August 2011 Moms

So... what else is new?

Anyone have anything fun and exciting to share? Or is the AE dramz all we're going to get tonight?
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: So... what else is new?

• Our inspection is Friday at 10! Then, I have a midwife appt at 1! It's going to be an exciting day!!

Also, I had the worst day with L in a while. I haven't decided if it was me or him. I'm being moody, so maybe he wasn't being that bad. I don't know. Sometimes I wish I could record life and play it back so I could do better next time.

How about you?!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have mastitis probably. So that sucks. My H is picking up meds now and I got to go in tomorrow. I feel like crap.

Pity party, table of one. 

• Also, this pregnancy has made me a moody and pimpley mess. I have thought boy up until resently. I wasn't ever THIS moody and never had this many pimples while pregnant with L and J.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • image MrsSkull1107:
    I have mastitis probably. So that sucks. My H is picking up meds now and I got to go in tomorrow. I feel like crap.Pity party, table of one.nbsp;

Omg! Horrible!! I am SO sorry!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • image Rachey1082:
    Our inspection is Friday at 10! Then, I have a midwife appt at 1! It's going to be an exciting day!! Also, I had the worst day with L in a while. I haven't decided if it was me or him. I'm being moody, so maybe he wasn't being that bad. I don't know. Sometimes I wish I could record life and play it back so I could do better next time. How about you?!

This is how I've been feeling for the past 48 hours.  I can't tell if I'm just being a moody, hormonal jerk or if my kids are being butts.  Or is it both?  I don't know!

In other news, I somehow didn't realize that How to Train Your Dragon was a book series before it was a movie but as soon as I found out I downloaded the first book for DD1 and I to listen to.  It's read by David Tennant.  It's also just the type of kids' story I like, and it's so fun to listen to that I'm secretly listening ahead without DD1 and then going back when we sit down together to listen.  Hee.

// I love you too. //

• image Rachey1082:
    Our inspection is Friday at 10! Then, I have a midwife appt at 1! It's going to be an exciting day!! Also, I had the worst day with L in a while. I haven't decided if it was me or him. I'm being moody, so maybe he wasn't being that bad. I don't know. Sometimes I wish I could record life and play it back so I could do better next time. How about you?!

Ahhh this is SO exciting! Hurry up already Friday!!!!!

Sorry about your not-so-great day, though. I hate days like that. Here's to hoping tomorrow is better.

Not much new over here. Well, no diaper blowout today (let's hope that doesn't mean we're in for a middle-of-the-night poopsplosion) so yay for that! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image MrsSkull1107:

I have mastitis probably. So that sucks. My H is picking up meds now and I got to go in tomorrow. I feel like crap.

Pity party, table of one. 

Ouch! I hope you get some relief soon. 

• Also, 7 weeks (minus 1 day since today is over) until maternity leave! 
  • image NativeFloridian:

image Rachey1082:
    Our inspection is Friday at 10! Then, I have a midwife appt at 1! It's going to be an exciting day!!

Also, I had the worst day with L in a while. I haven't decided if it was me or him. I'm being moody, so maybe he wasn't being that bad. I don't know. Sometimes I wish I could record life and play it back so I could do better next time.

How about you?!

This is how I've been feeling for the past 48 hours.  I can't tell if I'm just being a moody, hormonal jerk or if my kids are being butts.  Or is it both?  I don't know!

In other news, I somehow didn't realize that How to Train Your Dragon was a book series before it was a movie but as soon as I found out I downloaded the first book for DD1 and I to listen to.  It's read by David Tennant.  It's also just the type of kids' story I like, and it's so fun to listen to that I'm secretly listening ahead without DD1 and then going back when we sit down together to listen.  Hee.

Sounds like a fun series! I think liam would like it!! I may download for him too. :D

Parenthood is so hard. My SIL calling Liam "delayed" plays over and over again in my head. It is stuck on repeat. I still feel lost on this add/ADHD thing, especially because he's only a new 4. I think it makes me more aware that he's not listening or paying attention.

