Breastfeeding

Lefty barely "works" Please help!!

Hey  ladies,

my son prefers my right breast, so it is now my over producer.  When I'm at work I can get a total of 6-7 oz from the right but barely 1/2-1 oz from the left, I have tried forcing him on it (he takes it in a sleepy haze) and i have power pumped it, I am at loss.  What can I dod to fix it??

Keeshia P.- Devoted Wife, Mother, & RN

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Lefty barely "works" Please help!!

• Most times one is an under-producer.  You can try starting him on that side first and pumping that side while nursing on the other. 
    **Formally BabyTG from the Nov.11 Board** Our world changed on 2/28/11 with two lines. Unfortunately, it changed again on 4/4/11**

• I don't think you can fix it.

With dd 3 yrs ago my left was underproduced and at about 9or10 mo just quit.  I finished out to 12 moon 1 side.

With dS now, left always underproduced right but it too has recently started to drop tom1/2 or 1 oz a pumping. He is almost 9 mo so I guess it is like wi dd.

Ive started trying heron some formula (she hates it) and only have 3 mo Togo so I'm not stressing.  Happy to have breastfed her this long and plan to. Onto us to a year 

My little girl is growing up! (born 12/09) Little brother is here! (born 5/2012) .  Missing our sweet baby lost in December 2013.  Thank you Lord for my precious family!
  • Forgot to add I usually feed him on left first then switch when empty to keep it producing. 

My little girl is growing up! (born 12/09) Little brother is here! (born 5/2012) .  Missing our sweet baby lost in December 2013.  Thank you Lord for my precious family!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards