February 2012 Moms

BFP--or holy cow, we are crazy!

We are going to have another little one joining our family around October 8th.  We  were definitely nuts, but we can't wait.  My husband was working nights, so I put C in a big sis shirt, and let her go into to get him when he woke up.  It took him a while to catch on because he had just woken up and didn't have his contacts in--but he was super pumped when he finally realized what her shirt actually meant!!

I am trying to do everything I can for the next 9 months to keep my partnership on track at work--I was supposed to be up for partnership next spring--right when I will just be coming back from my second maternity leave in two years.  Not exactly stellar timing, but I am just going to make myself so valuable in the next few months that they won't be able to afford to lose me--or something like that!  Actually, all I want to do right now when I put C to bed is go to sleep.  But I am hoping that superproductive Sooner is able to kick it into high gear at some point in the near future so that I don't lose an entire year of partnership.

Also, we need to buy a new car, as my current Saab is apparently the only normal 4-door car that can't seem to fit two carseats and even a very short passenger.  Since my husband is 6'3" and I am 6'0", that is just not going to work.

Finally, we are trying to figure out if we should sell our current house and move closer to my mom who babysits C from time to time.  If we move, we could get way more space and amenities, but we would lose our amazing nanny that we have now because she wouldn't be able to do the commute. 

Ugh--so many things to think about, yet so very tired and unable to think! 

Hope you all are doing well and celebrating lots of birthdays!

Re: BFP--or holy cow, we are crazy!