What were the girls doing today?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • image Monsieur_et_Madame_Ha:
    Also, 7 weeks minus 1 day since today is over until maternity leave!nbsp;

Woot woot!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • image Rachey1082:
    image NativeFloridian:

image Rachey1082:

Sounds like a fun series! I think liam would like it!! I may download for him too. :D Parenthood is so hard. My SIL calling Liam "delayed" plays over and over again in my head. It is stuck on repeat. I still feel lost on this add/ADHD thing, especially because he's only a new 4. I think it makes me more aware that he's not listening or paying attention. What were the girls doing today?

Having colds.  But DD2 usually handles colds like a champ, and this time she is just super fussy.  DD1 has been trying to get me to play with her by way of telling my mother that I'm not paying attention to her and that I only want to be on the computer, then reports back to me with a smart-ass remark from my mother about my computer use.

I guess the time I do spend with them doesn't matter.  As soon as I spend a day mostly lounging around with the laptop it's, "You never spend time with DDs because you're always on the computer."  And boy howdy, DD1 takes full advantage of that little argument.  I don't appreciate it in the least.

// I love you too. //

• NF, maybe we're not moody, just everyone around us is. DH was all on my nerves all morning. I felt like he didn't appreciate me or how hard I worked over the weekend while being pregnant and really sick.

My granny used to say, "isn't it hard being so perfect when everyone else needs such improvement?" she was kidding, of course, but makes ya think.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • image NativeFloridian:

I guess the time I do spend with them doesn't matter.  

I feel this holds true for so many things when it comes to being a parent.

As a child, every time my parents would go on a date, my brother and I would cry that they were "always leaving us". They went out about 4 times a year. 

• That's no good :( hope you feel better! I had it twice from pumping and would not wish it on my worst enemy. The meds take it away pretty quickly if you catch it early.

• image Rachey1082:
    NF, maybe we're not moody, just everyone around us is. DH was all on my nerves all morning. I felt like he didn't appreciate me or how hard I worked over the weekend while being pregnant and really sick. My granny used to say, "isn't it hard being so perfect when everyone else needs such improvement?" she was kidding, of course, but makes ya think.

Grandmas say the best stuff.  I hope I'm that wise when I'm a grandmother.

It does make you think.  But mostly it's just making me think I still don't know if I'm being a d!ck or if it's other people or what.

// I love you too. //

• image Monsieur_et_Madame_Ha:
    image NativeFloridian:

I guess the time I do spend with them doesn't matter.  

I feel this holds true for so many things when it comes to being a parent.

As a child, every time my parents would go on a date, my brother and I would cry that they were "always leaving us". They went out about 4 times a year. 

Yeah, I've spent the bulk of the last week just nursing my aches and pains and generally being a lazy-ass about the house.  I spent almost all of yesterday on the computer but I did also spend the two consecutive days before that out of the house ALL day, and meal planned and grocery shopped.  I also cooked dinner several nights this week and did some laundry.  If I've been moody it probably has been a touch too much, but I rarely ever act this way and I was kind of forcing a "vacation" for myself.  Backfired, I guess.

// I love you too. //

• image NativeFloridian:

image Rachey1082:
    NF, maybe we're not moody, just everyone around us is. DH was all on my nerves all morning. I felt like he didn't appreciate me or how hard I worked over the weekend while being pregnant and really sick.

My granny used to say, "isn't it hard being so perfect when everyone else needs such improvement?" she was kidding, of course, but makes ya think.

It does make you think.  But mostly it's just making me think I still don't know if I'm being a d!ck or if it's other people or what.

Let's just blame it on other people. It's easier. And, tomorrow is a new day. Let's be happy tomorrow. Yay! Happy!

In other news, heartburn has already kicked in this pregnancy. I have hairy babies.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • image Crash Into Me:

You wanna talk about how my night went to hell when DH walked in?  Okay, let's do this.

DD was in a good mood, had just finished a snack of raisins and watched MMCH.  DH walks in.  Plays with her for a minute and then gets up and walks off to start dinner.  He starts making breakfast for dinner.  Fine, okay, it was on the list for this week.  DD can't eat eggs (allergy) and won't eat bacon or sausage.  I start throwing together some pancake mix, he gets mad because he's tripping over me and DD in the kitchen, I walk out in the middle of measuring ingredients.  

I take DD into the living room and we're playing with puzzles.  One of the dogs comes in, sits down funny, and then I realize she is peeing.  I yell for DH to grab lots of towels and the carpet cleaner, he brings me the very end of a roll of paper towels.  This was like a full bladder pee, not a handful of paper towels job.  I run into the kitchen and grab like 6 hand towels and when I go back, DD is standing in the pee puddle.  I grab her, take her shoes off, and set them aside so she isn't tracking pee all over.  I start sopping up the pee, she starts whining about her shoes.  She has a MAJOR obsession with shoes.  I hit *that* point and toss the shoes out the front door to get them out of her sight.  She's screaming, DH is pissed, and all I want to do is sop up the pee.  I can hear DH getting more pissed in the kitchen-he can't find anything, where's the griddle, stupid drawer is stuck.  Whatever.  I can only deal with one tantrum at a time.  

I spray the spot, try to calm DD, she starts hitting me.  I've had enough of this ridiculous hitting phase and tell her very firmly she's about to go to timeout.  She hits me again, I put her in timeout, cue sobbing even harder.  Did I mention she's sick and that every cold goes right to her chest and she's super rattly?  Yeah, add that in with crying and she can't hardly breathe.  She comes from the corner, I hug her, hold her, tell her to be gentle with me, and she has that winding down sobbing, breathing mess thing going on.  I finally distract her with puzzles.  DH is melting a spatula on a pancake. WTF, still not sure how that happened.  DD throws another fit, I don't know what this was about.  I give up.  I take her into the TV room, pop on some more MMCH, and hold her.  She sunk into my body like never before.   We sat there until dinner was ready.  We eat.

Phew.

Well that escalated quickly.  Geez.  Nights like that can be a pain, but I'm glad it's over for you.  =/

// I love you too. //

• image Rachey1082:
    image NativeFloridian:

image Rachey1082:
    NF, maybe we're not moody, just everyone around us is. DH was all on my nerves all morning. I felt like he didn't appreciate me or how hard I worked over the weekend while being pregnant and really sick. My granny used to say, "isn't it hard being so perfect when everyone else needs such improvement?" she was kidding, of course, but makes ya think.

Let's just blame it on other people. It's easier. And, tomorrow is a new day. Let's be happy tomorrow. Yay! Happy! In other news, heartburn has already kicked in this pregnancy. I have hairy babies.

I'm cool with that.  Bring on the morrow!

// I love you too. //

• image Crash Into Me:
    You wanna talk about how my night went to hell when DH walked in?nbsp; Okay, let's do this.DD was in a good mood, had just finished a snack of raisins and watched MMCH.nbsp; DH walks in.nbsp; Plays with her for a minute and then gets up and walks off to start dinner.nbsp; He starts making breakfast for dinner.nbsp; Fine, okay, it was on the list for this week.nbsp; DD can't eat eggs allergy and won't eat bacon or sausage.nbsp; I start throwing together some pancake mix, he gets mad because he's tripping over me and DD in the kitchen, I walk out in the middle of measuring ingredients. nbsp;I take DD into the living room and we're playing with puzzles.nbsp; One of the dogs comes in, sits down funny, and then I realize she is peeing.nbsp; I yell for DH to grab lots of towels and the carpet cleaner, he brings me the very end of a roll of paper towels.nbsp; This was like a full bladder pee, not a handful of paper towels job.nbsp; I run into the kitchen and grab like 6 hand towels and when I go back, DD is standing in the pee puddle.nbsp; I grab her, take her shoes off, and set them aside so she isn't tracking pee all over.nbsp; I start sopping up the pee, she starts whining about her shoes.nbsp; She has a MAJOR obsession with shoes.nbsp; I hit that point and toss the shoes out the front door to get them out of her sight.nbsp; She's screaming, DH is pissed, and all I want to do is sop up the pee.nbsp; I can hear DH getting more pissed in the kitchenhe can't find anything, where's the griddle, stupid drawer is stuck.nbsp; Whatever.nbsp; I can only deal with one tantrum at a time. nbsp;I spray the spot, try to calm DD, she starts hitting me.nbsp; I've had enough of this ridiculous hitting phase and tell her very firmly she's about to go to timeout.nbsp; She hits me again, I put her in timeout, cue sobbing even harder.nbsp; Did I mention she's sick and that every cold goes right to her chest and she's super rattly?nbsp; Yeah, add that in with crying and she can't hardly breathe.nbsp; She comes from the corner, I hug her, hold her, tell her to be gentle with me, and she has that winding down sobbing, breathing mess thing going on.nbsp; I finally distract her with puzzles.nbsp; DH is melting a spatula on a pancake. WTF, still not sure how that happened.nbsp; DD throws another fit, I don't know what this was about.nbsp; I give up.nbsp; I take her into the TV room, pop on some more MMCH, and hold her.nbsp; She sunk into my body like never before. nbsp; We sat there until dinner was ready.nbsp; We eat.Phew.

Holy cow, Crash! Hard night!!! Is something wrong with the dog? Why would she pee infront of you on the floor like that?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm sorry Crash. We've had nights like those too and they completely blow.
  • image Crash Into Me:

You wanna talk about how my night went to hell when DH walked in?  Okay, let's do this.

Wow - that is a super-crazy night.

• Please count me on Team "Either I'm being an asshat or my kid is".  I haven't figured out which. I suspect we're both at fault.  Although since I'm the adult, I should probably take responsibility.

Crash that night sucks royally.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I was unpacking a box earlier this afternoon and found  long-lost disk for a computer game that I'd always wanted to play, but could never find the CD.

So I load it up. Then it's dinner, DH calls, and the evening goes relatively smoothly.

DS was super cooperative and cleaned up the mess he'd made (mostly scattering coasters around the house), and all I had to do was hand him a coaster/toy/book/movie and say "Go put this away." Awesome, right?

He actually went down decently easily at 7:15, and I completely zoned out playing the computer game. There are no clocks in that room, and I have no idea what time it is. I get bored, turn the game off, and the clock on the computer says 10pm. Wha....? It felt like an hour, not three.

So I did nothing this evening. I'm a bum. But I did go through quite a bit today - packed a box for Goodwill, put a lot of stuff away (or at least in the right room)... Maybe I'll get this house unpacked before March. Ha.

• image NativeFloridian:
    image Crash Into Me:

DD was in a good mood, had just finished a snack of raisins and watched MMCH.  DH walks in.  Plays with her for a minute and then gets up and walks off to start dinner.  He starts making breakfast for dinner.  Fine, okay, it was on the list for this week.  DD can't eat eggs (allergy) and won't eat bacon or sausage.  I start throwing together some pancake mix, he gets mad because he's tripping over me and DD in the kitchen, I walk out in the middle of measuring ingredients.  

I take DD into the living room and we're playing with puzzles.  One of the dogs comes in, sits down funny, and then I realize she is peeing.  I yell for DH to grab lots of towels and the carpet cleaner, he brings me the very end of a roll of paper towels.  This was like a full bladder pee, not a handful of paper towels job.  I run into the kitchen and grab like 6 hand towels and when I go back, DD is standing in the pee puddle.  I grab her, take her shoes off, and set them aside so she isn't tracking pee all over.  I start sopping up the pee, she starts whining about her shoes.  She has a MAJOR obsession with shoes.  I hit *that* point and toss the shoes out the front door to get them out of her sight.  She's screaming, DH is pissed, and all I want to do is sop up the pee.  I can hear DH getting more pissed in the kitchen-he can't find anything, where's the griddle, stupid drawer is stuck.  Whatever.  I can only deal with one tantrum at a time.  

I spray the spot, try to calm DD, she starts hitting me.  I've had enough of this ridiculous hitting phase and tell her very firmly she's about to go to timeout.  She hits me again, I put her in timeout, cue sobbing even harder.  Did I mention she's sick and that every cold goes right to her chest and she's super rattly?  Yeah, add that in with crying and she can't hardly breathe.  She comes from the corner, I hug her, hold her, tell her to be gentle with me, and she has that winding down sobbing, breathing mess thing going on.  I finally distract her with puzzles.  DH is melting a spatula on a pancake. WTF, still not sure how that happened.  DD throws another fit, I don't know what this was about.  I give up.  I take her into the TV room, pop on some more MMCH, and hold her.  She sunk into my body like never before.   We sat there until dinner was ready.  We eat.

Phew.

Well that escalated quickly.  Geez.  Nights like that can be a pain, but I'm glad it's over for you.  =/

this is what I thought!  Sorry you had a tough night Crash, but thank goodness it's over!   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards