Austin and Matthew.

I am also willing to admit I had not so sophisticated taste in names back then.  My favorite was Raven.  For either a girl or a boy.Embarrassed

I know! I'm mortified.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • image ShoeFanatic614:
    image Helenahhandbasket:
    image ShoeFanatic614:

I know! I'm mortified.

Don't be. I had a great laugh! 

• In college, I really had my heart set on Taylor, after a character from my favorite book, The Bean Trees, but since then, it has gotten way too popular and maybe a little dated, so it's off my name list for kids (although I haven't ruled it out as a someday pet's name).

I also loved Aurora (and still do), but my husband doesn't like it, so it's also off the list.

This one wasn't really on my own name list, but I had a classmate named Aiden in HS, and I remember thinking what a nice and unique name it was. hahaha! How quickly things have changed!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Mine were AWFUL!!!!  I liked Kaeleigh (now wwww) when i was like 12
    Blessed with double the love. C and J born May 2013
  • When I was younger in h.s. i remember loving the names Paige and Nikki, somehow that stuck with me and I remember that.  I don't love those names now though.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Rylie Rae for a girl and Lane Thomas for a boy. The girls name was godawful. Idk what I was thinking.

• I always wanted Isabelle for a daughter. It's my grandmothers name and as soon as I learned her name was really Grandma, I loved it. However I would never use it now due to popularity.  Luckily I had two boys because I think my grandmother would have been disapointed as I talked about it since I was like 5.

**Parenting siggy challenge**

Little Dude '09 Littlest Dude '12
  • I liked Julia Brooke and Brendan Taylor in high school. Definitely not my style now.
    Carly

First month TTCing #2 7/12

My DX: Lupus, PCOS, LPD and LP/DH's DX: LM
    m/c 10/04, m/c 7/05
    Pregnant with DD, after 3 rounds of Clomid, 8/06, loss of her twin 11/06
    m/c 1/09, mc 2/13, c/p 5/13
    1st round of Clomid this time (50 mg) 10/13- BFN
    2nd round of Clomid (100 mg) 11/13- BFN
    Cycle #18: 12/13- Break from meds for yet another HSG for me and yet another SA for DH. We're on our own this month! 

Potato Launcher

• I had a list of about 7 names each for boys and girls. I don't remember most of them, but two of the boy names were Micah Kyle and Caleb Scott. I dated a Caleb, so that one is definitely out, and Micah is not really my style anymore. I think Ashlynn or Jesslyn was one of the girl names. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• I always liked the names Mary Kate and Olivia (those were always my doll's names).  Olivia is just too popular for my taste right now.  Still love Mary Kate!  

I also really liked the names Lori and Kelly.  As for boys, I liked the names Alec, Brent and Brad.  I also liked the names Anastasia and Christy (sp?) from The Baby Sister's Club, lol.

• I've always liked the same names, since I was a kid:

Christopher (which is DH's name - he hates it, so no Chris Jrs in my future unfortunately.)

Michael

Ashley

4/12/10 - Began TTC 8/2012 - IFV #1 - 18 follicles retrieved, 11 usable, 10 fertilized, 9 continued to grow, 2 tranferred, BFN :( 9/2012 to 10/2012- Treated for uterine infection 11/12/12 - Began IVF #2 12/19/12 - 2 embryos tranferred 12/24/12 - Tested Christmas Eve morning - first ever BFP!!! with a due date of 9/6 :) 12/28/12 - Beta #1 - 193 12/31/12 - Beta #2 - 624 1/7/13 - Beta #3 - 7544 1/14/13 - Beta #4 - 31,067 1/16/13 - IT'S TWINS!!!! Two healthy heartbeats! 8/22/13 9:51 and 9:52pm- Our precious Ashley and Kayla arrived in perfect health.  (Ashley - 6lbs 0oz, 18.5 inches.  Kayla - 5lbs 2oz, 17 inches.)

imageimage

• As a teenager I really liked Madelyn, but then it became really popular. For boys I liked Luca and Aiden. Aiden also became really popular, but generally I'm just not a fan of the sound of it anymore. I still think Luca is a nice name, but it wouldn't be my first choice for a boy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • For girls I had Cheyenne, Mikayla, and Samara on my list in high school. None of them made it to the long list when it came to naming our kids.

I fell in love with Trace in college for a boy but DH hates it so not an option for either of our boys.

• My fantasy names were Lucy Jane and Maxwell Jude. Very beatles! These names are nowhere on my list except Jane because I'm terrified of the rising popularity. Lol at my hyperbolic use of the word terrified.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
    BFP #1: 12/22/10. EDD: 9/4/11. BDay: 8/30/11
    BFP #2: 10/16/12. EDD: 6/27/13. Said Goodbye: 10/22/12
    BFP #3: 11/20/12. EDD: 8/1/13. STICK BABY STICK!
    Betas: 11/30/12 - 2819. 12/2/12 - 7339! Keep growing, baby!

VOTE on my Name List
  • Aidan and Alexa (after hearing it was Billy Joel's daughter's name).  Who knew they would become so popular???? 
    O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • In 3rd grade my best friends names were Courtney and Corey.  I was set on naming my future boy and girl that...Too funny.
    Husband and Wife 2010
    DD 12.2010
    TTC #2 Since Aug 2012
    DX PCOS 7.25.13
    Started Metformin 7.2013
    DH SA results 6.19.14 - Too few normal sperm
    8.13.14 - SURPRISE BFP - EDD 3/30/14 Based on LMP
    MMC 9/24/14, D&C 9/25/14 13w3d, Measured at 7w4d

• Girl: Jordyn and Kayla

Boy: Rainger and Cade

Very much NOT my taste 20+ years later. :-)

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• I've loved Elena since I saw the Mask of Zorro.  Still love it, but DH wasn't on board so it got nixed from the list.  I've also loved Henry since I was a teen and now it is getting popular.  Still like it though!
  • I liked preppy names like Emily and Preston.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards